HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl/chi

Old
06-25-2012, 08:55 PM
mytor4*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by needle View Post
Hawks >>> Habs.

Close this thread down.
Agree.Maybe thats just a little why Sharp has outpointed Pleks?You think maybe?

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:17 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I fixed that little mistake for you. I find it interesting that you use the assumption that DD and Eller will fail in order to bolster your position, while ignoring the other side of the coin that Gionta and Sharp would be key components to Eller and DD achieving great success. Heck, even with Plekanec, what do you think happens should Eller and DD fail? Probably the same thing, if you want to be honest.

Keep in mind, I would be very happy keeping Plekanec. I do not feel it is necessary to trade him. However, if trading him gets us a 30+ goal scoring veteran winger who has won a championship, I am willing to consider it due to what we now have at center. I never suggested dumping Plekanec for scraps, I said it would be worthwhile using him to get a 30+ goal scoring winger.
Only way I trade Plekanec is for a younger 30 goal potential winger.

I don't assume Eller and DD would fail, I wonder what happens if they do fail. Especially since that gives the Habs so very little experience at center.

I ignored no flipside of any coin.

Your hypothetical about what happens if DD and Eller fail if Plekanec stays makes no sense. The reason they "could" fail is the lack of any veteran experience in the line up if they start to falter. If Plekanec is in the line up that doesn't really strike me as an issue.

It would indeed be worth it to trade Plekanec for a 30+ goal scoring winger, but it doesn't strike me as sound logic to trade him for a guy who is a year older and has played on one of, if not THE best offensive teams in the league in the last half decade.

Although with the laughably arrogant comments from Hawks fans in this thread I have to wonder if we're all wrong, and Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook and Hossa are simply benefiting from playing with Sharp.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote