06-21-2012, 10:38 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Keith Yandle OTB

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1213257

@darenmillard

Quote:
Hearing #coyotes have put yandle back In play. He was available for the right price @ the deadline. Deal is close. #sndraft
Who would you package to get Yandle?

Could be a good fit here with the whole PMD position being vacant if Dougie stays in juniors. The guy is from the Boston area too, Im sure he would love it.

I would love him here. What do you think would be a good package? Similar to the one people proposed for Ryan? (something involving Krejci+ whether that + is our 1st or Spooner or Knight, etc)

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:40 PM
patty59

vCash: 500
Didn't he just sign a new deal? What gives?

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

Yandle would be nice but I think there is a 0 percent chance Dougie stays in Juniors.

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Mione134

Hmmm...

Very intriguing.

Mione134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:43 PM
kman22

God that's sad. Just resigned him long term. A key piece of the team that went to the conference finals. No on the block. No wonder why they have trouble with attendance.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:44 PM
JMiller

Hells yes. Though I shudder to think what it'd cost.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:44 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
God that's sad. Just resigned him long term. A key piece of the team that went to the conference finals. No on the block. No wonder why they have trouble with attendance.
I think that has more to do with the location of the Arena.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Shaun
beauty

they probably think OEL + Gormley + Rundblad make him expendable

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

Do not want...Most overrated player on HF, certainly on Bruins' boards.....Every time I see him, he runs around like the proverbial chicken with his head cut off. Don't think he is coming here.....Rangers might be a possibility for a d and Dubinsky.

Actp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:58 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Do not want...Most overrated player on HF, certainly on Bruins' boards.....Every time I see him, he runs around like the proverbial chicken with his head cut off. Don't think he is coming here.....Rangers might be a possibility for a d and Dubinsky.
I must just underrate Dubinsky.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:58 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
You think the Rangers is a possibility?

Behind Staal, McD, MDZ, Girardi?

Thats a lot to pay for a 3rd pairing d-man

And im assuming you arent suggesting the Rangers offer any of those four AND Dubinsky cause that would be insane

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Deal Law
S corps suck

As much as I hate to say it, this seems like the most inopportune time for Yandle to go on the block from the bruins pov, given how they have long coveted him. Unless we move another d man out in this or a separate trade, I don't see how it works. By most accounts, Hamilton has next to nothing left to learn in junior and needs to be playing/watching/experiencing the NHL game. If we have the chips, I would much rather make a play for Nash/Ryan or someone of that ilk. Unless, of course, you subscribe to the theory that a player like Yandle will improve the bruins' transition game and speed through the neutral zone sufficiently to make up for the lack of another impact forward; he also would not hurt our ****** power play.

Deal Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
You think the Rangers is a possibility?

Behind Staal, McD, MDZ, Girardi?

Thats a lot to pay for a 3rd pairing d-man

And im assuming you arent suggesting the Rangers offer any of those four AND Dubinsky cause that would be insane
Ranagers could use an offensive d, and yes I think they might offer MDZ though that would be a lateral move. If it was any other coach, I think they might move Staal instead, but Torts depends on him too much.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal Law View Post
As much as I hate to say it, this seems like the most inopportune time for Yandle to go on the block from the bruins pov, given how they have long coveted him. Unless we move another d man out in this or a separate trade, I don't see how it works. By most accounts, Hamilton has next to nothing left to learn in junior and needs to be playing/watching/experiencing the NHL game. If we have the chips, I would much rather make a play for Nash/Ryan or someone of that ilk. Unless, of course, you subscribe to the theory that a player like Yandle will improve the bruins' transition game and speed through the neutral zone sufficiently to make up for the lack of another impact forward; he also would not hurt our ****** power play.
this is the perfect time for Yandle. Chara- Dougie, Seids- Yandle, Ference-Quaider and then dump Boychuk and his awful contract. Our defense along with Cody Ceci in juniors would be the best in NHL history.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:03 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Even more so than JVR and Luke Schenn?

MattFromFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Deal Law
S corps suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
this is the perfect time for Yandle. Chara- Dougie, Seids- Yandle, Ference-Quaider and then dump Boychuk and his awful contract. Our defense along with Cody Ceci in juniors would be the best in NHL history.
I agree. That is why I said "unless they can dump another defenseman" and Boychuk would be my pick as well.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Okay you got me with Luke Schenn and perhaps Olli the magnificent, but definitely Schenn or a few other Leafs for that matter.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:07 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

They are taking a D who can play right away back so one of Boychuk or Ference is in the deal automatically. Add Krejci and maybe a first.

If that isnt enough I aint including more than Krug or a lower prospect as the last sweetener.

(We're assuming we laugh at them asking for Hamilton cause I wouldn't give up Dougie for Yandle strait up.)

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Deal Law
S corps suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
The only people who overrate Luke "the human eraser" Schenn wear blue, have a collective learning disability and believe that all of Nash, Ryan and Luongo will play for their team, magically, through one trade involving Carl Gunnarsson.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:35 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
The only people who overrate Luke "the human eraser" Schenn wear blue, have a collective learning disability and believe that all of Nash, Ryan and Luongo will play for their team, magically, through one trade involving Carl Gunnarsson.
You forgot Nazem "the greatest thing since #13" Kadri!

MattFromFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:36 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
I think it's a great time.

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Yandle
Ference-McQuaid
Hamilton

That's a blood flow inducing defense right there. Hamilton is out of juniors and learning as the #7. That experience will be invaluable for him.

Krejci for Yandle, straight up & down. Old school hockey trade. Works for both teams, helps both teams, money works out. That's what I'd like to see.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:40 PM
CanadianBruinsFan

Don't want him at that much money. He was the flavour of the year there a year or two ago but he's fallen off since. I also have the feeling Maloney's gonna ask for a ton. Maybe, maybe if it's just Krejci, 1 for 1, I'd be happy with it, but not likely.

EDIT: Why is everyone getting rid of Boychuk now? I think he brings enough to the table to warrant keeping around. And what is so awful about his contract?

CanadianBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:41 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
I think it's a great time.

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Yandle
Ference-McQuaid
Hamilton

That's a blood flow inducing defense right there. Hamilton is out of juniors and learning as the #7. That experience will be invaluable for him.

Krejci for Yandle, straight up & down. Old school hockey trade. Works for both teams, helps both teams, money works out. That's what I'd like to see.
I thought issue was goal scoring. He might help improve d scoring, but now you add a second pair d-man and lose a top 6 forward, without clearing any cap space. I'd look to free cap space to add another forward.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:45 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBruinsFan View Post
Don't want him at that much money. He was the flavour of the year there a year or two ago but he's fallen off since. I also have the feeling Maloney's gonna ask for a ton. Maybe, maybe if it's just Krejci, 1 for 1, I'd be happy with it, but not likely.
Hasn't missed a game in 3 years and more points from the blueline than any Bruin not named Chara with a career high that is more than Big Z's. "Fallen off" doesn't really apply.

Maloney may ask for a lot, but he likely knows he won't get it. A deal that gets him Krejci would be perfect for the Coyotes.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:50 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
I thought issue was goal scoring. He might help improve d scoring, but now you add a second pair d-man and lose a top 6 forward, without clearing any cap space. I'd look to free cap space to add another forward.
Moving Thomas frees the cap space, and since when is the problem goal-scoring? We scored the 2d most goals in the league last year.

Adding Yandle makes the defense and offense better. It makes the PP a lot better.