HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part X: Bobby, we're better than Philly!

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Why wouldn't Winnipeg match that offer sheet?
It's been said on TSN and NHL Network that the Jets may not want to lock him up that long as he still shows signs of immaturity on and off the ice. They want a 3-4 year deal, so they may not match a 6 year offer.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Blueshirt Believer

I would love Evander Kane, but the trade assets would probably be as bad or worse than what it would require a Ryan or Nash.

I don't think we can get him for John Scott, a 7th round pick, and coupons to Sizzler.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 06-27-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
It's been said on TSN and NHL Network that the Jets may not want to lock him up that long as he still shows signs of immaturity on and off the ice. They want a 3-4 year deal, so they may not match a 6 year offer.
Still makes no sense for them not to match.

06-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Svenhart2008

CBA news

Quote:
Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL

There are no (NJ) Devils on PA CBA committee. Rangers: Biron, Dubinsky, Fedotenko.
And

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Don Fehr says the players want a quick resolution in CBA negotiations, but won't make any predictions. Says priority to get deal done.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:17 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
They're not going to let the future face of their franchise walk for nothing because of term. It's not happening. Worst case they match and then deal him if they really wanted to but since he's going to be an incredibly player I'm sure they'll hold on to him.

06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenhart2008 View Post
CBA news

And
Good, than get it DONE

Old
06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
They're not going to let the future face of their franchise walk for nothing because of term. It's not happening. Worst case they match and then deal him if they really wanted to but since he's going to be an incredibly player I'm sure they'll hold on to him.
No, I fully agree with you. I think they'd be stupid not to match and I am 99% sure they would match it. I was just saying why they might not.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:22 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenhart2008 View Post
CBA news

And
Interesting the Dubi is one of our player reps and everyone seems to think he is going to be run out of town...

Old
06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
emodwarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I would love Evander Kane, but the trade assets would probably be as bad or worse than what it would require a Ryan or Nash.

I don't think we can get him for John Scott, a 7th round pick, and coupons to Sizzler.
If you don't think the Sizzler coupons would work, you haven't tried their creamed corn fritters.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i see what you did. because i don't like your brilliant idea to bring in a player who has ONE full season to his credit, and has been hampered by substantial injuries for the past 3, I suddenly become an advocate for every asinine trade proposed on the board.

you're reasonable, i'm insane. got it.
I defended my "dumb" idea and argued against your "we screwed up the deadline" rant. You've chosen to ignore it and decided to call me a meanie instead. Okay, fine. Whatever.

I made an additional point related to your "people get cold feet about trades" bit, but really what I'm doing is labeling you as the poster child for bad trade proposals. Got it.

Boohooing after you called my idea "dumb" is just kind of silly.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Dfence033

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Well either way it's not for "nothing." They would get either 3 picks (1st, 2nd, 3rd) or a solid roster piece capable of 20g-50p, without the "attitude" issues they have a problem with, already locked up (Dubinsky), and a draft choice. They don't want to lock Kane up long-term (at least not 6-years) because of their issues with him, and that's a steep contract to swallow for a guy they are on the fence about. This way they get assets back, plus avoid a Nash-in-Columbus type situation. What if Kane never becomes a 40-40 guy like they hope? What if he becomes disgruntled with being on the block (Ryan in Anaheim) and having his team take issue with re-signing him (Parise with the Devils during the Kovalchuk fiasco)? Those are all factors that could be used against them in negotiating a trade for him that involves Kane singing a huge contract. Sure, maybe the Rangers offer more than Dubinksy and a 3rd. Maybe they add a 1st or something else. Jordan Staal got a mid-range D prospect, a 1st, and a cost-effective 3c, and he was signed for another year, put up more points playing a lesser role in a higher-need/profile position, and has a Stanley Cup to his name. What if the Rangers said they were offering a 1-year $6.7 million offer-sheet? Compensation is still a 1, 2, and 3, but then the Jets are in a world of hurt next year if they match, or could take the package of picks and be done.

As a side note, using only the career averages of the players in the proposal (some higher than actual for next year [Gaborik], some lower), that line-up when healthy would be a 285 goal team, and would have beaten Pittsburgh by 3 goals for most in the NHL last season, and doesn't touch the D-corps besides Woywitka and Eminger, neither of whom played much if any role on the Rangers anyhow.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:31 PM
rangers5000

sather please, you have been doing a great job lately, breaking from the likes of gomez/drury, homegrown blue collar guys, clutch superstar in richards

why oh why go after nash, give up the farm for a 7.8 million unproven player, with the likes of doan/whitney/jagr/parise on the table why?

i am still waiting for someone to convince me why we should trade for nash, anyone

Old
06-27-2012, 01:36 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Interesting the Dubi is one of our player reps and everyone seems to think he is going to be run out of town...
being a player rep has no bearing on his status on the team.

He could be the Rangers ONLY player rep and stil would be the likely candidate to be traded.

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:41 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Yeah they said that ******** about the CBA last time and look what happened then. I'll believe there is a next season when they sign the thing.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:50 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
sather please, you have been doing a great job lately, breaking from the likes of gomez/drury, homegrown blue collar guys, clutch superstar in richards

why oh why go after nash, give up the farm for a 7.8 million unproven player, with the likes of doan/whitney/jagr/parise on the table why?

i am still waiting for someone to convince me why we should trade for nash, anyone
If we get Nash I bet we get him for 1/2 the price that was on the table in Feb.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:51 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I defended my "dumb" idea and argued against your "we screwed up the deadline" rant. You've chosen to ignore it and decided to call me a meanie instead. Okay, fine. Whatever.

I made an additional point related to your "people get cold feet about trades" bit, but really what I'm doing is labeling you as the poster child for bad trade proposals. Got it.

ok i'll quit "boohooing" and you can quit whining and lecturing... deal?
You barely defended your busted Mueller deal, where you magically insert #s he has yet to attain in full health.

We lost to NJD over depth. The coach said it, the whole org. knows it!
They had no plan after Nash, and it cost them. there were depth moves made in Feb-deadline, we didn't have to end up with john scott! we could have at least gotten a vet defenseman.

I advocate pursuing real top line talent through FA or trade. i'll move Dubinsky or MDZ in order to do it, you won't. You want broken players, I don't. you're afraid of mistakes. Let's see which direction management goes in this Sunday.

I guarantee you it won't be yours...

Old
06-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
If we get Nash I bet we get him for 1/2 the price that was on the table in Feb.
Seems it might be that way. It depends. They could use a guy like Doan as a negotiating tool.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:52 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Upper limit of salary cap to be $70.2 million
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...53485730611200

Temporary number.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

Not only that, but the answer to "what happens if you bring on a guy with a long injury history (like Mueller) and he gets hurt again?"

is you're in the exact same spot you started, with minimal risk attached to the acquisition. Sounds like a good idea to me given the current UFA and trade environments.

Old
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post

I'm not the greatest supporter of a Nash trade (at a high price, anyway), but I don't know about "unproven". That's the type of term you tag on rookies or really young players.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Boy would that have been nice if it stayed like that lol.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:54 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What was the cap last year?

Old
06-27-2012, 01:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
64.3 million

Old
06-27-2012, 01:59 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
$64.3 million.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:59 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
You have nearly 3,000 posts in 6 months and you don't know what the cap # was last year?

Closed Thread