HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

RJ Umberger

Old
06-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
RJ Umberger

What's his value at?

Is Columbus possibly looking to deal some salary off an older player and go in for a bigger youth build?

What exactly are the Blue Jackets biggest needs?

Anything Winnipeg could throw at you?

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Paul Postma for Umberger?

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

vCash: 500
Columbus probably won't be looking to trade Umberger for a defenseman. I'd love to get him on the Jets, but I can't think of a deal that makes sense.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:38 PM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
What's his value at?

Is Columbus possibly looking to deal some salary off an older player and go in for a bigger youth build?

What exactly are the Blue Jackets biggest needs?

Anything Winnipeg could throw at you?
Kadri and Connolly. Beat you to it leaf fans!

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Paul Postma annnnnnnnnd?

Old
06-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

CBJ need more forwards, so I dont think they trade one of they're better ones.

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Volica

Guy has a ton of upside.
Not sure what he's worth exactly, but he plays that type of hockey that every team wants.

I suspect since CBJ will be going full rebuild mode soon, Picks/prospects only.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jets
Resident Sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
Columbus probably won't be looking to trade Umberger for a defenseman. I'd love to get him on the Jets, but I can't think of a deal that makes sense.
Ya I dunno, but they are kinda short on RHD and they don't really have a PPQB type guy back there.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Ya I dunno, but they are kinda short on RHD and they don't really have a PPQB type guy back there.
Ya, I dunno JJ and Wisniewski are pretty decent.

Old
06-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravi83Oil View Post
CBJ need more forwards, so I dont think they trade one of they're better ones.
I don't doubt that, but I think with his contract and age, they could be looking to grab some younger forwards on cheaper contracts.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:02 PM
FlyersFan61290

I would love RJ back on the Flyers but I wouldn't want to subtract from the current roster to do it. If futures would get it done what would it cost in terms of picks and prospects?

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Quote:

Oh my dear holy G-d you cannot be serious. Are you serious? Are you seriously serious?

This can't be serious. This isn't serious. This is some sort of elaborate joke. We'd give up one of our only top-6 players, and take back Paul Postma - on a team with JMFJ, Wisniewski, Nikitin, Tyutin, Moore, Savard, and Murray - because we "need a PPQB."

As though none of those guys can run a power play. As though Postma is a PPQB himself!

No way that can be serious. No way. I don't think I've been more bewildered by a Jackets assessment since the guy who claimed that everyone we had other than JMFJ was "just prospects".

Unreal. Just unreal.

Do you also plan on offering Nik Antropov to Pittsburgh 'cause they need a scoring center?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Mason Raymond + Yann Sauve

for

RJ Umberger

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Now, setting aside our Moment of Zen there...

We can't really afford to give up Umberger any more than, say, y'all could give up Wheeler. We're very, very low on scoring forwards, and he's one of the better ones we have (and up 'till last season, was by far the most consistent). The "more forwards on cheaper contracts" player we're trying to move is Nash, not Umby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I would love RJ back on the Flyers but I wouldn't want to subtract from the current roster to do it. If futures would get it done what would it cost in terms of picks and prospects?
Futures will not get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Mason Raymond + Yann Sauve

for

RJ Umberger
You have a defense prospect in your proposal going to the CBJ. You automatically fail. We were stacked on blueline prospects even before we added Ryan Murray.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Now, setting aside our Moment of Zen there...

We can't really afford to give up Umberger any more than, say, y'all could give up Wheeler. We're very, very low on scoring forwards, and he's one of the better ones we have (and up 'till last season, was by far the most consistent). The "more forwards on cheaper contracts" player we're trying to move is Nash, not Umby.

Futures will not get it done.

You have a defense prospect in your proposal going to the CBJ. You automatically fail. We were stacked on blueline prospects even before we added Ryan Murray.
We could never give up Wheeler for Umberger for a variety of reasons, most notably because we aren't far enough into contender status to be able to trade up the age curve like that. Wheeler fits much better into our core group of players at this time. (I realize that you weren't actually proposing that deal but were just providing a comparable from our roster).

I'm a huge Umberger fan and would love to get him on the Jets, but it's really hard to envision a deal that makes sense for both sides.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
We could never give up Wheeler for Umberger for a variety of reasons, most notably because we aren't far enough into contender status to be able to trade up the age curve like that. Wheeler fits much better into our core group of players at this time. (I realize that you weren't actually proposing that deal but were just providing a comparable from our roster).
I was trying to provide a comparable more in depth, seeing as though IIRC the next guy you have after Wheeler is Kyle Wellwood. (Who, admittedly, did have a very nice year.)

We're not even that well off - especially on the right wing, where our depth (to repeat a phrase I've been using often this offseason) consists of Derek Dorsett, Cam Atkinson, Harvey the Rabbit, and the Invisible Man. The situation is marginally better on LW (we've at least got Umby and Prospal), and of course the Nash situation is kind of up in the air (he can play both, but historically has done better on LW). And this is of course assuming Brassard can continue to marginally improve and Johansen can prove himself a top-6 NHLer.

The CBJ is not your source for forwards of any kind, really.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:

I'm a huge Umberger fan and would love to get him on the Jets, but it's really hard to envision a deal that makes sense for both sides.
Add 20-30 points, and the ability to play in all facets of the game. It'll just cost this guy.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Add 20-30 points, and the ability to play in all facets of the game. It'll just cost this guy.

Let's not start trouble, okay?

Old
06-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Let's not start trouble, okay?

Postma is someone who needs room on the roster cleared for him, not someone who needs to be moved. Kulda too.

Current defensemen on the roster are Byfuglien, Enstrom, Hainsey, Bogosian, Stuart, Clitsome. The next two up are Kulda and Postma.

Now, Byfuglien and Hainsey have NTCs and probably aren't going anywhere. Bogosian, Stuart, and Clitsome would require more than most teams would be willing to give. That leaves Enstrom as the odd man out. If the team is convinced that Postma can step in and provide some offense, and that Enstrom is unlikely to re-sign, then they basically have no choice but to move him.

In addition, I believe that Kulda becomes waiver-eligible this year, and that Postma might. If that's the case, then they're looking at either carrying 8 defensemen or losing one of them.

So although it makes sense for Winnipeg to move a defenseman to make way for a forward, it doesn't necessarily make sense for Columbus. The current CBJ top-6 is Wisniewski, Tyutin, Jack Johnson, Methot, Nikitin, and one of Savard or Moore. Depending on exactly how free agency starts shaping up, I'm not opposed to adding Kulda (who's more of a shutdown type). I'm not even opposed to adding Postma. But I don't see the benefit in adding one of them at the expense of Umberger, particularly for a prospect whose NHL success is far from assured. Both are probably bottom-pairing guys at best, and Umberger is either a good third-liner or a decent second-liner.

In order to address the needs of both clubs, it would have to become a substantially larger deal, borderline unwieldy, and start involving names that neither team really wants to move.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
That's why you were 28th in the league in goals against this year.

Old
06-25-2012, 12:18 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
That's why you were 28th in the league in goals against this year.
Steve Mason isn't, has never been, and will never be an NHL defenseman (or d prospect for that matter).

and what do NHL prospects and prospect depth have to do with NHL stats? does the word prospect not insinuate that they aren't quite NHL level yet? does that not then render them insignificant when considering NHL stats?

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Blitzburgh87*

Kennedy tangradi and a 3rd?

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Kennedy tangradi and a 3rd?
Interesting...

Columbus picked up Darryl Boyce off waivers last year, so Kennedy would go well on a line of noseless wonders.

What's the story on Tangradi? He keeps showing these small flashes, but hasn't really broken through at any level yet. Is he just a late bloomer, did the Gillies hit seem to stunt his development, or is he just not a realistic NHL prospect at this point?

Old
06-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Interesting...

Columbus picked up Darryl Boyce off waivers last year, so Kennedy would go well on a line of noseless wonders.

What's the story on Tangradi? He keeps showing these small flashes, but hasn't really broken through at any level yet. Is he just a late bloomer, did the Gillies hit seem to stunt his development, or is he just not a realistic NHL prospect at this point?
He's definitely a plausible prospect. He's a power forward and those generally take alot longer to develop. I can't tell you of a player he could compare. Im saying he has 20 goal 45-50 point potential.if you want a defenseman we could throw in strait or bortuzzo?

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
Steve Mason isn't, has never been, and will never be an NHL defenseman (or d prospect for that matter).

and what do NHL prospects and prospect depth have to do with NHL stats? does the word prospect not insinuate that they aren't quite NHL level yet? does that not then render them insignificant when considering NHL stats?
Oh sure, blame the goalie, take the easy route

Columbus has problems and drafting a couple of kids doesn't mean it's going to change. It could, but the more prospects you have the better. Especially for a team that's always having problems like Columbus