HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Waiting for Terry's signature

Old
06-26-2012, 06:07 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
IMO

A legdrop from a 10ft ladder would be a dope signature move.
When I read Buffalo media sports op-eds it makes me feel like they're Yokozuna and they're doing his finishing move on my brain's face.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

I'd rather be a very competitive team every single season than be the Blue Jackets for 6 or more seasons, only to have a small window at the Cup.

If you're within range, and you enter the tourney with a rush of confidence, a hot goalie, and stay healthy well you got a serious shot at It.

Having said that this barely making the playoffs **** has to stop , same with missing them. And they need to be more competitive, last in the league in hits every year? WTF is this ****? Cup teams HIT.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:49 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
That's an unfair way to judge it. Injuries to Mogilny and LaFontaine are the biggest part in only 1 first round win being the result.
In the context of this thread and Schopp's comments about a signiture move, its a very fair way to judge it.

Schopp has this ill-informed notion that a big trade will somehow magically turn us into Cup champs. Those LaFontaine/Mogilny teams are one example of the folly of that thinking. You can certainly better your team and increase your chances at it. But there is hardly the level of certainty to it that he seems to think there is.

I'm well aware that injuries derailed those teams because they shattered my dreams back then . I've been the guy on here harping about how injury luck plays a role in Cup wins. Good luck with injuries means either your key players stay injury free or your opponents have injury issues. No one likes to talk about luck with injuries because its generally something that can't be controlled. It also diverts some blame from people posters want to attack for losing. Almost all Cup runs have benefited in some way from being lucky on the injury front.

Last edited by joshjull: 06-26-2012 at 09:04 AM.
joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote