HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part X: Bobby, we're better than Philly!

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Yes it does make sense but I'm not getting into it again, well just go in circles.
Staal goes we are left w girardi, mcdonagh on the first line. Mdz and who on the 2nd line? Who on the 3rd line since stralman likely won't be back. You assume erixon is ready I guess and there is absolutely no guarantee schultz comes, and sauer might not be ready. So a great D to a d with 2 studs and 5 question marks? Sweet

Old
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Patrick Sharp was the 2nd line center in 2009-10. Bolland was the 3rd line center. In the WCF against the Sharks,Bolland was the best player in the series.

Quote:
The Hawks won the Stanley Cup with Sharp as their second-line center, and it’s his ability to play multiple positions that makes him so valuable. But coach Joel Quenneville hasn’t used Sharp at center at all this season, even while testing a multitude of line combinations during the Hawks’ losing streak.
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hocke...at-center.html

Quote:
Bolland feels Thornton's slash was an obvious sign of frustration from the big centerman. And, you know what, it wouldn't be all that surprising if Thornton is simply just fed up with Bolland by now.

Chicago's pesky checking-line center has been Thornton's biggest nightmare through two games. Thornton didn't talk about Bolland specifically after Game 2, but he's got to have some hatred for him by now.

"If there is always a guy on you and picking at your stick and taking the puck from you, everybody gets mad, right?" Bolland said. "Nobody likes a guy doing that."
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=529591

Chicago swept the Sharks. Bolland fed Thornton his lunch.

Bolland was terrific for the Hawks in 2010 playoffs

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelo...0/dave-bolland

8 goals and 16 points. Drove Thornton crazy.

Old
bernmeister

Quote:
Quote:
And their are multiple ways to add a goal scorer without removing an integral part of the team.
The floor is open.
What active constructive solution do we have besides trade, for which you have to give to get?
Sure you can develop, but that takes time. You can get lucky. But you can't plan on that.
What initiative can we take to prudently get a sniper now, and who do you add at what price?

Quote:
I don't know exactly what your point is try to say we are trading Stepan to where because Sather already flat out said he's untouchable.
I like slats, unlike Torts, (I remember when he played and he was called Slats). However, there is untouchable and then there's really untouchable.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:56 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Patrick Sharp was the 2nd line center in 2009-10. Bolland was the 3rd line center. In the WCF against the Sharks,Bolland was the best player in the series.

But also, Sharp is good enough to be 1c on a lot of clubs.
I wonder what Hawks want for him?

Old
06-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Staal goes we are left w girardi, mcdonagh on the first line. Mdz and who on the 2nd line? Who on the 3rd line since stralman likely won't be back. You assume erixon is ready I guess and there is absolutely no guarantee schultz comes, and sauer might not be ready. So a great D to a d with 2 studs and 5 question marks? Sweet
but I'm done arguing this I made my point.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
But also, Sharp is good enough to be 1c on a lot of clubs.
I wonder what Hawks want for him?
A lot lol

Old
06-25-2012, 06:58 PM
UAGoalieGuy

I think if Schultz signs with the Rangers, it opens the door to trading MDZ for help up front and Erixon can slot into his natural left side on the third pairing. Sign a solid stay at home dman to play on the right side w Erixon to play on the third pairing.

McD - Girardi
Staal - Schultz
Erixon - UFA Vet

Old
06-25-2012, 06:59 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieCallyGabby View Post
It just irks me that EVERY club, big and small in this league covets 3/4 of our D (including our prospects and if we get this Shultz kid, whoa) If we can somehow acquire a sufficient RD, we are in a serious position of power....No?

Understandably so. Staal, McDonagh and Girardi are top pairing D-men. MDZ is a 2nd pairing guy. None of these guys are going anywhere any time soon. Healthy Sauer would give us another 2nd pairing guy.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Mueller is one of those players that the Rangers have long been interested in. I'm fairly certain that Edge said the Rangers were looking to move up in the 2006 to get him. And, RB brought up the Brooks article about the offer Sather made for him before Maloney dealt him to the Avs. And, Bobbop, has mentioned before that the Rangers had inquired about him when he was in Phoenix. I expect them to jump on him. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the first piece of business the Rangers get done on July 1. Plus, he's only 24. He'd fit in well with this group.
Yep. A piece we can add to the core if he works out, or cut ties with pretty easily if he doesn't. I hope all the connections end up coming to fruition. Hell, I hope Slats trades for his rights, lol.

Quote:
I think if I remember reading correctly he avs were going to offer him 1 year, 2.5 but I'm not sure if that's correct.
I haven't seen anything, but that would have been his qualifying offer, so I would think it would have been less than that.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:00 PM
mahonistan*

Rangers get : Steve Ott, Michael Ryder, Stephane Robidas

Stars get: Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon, and a 2nd.

Why this makes sense: Ryder has 1 year left on his deal and Dallas might want to get a younger guy with a few more years like Anisimov and a 2nd in return. Throw in Erixon and everyone gets what they want. The stars get a bunch of young guys and the Rangers fill in all of their needs plus the holes they create in the trade and we get the big right handed point shot from one tough SOB in Robidas.

Kreider-Richards-Ryder
Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Smyth/Whitney-Ott-Callahan
Rupp-Boyle-Konopka

McD-Girardi
Staal-Robidas
MDZ-Straalman(Sauer)

We will win next year with that roster.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:00 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yep. I'd be faxing over a 1 year $2M offer to his agent on July 1st. He would slot perfectly on a line with Kreider and Stepan. I just hope this isn't the Avs failing to qualify him so they can sign him to a 1 year deal at a lower cost. Similar to what St. Louis did with Stewart.
Kudos, Trxjw. Good call on Mueller.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I think if Schultz signs with the Rangers, it opens the door to trading MDZ for help up front and Erixon can slot into his natural left side on the third pairing. Sign a solid stay at home dman to play on the right side w Erixon to play on the third pairing.

McD - Girardi
Staal - Schultz
Erixon - UFA Vet
This I could see happening and while he might not bring back a Nash or Ryan since neither team needs him, he's got a ton of value

Old
06-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post

Why this makes sense: Ryder has 1 year left on his deal and Dallas might want to get a younger guy with a few more years like Anisimov and a 2nd in return. Throw in Erixon and everyone gets what they want. The stars get a bunch of young guys and the Rangers fill in all of their needs plus the holes they create in the trade and we get the big right handed point shot from one tough SOB in Robidas.

Kreider-Richards-Ryder
Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Rupp-Boyle-Konopka

McD-Girardi
Staal-Robidas
MDZ-Straalman(Sauer)

ryder + ott? Wonder what it would cost us?

Old
06-25-2012, 07:09 PM
bernmeister

Not a lot of feedback, but when asked what did you want for Tanner Pearson, a poster on the kings board said JT Miller + our 2013 1st was ok.

If that is indicative of most, they went with best value on board, not out of need and therefore would not be reluctant to move at any price, if same were profitable enough.

JT Miller is likely to be a complete player. He is not that far off. Pearson might be able to get here even sooner. There is risk, but he could also be the better scorer.

I assume we want to counter-propose another offer. Christian Thomas + will NOT get it done.

Does anyone else think there is a reasonable number to pay for Pearson, if he were made available for a profit to Kings, and what is that reasonable number for us?

Old
06-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Petemo

Quote:

Kreider-Richards-Ryder
Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Rupp-Boyle-Konopka

McD-Girardi
Staal-Robidas
MDZ-Straalman(Sauer)

Wow, no.

1. Konopka playing the wing? If he's on the ice he's taking faceoffs.
2. Robidas is 35, don't know why a 2nd would go the other way.
3. Ryder doesn't make sense on a team like this.
4. I'm still baffled by the 2nd going the other way, along with so much youth.

Why are people trying to make a change for the sake of making a change...?

Old
06-25-2012, 07:12 PM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:

Kreider-Richards-Ryder
Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Rupp-Boyle-Konopka

McD-Girardi
Staal-Robidas
MDZ-Straalman(Sauer)

I like this scenario.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post

McD - Girardi
Staal - Schultz
Erixon - UFA Vet
I agree if Schultz signs they trade DZ for a top LW............also Sauer seems to be coming along and Stralman may still be back.

The Rangers should already know if Schultz is signed before July 1st. I imagine he gives the team a heads up so they can carry on with other UFAs

so if we see DZ traded before July 1st I would bank on Schultz agreeing to a deal with NY

Old
06-25-2012, 07:18 PM
DanrickBrassardi

Quote:
Not a lot of feedback, but when asked what did you want for Tanner Pearson, a poster on the kings board said JT Miller + our 2013 1st was ok.

If that is indicative of most, they went with best value on board, not out of need and therefore would not be reluctant to move at any price, if same were profitable enough.

JT Miller is likely to be a complete player. He is not that far off. Pearson might be able to get here even sooner. There is risk, but he could also be the better scorer.

I assume we want to counter-propose another offer. Christian Thomas + will NOT get it done.

Does anyone else think there is a reasonable number to pay for Pearson, if he were made available for a profit to Kings, and what is that reasonable number for us?
if the rangers wanted him enough to give up JT Miller, they would've taken him with the 1st round pick this year.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Forever Blue

Quote:
Besides the torts system, which overworked this team which could not put away a series quickly, we excel in the regular season w/OT and points from shootout. Doesn't happen in the real world of the playoffs.
We excelled winning games in regulation, doing so more than any other team in the league.

Tortorella's system helped this team to overachieve and go farther than anyone expected.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Forever Blue

Quote:

Why would we trade a guy we picked #15 last year, plus a first round pick in a supposedly strong draft, for a player we didn't think was good enough to pick at #28 in what many consider a weak draft?

And more importantly, why would the Kings trade Pearson just a couple of days after they drafted him for any reason other than getting a fairly substantial overpay?

Old
06-25-2012, 07:26 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Bolland was terrific for the Hawks in 2010 playoffs

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelo...0/dave-bolland

8 goals and 16 points. Drove Thornton crazy.
Bolland played more than Sharp at ES in the playoffs. Sharp moved back and forward from C to W. He's better as a wing.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:29 PM
RichieCallyGabby

The more we speak about trading with Anaheim/Chicago/CBJ, the more I realize that ANY deal must include Step. This is just not going to happen, if we lose this kid, we will be eating it for a long, long time..

Old
06-25-2012, 07:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Why would we trade a guy we picked #15 last year, plus a first round pick in a supposedly strong draft, for a player we didn't think was good enough to pick at #28 in what many consider a weak draft?

And more importantly, why would the Kings trade Pearson just a couple of days after they drafted him for any reason other than getting a fairly substantial overpay?
I'd love to know the answers to these questions and many more. lol

Old
06-25-2012, 07:33 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemo View Post
Wow, no.

1. Konopka playing the wing? If he's on the ice he's taking faceoffs.
2. Robidas is 35, don't know why a 2nd would go the other way.
3. Ryder doesn't make sense on a team like this.
4. I'm still baffled by the 2nd going the other way, along with so much youth.

Why are people trying to make a change for the sake of making a change...?
I'm all for trading those 2 if it fills all of our holes. Ott and Ryder could play 5 more years and Robidas provides a huge right handed shot and stays for 2-3. The cap space pretty much evens out. It's not trading all of our youth for 1 guy. It's trading 2 and a prospect for 3 guys who can stick around for awhile and help out and actually add another dimension to the team. Then when miller, Thomas, and mcillrath, are ready boom. Maybe take out the 2nd and add a 4. This is a great deal for both sides.
Ryder is a pure goal scorer an makes a hell of a lot better deal for the rangers than Ryan or Nash.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
I'm all for trading those 2 if it fills all of our holes. Ott and Ryder could play 5 more years and Robidas provides a huge right handed shot and stays for 2-3. The cap space pretty much evens out. It's not trading all of our youth for 1 guy. It's trading 2 and a prospect for 3 guys who can stick around for awhile and help out and actually add another dimension to the team. Then when miller, Thomas, and mcillrath, are ready boom. Maybe take out the 2nd and add a 4. This is a great deal for both sides.
Ryder is a pure goal scorer an makes a hell of a lot better deal for the rangers than Ryan or Nash.
wouldn't say he's a pure goal scorer, he's either really good or average but I do like the idea.

Closed Thread