HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part X: Bobby, we're better than Philly!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2012, 07:50 PM
  #526
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,149
vCash: 500
bernmeister is back....more outrageous proposals....(shaking my head)

RGY is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
  #527
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Not a lot of feedback, but when asked what did you want for Tanner Pearson, a poster on the kings board said JT Miller + our 2013 1st was ok.

If that is indicative of most, they went with best value on board, not out of need and therefore would not be reluctant to move at any price, if same were profitable enough.

JT Miller is likely to be a complete player. He is not that far off. Pearson might be able to get here even sooner. There is risk, but he could also be the better scorer.

I assume we want to counter-propose another offer. Christian Thomas + will NOT get it done.

Does anyone else think there is a reasonable number to pay for Pearson, if he were made available for a profit to Kings, and what is that reasonable number for us?
why didn't we just draft him than?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
  #528
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
Rangers get : Steve Ott, Michael Ryder, Stephane Robidas

Stars get: Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon, and a 2nd.

Why this makes sense: Ryder has 1 year left on his deal and Dallas might want to get a younger guy with a few more years like Anisimov and a 2nd in return. Throw in Erixon and everyone gets what they want. The stars get a bunch of young guys and the Rangers fill in all of their needs plus the holes they create in the trade and we get the big right handed point shot from one tough SOB in Robidas.


Kreider-Richards-Ryder
Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Smyth/Whitney-Ott-Callahan
Rupp-Boyle-Konopka

McD-Girardi
Staal-Robidas
MDZ-Straalman(Sauer)

We will win next year with that roster.
Are you going to stop posting this any time soon?

Rangers Fail is online now  
Old
06-25-2012, 07:55 PM
  #529
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Are you going to stop posting this any time soon?
What's the difference between this and seeing the same Nash and Ryan trades over and over again. Then argue. Then post it again. There isn't one. I'm adding something new to the convo instead of the ones that we've literally beaten every straw out of.

mahonistan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 07:57 PM
  #530
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
What's the difference between this and seeing the same Nash and Ryan trades over and over again. Then argue. Then post it again. There isn't one. I'm adding something new to the convo instead of the ones that we've literally beaten every straw out of.
You've posted the same proposal 4-5 times already.

Rangers Fail is online now  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:09 PM
  #531
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
What's the difference between this and seeing the same Nash and Ryan trades over and over again. Then argue. Then post it again. There isn't one. I'm adding something new to the convo instead of the ones that we've literally beaten every straw out of.
Well the difference is that we're trading 2 young roster players and a 20 year old defenseman with great potential for a 32 year old 3rd liner, a 35 year old vet d-man (when one can be acquired in free agency), and a 32 year old Ryder who is not terrible, but inconsistent. At least if you give up that package for Rick Nash you get a legitimate power forward in his prime who has put up really good numbers on an awful team.

Stugots is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:13 PM
  #532
rangerfan_79
Registered User
 
rangerfan_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
You've posted the same proposal 4-5 times already.
Well it's not a legit package until it's been posted 10x on hfboards.

Post it agin. Think I will like it more.

rangerfan_79 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:13 PM
  #533
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,149
vCash: 500
These trade proposals are laughable. Have to agree with two posters above, the dallas deal is awful. You can get a veteran through FA without giving up your youth. i think some of you forget THIS NYR team is an attractive one for free agents. Great infrastructure and chemistry to walk into and be a part of.

RGY is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
  #534
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
These trade proposals are laughable. Have to agree with two posters above, the dallas deal is awful. You can get a veteran through FA without giving up your youth. i think some of you forget THIS NYR team is an attractive one for free agents. Great infrastructure and chemistry to walk into and be a part of.
true players should want to come to NY and be the missing pieces................unfortunately this UFA list stinks

Some depth players will be ok though. BTW 4th line C is rough. Gaustad could be 3rd line
Scott Nichol a descent faceoff man? he'd come cheap


Arnott, Jason
Gaustad, Paul
Reinprecht, Steven
McClement, Jay
Mitchell, Torrey
Morrison, Brendan
Burish, Adam
Moore, Dominic
Halpern, Jeff
Dowell, Jake
Petersen, Toby
Carter, Ryan
Winchester, Jesse
Konopka, Zenon
Nichol, Scott


Last edited by Vitto79: 06-25-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Vitto79 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:25 PM
  #535
hockeytom17
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Rethinking it I believe this would be a very strong lineup and very realistic

Ryan, Richards, gabbi
Kreider, stepan, hudler
Haglin, ott, calli
Boyle, konopka, rupp

Girardi, staal
McD, Schultz
Erixon, sauer/mdz/bell

The dmen looks young and is but there is a lot of talent there.
I also didn't know hudler wasnt being resigned by the red wings and never considered ott before today.
What do you guys think of this lineup.

hockeytom17 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:27 PM
  #536
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,266
vCash: 500
I know this will sound simplistic and boring to some, but I often wonder about something in looking over these discussions.

Why is that people seem to assume that our players can't improve their own scoring?

We're talking about adding a player in Nash or Ryan who we want to add 30 or so goals. OK.

Let's assume the following:

The season starts on time and Dubi comes back and equals his out put from 10-11. I think he'll do much better than that but that's 24 goals. +14

Anisimov cracks 20 for the first time with 21. +5.

Stepan steps up with 25. +8.

Hags plays a full season and nets 20. +6.

Kreider has a successful rookie season. +20.

That's a total of 53 goals. Crazy? I don't think so but OK, let's knock it back some to 45. Nash has never scored 45. Ditto Ryan.

It's not sexy but your not creating holes or messing with core, chemistry or huge cap hits. I don't pretend to have a crystal ball or be any kind of expert. Just an observation on my part.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:29 PM
  #537
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
why didn't we just draft him than?
It's called logic....and poor spelling, but why go there. With the logic I mean.

Pizza is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:31 PM
  #538
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I know this will sound simplistic and boring to some, but I often wonder about something in looking over these discussions.

Why is that people seem to assume that our players can't improve their own scoring?

We're talking about adding a player in Nash or Ryan who we want to add 30 or so goals. OK.

Let's assume the following:

The season starts on time and Dubi comes back and equals his out put from 10-11. I think he'll do much better than that but that's 24 goals. +14

Anisimov cracks 20 for the first time with 21. +5.

Stepan steps up with 25. +8.

Hags plays a full season and nets 20. +6.

Kreider has a successful rookie season. +20.

That's a total of 53 goals. Crazy? I don't think so but OK, let's knock it back some to 45. Nash has never scored 45. Ditto Ryan.

It's not sexy but your not creating holes or messing with core, chemistry or huge cap hits. I don't pretend to have a crystal ball or be any kind of expert. Just an observation on my part.
Sorry but you are asking for a lot there

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:32 PM
  #539
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
true players should want to come to NY and be the missing pieces................unfortunately this UFA list stinks

Some depth players will be ok though
Riiiight because bribing guys with truckloads of money, which invariably coerced them into 'wanting to come to NY', worked out tremendously for years.

Free agency is an effective tool and I don't mean to diminish it entirely, but making tough trades is almost a right of passage for cup teams. Bourque didn't want to go to Colorado, he wanted to go to Philly. Blake wanted to stay in Los Angeles, but with his impending UFA on the horizon LA made a move. Seemed to work out there without the fairy tale story of longing. An added lesson is that Colorado paid handsomely with youth and picks for those essential trades.

These trades suck. So I appreciate the patience, but the death grip on each and every draft pick is annoyingly unrealistic. Just like the delusion of LA fans with Pearson, the overvaluing.

But yes, depth additions because this is a top team that gassed out. A few timely goals and a minute eater on the blue line and we're finals material easily.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:32 PM
  #540
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytom17 View Post
Rethinking it I believe this would be a very strong lineup and very realistic

Ryan, Richards, gabby
Kreider, stepan, hudler
Hagelin, ott, cally
Boyle, konopka, rupp

Girardi, staal
McD, Schultz
Erixon, sauer

The dmen looks young and is but there is a lot of talent there.
I also didn't know hudler wasnt being resigned by the red wings and never considered ott before today.
What do you guys think of this lineup.
Yea it is Realistic assuming something like:
Dubi for Ott
Anisimov,Del Zotto, plus prospects , pick for Ryan
I honestly dont think they bother with Hudler. Pick another descent RW. Cally 2nd line
Konopka could be a cheap 4th line signing

may be a good idea to get 2 Cs and move Boyle to the 4th line wing.


Last edited by Vitto79: 06-25-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Vitto79 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:36 PM
  #541
bmw2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 500
By reading all this I forgot who is currently in our roster.

bmw2004 is online now  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:37 PM
  #542
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I know this will sound simplistic and boring to some, but I often wonder about something in looking over these discussions.

Why is that people seem to assume that our players can't improve their own scoring?

We're talking about adding a player in Nash or Ryan who we want to add 30 or so goals. OK.

Let's assume the following:

The season starts on time and Dubi comes back and equals his out put from 10-11. I think he'll do much better than that but that's 24 goals. +14

Anisimov cracks 20 for the first time with 21. +5.

Stepan steps up with 25. +8.

Hags plays a full season and nets 20. +6.

Kreider has a successful rookie season. +20.

That's a total of 53 goals. Crazy? I don't think so but OK, let's knock it back some to 45. Nash has never scored 45. Ditto Ryan.

It's not sexy but your not creating holes or messing with core, chemistry or huge cap hits. I don't pretend to have a crystal ball or be any kind of expert. Just an observation on my part.
On the other hand, let's make believe they all eat Dubi snacks all summer and don't break 10... eh, that would suck, but has as much credibility/possibility.

Jackpot is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:38 PM
  #543
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,991
vCash: 500
What is the fascination with Ott all of a sudden? You don't trade young assets for overrated 3rd line pests who can win faceoffs.

Sign Schultz. Sign Mueller. See if you can sign Latendress if he hits free agency. Invite a veteran RHD to camp to see if they can win a spot and how guys like McIlrath and Erixon stack up against them.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:39 PM
  #544
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Riiiight because bribing guys with truckloads of money, which invariably coerced them into 'wanting to come to NY', worked out tremendously for years.

Free agency is an effective tool and I don't mean to diminish it entirely, but making tough trades is almost a right of passage for cup teams. Bourque didn't want to go to Colorado, he wanted to go to Philly. Blake wanted to stay in Los Angeles, but with his impending UFA on the horizon LA made a move. Seemed to work out there without the fairy tale story of longing. An added lesson is that Colorado paid handsomely with youth and picks for those essential trades.

These trades suck. So I appreciate the patience, but the death grip on each and every draft pick is annoyingly unrealistic. Just like the delusion of LA fans with Pearson, the overvaluing.

But yes, depth additions because this is a top team that gassed out. A few timely goals and a minute eater on the blue line and we're finals material easily.
all I said was depth players via Free Agency is fine, lol..............sure they may have to make a deal for a guy like Ryan to get to that next level.

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:40 PM
  #545
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 6,100
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I know this will sound simplistic and boring to some, but I often wonder about something in looking over these discussions.

Why is that people seem to assume that our players can't improve their own scoring?

We're talking about adding a player in Nash or Ryan who we want to add 30 or so goals. OK.

Let's assume the following:

The season starts on time and Dubi comes back and equals his out put from 10-11. I think he'll do much better than that but that's 24 goals. +14

Anisimov cracks 20 for the first time with 21. +5.

Stepan steps up with 25. +8.

Hags plays a full season and nets 20. +6.

Kreider has a successful rookie season. +20.

That's a total of 53 goals. Crazy? I don't think so but OK, let's knock it back some to 45. Nash has never scored 45. Ditto Ryan.

It's not sexy but your not creating holes or messing with core, chemistry or huge cap hits. I don't pretend to have a crystal ball or be any kind of expert. Just an observation on my part.
Who's to say Gaborik will score more than 30? Callahan and Richards 20?

It's just as possible for other players to regress.

Net Front Presence is online now  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:41 PM
  #546
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
Dubi is a better player that Ott. I know he had an off year, but no way would I trade him for Ott. People just want to make moves for the sake of making moves. Unless we trade for Nash, I doubt Dubi even gets traded.

XLJ is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:41 PM
  #547
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What is the fascination with Ott all of a sudden? You don't trade young assets for overrated 3rd line pests who can win faceoffs.

Sign Schultz. Sign Mueller. See if you can sign Latendress if he hits free agency. Invite a veteran RHD to camp to see if they can win a spot and how guys like McIlrath and Erixon stack up against them.
Where is the fun in that, when you can concoct trades that can overflow this thread in such a wildly, imaginative manner?

jas is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:42 PM
  #548
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 6,100
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
Rangers get : Steve Ott, Michael Ryder, Stephane Robidas

Stars get: Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon, and a 2nd.

Why this makes sense: Ryder has 1 year left on his deal and Dallas might want to get a younger guy with a few more years like Anisimov and a 2nd in return. Throw in Erixon and everyone gets what they want. The stars get a bunch of young guys and the Rangers fill in all of their needs plus the holes they create in the trade and we get the big right handed point shot from one tough SOB in Robidas.


Kreider-Richards-Ryder
Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Smyth/Whitney-Ott-Callahan
Rupp-Boyle-Konopka

McD-Girardi
Staal-Robidas
MDZ-Straalman(Sauer)

We will win next year with that roster.
A big no from me. We get older and overpay in that trade.

Net Front Presence is online now  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:44 PM
  #549
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Where is the fun in that, when you can concoct trades that can overflow this thread in such a wildly, imaginative manner?
I dunno what's more ridiculous; The absurdly over-the-top proposals, or the fact that 90% of them make the team worse than they are now.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:44 PM
  #550
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,793
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Sorry but you are asking for a lot there
That's the thing--that particular scenario requires a number of players to improve to certain levels they may or may not reach. With a player like Nash or Ryan, you know they've done it numerous times before. Add one of those guys with the expectation that some players already on the roster will have better years while some will either stay the same or regress/get injured/get traded. To be fair I think most of Pizza's projections were fairly reasonable except for Hagelin hitting 20 goals. I don't know if he has that type of skill.

And I wouldn't trade assets for Ott either. One of the positives with the Rangers' situation is that some of the weaknesses (faceoff prowess and the bottom defense pair) are rather inexpensive to address. You usually don't have to pay a lot to sign a free agent faceoff specialist or a stay-at-home defender.

NYR94 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.