HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part X: Bobby, we're better than Philly!

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 07:50 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
bernmeister is back....more outrageous proposals....(shaking my head)

Old
06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Not a lot of feedback, but when asked what did you want for Tanner Pearson, a poster on the kings board said JT Miller + our 2013 1st was ok.

If that is indicative of most, they went with best value on board, not out of need and therefore would not be reluctant to move at any price, if same were profitable enough.

JT Miller is likely to be a complete player. He is not that far off. Pearson might be able to get here even sooner. There is risk, but he could also be the better scorer.

I assume we want to counter-propose another offer. Christian Thomas + will NOT get it done.

Does anyone else think there is a reasonable number to pay for Pearson, if he were made available for a profit to Kings, and what is that reasonable number for us?
why didn't we just draft him than?

Old
06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
Rangers get : Steve Ott, Michael Ryder, Stephane Robidas

Stars get: Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon, and a 2nd.

Why this makes sense: Ryder has 1 year left on his deal and Dallas might want to get a younger guy with a few more years like Anisimov and a 2nd in return. Throw in Erixon and everyone gets what they want. The stars get a bunch of young guys and the Rangers fill in all of their needs plus the holes they create in the trade and we get the big right handed point shot from one tough SOB in Robidas.

Kreider-Richards-Ryder
Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Smyth/Whitney-Ott-Callahan
Rupp-Boyle-Konopka

McD-Girardi
Staal-Robidas
MDZ-Straalman(Sauer)

We will win next year with that roster.
Are you going to stop posting this any time soon?

Old
06-25-2012, 07:55 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Are you going to stop posting this any time soon?
What's the difference between this and seeing the same Nash and Ryan trades over and over again. Then argue. Then post it again. There isn't one. I'm adding something new to the convo instead of the ones that we've literally beaten every straw out of.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
What's the difference between this and seeing the same Nash and Ryan trades over and over again. Then argue. Then post it again. There isn't one. I'm adding something new to the convo instead of the ones that we've literally beaten every straw out of.
You've posted the same proposal 4-5 times already.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Well the difference is that we're trading 2 young roster players and a 20 year old defenseman with great potential for a 32 year old 3rd liner, a 35 year old vet d-man (when one can be acquired in free agency), and a 32 year old Ryder who is not terrible, but inconsistent. At least if you give up that package for Rick Nash you get a legitimate power forward in his prime who has put up really good numbers on an awful team.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:13 PM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
You've posted the same proposal 4-5 times already.
Well it's not a legit package until it's been posted 10x on hfboards.

Post it agin. Think I will like it more.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:13 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

These trade proposals are laughable. Have to agree with two posters above, the dallas deal is awful. You can get a veteran through FA without giving up your youth. i think some of you forget THIS NYR team is an attractive one for free agents. Great infrastructure and chemistry to walk into and be a part of.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
These trade proposals are laughable. Have to agree with two posters above, the dallas deal is awful. You can get a veteran through FA without giving up your youth. i think some of you forget THIS NYR team is an attractive one for free agents. Great infrastructure and chemistry to walk into and be a part of.
true players should want to come to NY and be the missing pieces................unfortunately this UFA list stinks

Some depth players will be ok though. BTW 4th line C is rough. Gaustad could be 3rd line
Scott Nichol a descent faceoff man? he'd come cheap

Arnott, Jason
Gaustad, Paul
Reinprecht, Steven
McClement, Jay
Mitchell, Torrey
Morrison, Brendan
Burish, Adam
Moore, Dominic
Halpern, Jeff
Dowell, Jake
Petersen, Toby
Carter, Ryan
Winchester, Jesse
Konopka, Zenon
Nichol, Scott

Last edited by Vitto79: 06-25-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old
06-25-2012, 08:25 PM
hockeytom17
Rookie User

Rethinking it I believe this would be a very strong lineup and very realistic

Ryan, Richards, gabbi
Kreider, stepan, hudler
Haglin, ott, calli
Boyle, konopka, rupp

Girardi, staal
McD, Schultz
Erixon, sauer/mdz/bell

The dmen looks young and is but there is a lot of talent there.
I also didn't know hudler wasnt being resigned by the red wings and never considered ott before today.
What do you guys think of this lineup.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Pizza

I know this will sound simplistic and boring to some, but I often wonder about something in looking over these discussions.

Why is that people seem to assume that our players can't improve their own scoring?

We're talking about adding a player in Nash or Ryan who we want to add 30 or so goals. OK.

Let's assume the following:

The season starts on time and Dubi comes back and equals his out put from 10-11. I think he'll do much better than that but that's 24 goals. +14

Anisimov cracks 20 for the first time with 21. +5.

Stepan steps up with 25. +8.

Hags plays a full season and nets 20. +6.

Kreider has a successful rookie season. +20.

That's a total of 53 goals. Crazy? I don't think so but OK, let's knock it back some to 45. Nash has never scored 45. Ditto Ryan.

It's not sexy but your not creating holes or messing with core, chemistry or huge cap hits. I don't pretend to have a crystal ball or be any kind of expert. Just an observation on my part.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
why didn't we just draft him than?
It's called logic....and poor spelling, but why go there. With the logic I mean.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I know this will sound simplistic and boring to some, but I often wonder about something in looking over these discussions.

Why is that people seem to assume that our players can't improve their own scoring?

We're talking about adding a player in Nash or Ryan who we want to add 30 or so goals. OK.

The season starts on time and Dubi comes back and equals his out put from 10-11. I think he'll do much better than that but that's 24 goals. +14

That's a total of 53 goals. Crazy? I don't think so but OK, let's knock it back some to 45. Nash has never scored 45. Ditto Ryan.

It's not sexy but your not creating holes or messing with core, chemistry or huge cap hits. I don't pretend to have a crystal ball or be any kind of expert. Just an observation on my part.
Sorry but you are asking for a lot there

Old
06-25-2012, 08:32 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
true players should want to come to NY and be the missing pieces................unfortunately this UFA list stinks

Some depth players will be ok though
Riiiight because bribing guys with truckloads of money, which invariably coerced them into 'wanting to come to NY', worked out tremendously for years.

Free agency is an effective tool and I don't mean to diminish it entirely, but making tough trades is almost a right of passage for cup teams. Bourque didn't want to go to Colorado, he wanted to go to Philly. Blake wanted to stay in Los Angeles, but with his impending UFA on the horizon LA made a move. Seemed to work out there without the fairy tale story of longing. An added lesson is that Colorado paid handsomely with youth and picks for those essential trades.

These trades suck. So I appreciate the patience, but the death grip on each and every draft pick is annoyingly unrealistic. Just like the delusion of LA fans with Pearson, the overvaluing.

But yes, depth additions because this is a top team that gassed out. A few timely goals and a minute eater on the blue line and we're finals material easily.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytom17 View Post
Rethinking it I believe this would be a very strong lineup and very realistic

Ryan, Richards, gabby
Kreider, stepan, hudler
Hagelin, ott, cally
Boyle, konopka, rupp

Girardi, staal
McD, Schultz
Erixon, sauer

The dmen looks young and is but there is a lot of talent there.
I also didn't know hudler wasnt being resigned by the red wings and never considered ott before today.
What do you guys think of this lineup.
Yea it is Realistic assuming something like:
Dubi for Ott
Anisimov,Del Zotto, plus prospects , pick for Ryan
I honestly dont think they bother with Hudler. Pick another descent RW. Cally 2nd line
Konopka could be a cheap 4th line signing

may be a good idea to get 2 Cs and move Boyle to the 4th line wing.

Last edited by Vitto79: 06-25-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old
06-25-2012, 08:36 PM
bmw2004

By reading all this I forgot who is currently in our roster.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:

On the other hand, let's make believe they all eat Dubi snacks all summer and don't break 10... eh, that would suck, but has as much credibility/possibility.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

What is the fascination with Ott all of a sudden? You don't trade young assets for overrated 3rd line pests who can win faceoffs.

Sign Schultz. Sign Mueller. See if you can sign Latendress if he hits free agency. Invite a veteran RHD to camp to see if they can win a spot and how guys like McIlrath and Erixon stack up against them.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Riiiight because bribing guys with truckloads of money, which invariably coerced them into 'wanting to come to NY', worked out tremendously for years.

Free agency is an effective tool and I don't mean to diminish it entirely, but making tough trades is almost a right of passage for cup teams. Bourque didn't want to go to Colorado, he wanted to go to Philly. Blake wanted to stay in Los Angeles, but with his impending UFA on the horizon LA made a move. Seemed to work out there without the fairy tale story of longing. An added lesson is that Colorado paid handsomely with youth and picks for those essential trades.

These trades suck. So I appreciate the patience, but the death grip on each and every draft pick is annoyingly unrealistic. Just like the delusion of LA fans with Pearson, the overvaluing.

But yes, depth additions because this is a top team that gassed out. A few timely goals and a minute eater on the blue line and we're finals material easily.
all I said was depth players via Free Agency is fine, lol..............sure they may have to make a deal for a guy like Ryan to get to that next level.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 50
Quote:

Who's to say Gaborik will score more than 30? Callahan and Richards 20?

It's just as possible for other players to regress.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:41 PM
XLJ

Dubi is a better player that Ott. I know he had an off year, but no way would I trade him for Ott. People just want to make moves for the sake of making moves. Unless we trade for Nash, I doubt Dubi even gets traded.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:41 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What is the fascination with Ott all of a sudden? You don't trade young assets for overrated 3rd line pests who can win faceoffs.

Sign Schultz. Sign Mueller. See if you can sign Latendress if he hits free agency. Invite a veteran RHD to camp to see if they can win a spot and how guys like McIlrath and Erixon stack up against them.
Where is the fun in that, when you can concoct trades that can overflow this thread in such a wildly, imaginative manner?

Old
06-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Rangers get : Steve Ott, Michael Ryder, Stephane Robidas

Stars get: Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon, and a 2nd.

Why this makes sense: Ryder has 1 year left on his deal and Dallas might want to get a younger guy with a few more years like Anisimov and a 2nd in return. Throw in Erixon and everyone gets what they want. The stars get a bunch of young guys and the Rangers fill in all of their needs plus the holes they create in the trade and we get the big right handed point shot from one tough SOB in Robidas.

Kreider-Richards-Ryder
Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Smyth/Whitney-Ott-Callahan
Rupp-Boyle-Konopka

McD-Girardi
Staal-Robidas
MDZ-Straalman(Sauer)

We will win next year with that roster.
A big no from me. We get older and overpay in that trade.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Where is the fun in that, when you can concoct trades that can overflow this thread in such a wildly, imaginative manner?
I dunno what's more ridiculous; The absurdly over-the-top proposals, or the fact that 90% of them make the team worse than they are now.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:44 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Sorry but you are asking for a lot there
That's the thing--that particular scenario requires a number of players to improve to certain levels they may or may not reach. With a player like Nash or Ryan, you know they've done it numerous times before. Add one of those guys with the expectation that some players already on the roster will have better years while some will either stay the same or regress/get injured/get traded. To be fair I think most of Pizza's projections were fairly reasonable except for Hagelin hitting 20 goals. I don't know if he has that type of skill.

And I wouldn't trade assets for Ott either. One of the positives with the Rangers' situation is that some of the weaknesses (faceoff prowess and the bottom defense pair) are rather inexpensive to address. You usually don't have to pay a lot to sign a free agent faceoff specialist or a stay-at-home defender.

Closed Thread