HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part X: Bobby, we're better than Philly!

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I'd be interested in him...but how much is he going to cost? And will he buy into Tort's system???
He bought into Dale Hunters which is pretty much like our system

Old
06-24-2012, 10:20 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

I doubt Detroit gets Semin, i think they get Parise or Suter but not Semin.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:22 PM
NJRangers35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Still no center piece.....
At what point does Howson just realize he is not getting the deal he wants. Nash has wanted out since January and you are going to tell me there has not been one acceptable trade in almost 7 months? I give a ton of credit to Shero for not dragging it out and once he Staal turned down the extension he traded him. Howson has handle this like a complete clown. Once Parise is signed and Ryan is traded there will be two less suitors. Then you factor in Nash's list of teams he will go to and Howson is in trouble. From what I have read it seems like Blue Jacket fans and Howson believes that they hold all the leverage, but in reality if Howson doesn't come back to reality the Blue Jackets are going to end up with a disgruntled captain with a $7.8 million cap hit who will end up holding out.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
I doubt Detroit gets Semin, i think they get Parise or Suter but not Semin.
They could prob get all 3 before the cap goes down and resigning players lol. They got like 25m of space

Old
Cash for Nash

Quote:
I didn't know Gaborik was out for 82 games, thanks for the update.
????I'm talking last year bud....His production was the difference between a top seed and a 7 or 8 seed at the minimum.

I have no idea how his rehab is coming along. Those things are a little unpredictable....

Old
06-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
They could prob get all 3 before the cap goes down and resigning players lol. They got like 25m of space
They could easily get Suter and Semin in my opinion.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRangers35 View Post
At what point does Howson just realize he is not getting the deal he wants. Nash has wanted out since January and you are going to tell me there has not been one acceptable trade in almost 7 months? I give a ton of credit to Shero for not dragging it out and once he Staal turned down the extension he traded him. Howson has handle this like a complete clown. Once Parise is signed and Ryan is traded there will be two less suitors. Then you factor in Nash's list of teams he will go to and Howson is in trouble. From what I have read it seems like Blue Jacket fans and Howson believes that they hold all the leverage, but in reality if Howson doesn't come back to reality the Blue Jackets are going to end up with a disgruntled captain with a $7.8 million cap hit who will end up holding out.
To be fair, no one has offered a package like Carolina did

Old
Cash for Nash

Quote:
agreed...Semin would be a good pick up.

But if Ranger fans think Nash is soft, WTF is Semin? That is pretty much his deal.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:24 PM
NJRangers35

Quote:
To be fair, no one has offered a package like Carolina did
Because Staal doesn't have a $7.8 mil cap hit for the next 6 years. If the packages for Nash have not changed in 7 months what makes anyone think they will change anytime soon?

Old
06-24-2012, 10:24 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Who said Semin isn't soft?

Old
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

But if Ranger fans think Nash is soft, WTF is Semin? That is pretty much his deal.
Yeah which is why a lot of us are skeptic but willing to take the risk.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:

Semin does not ask for one of Stepan/Kreider.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRangers35 View Post
Because Staal doesn't have a $7.8 mil cap hit for the next 6 years. If the packages for Nash have not changed in 7 months what makes anyone think they will change anytime soon?
I agree but that is why he moved him so quick. He got a solid offer

Old
06-24-2012, 10:26 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:

They are both soft. Both are opportunists. Nash is a bit more finese and Semin just has a hell of a shot. They are the same style of player. They add nothing to defense and add something to offense when the get open and have an empty net. They don't really create anything unless on a fast break. I've seen Nash play a lot and I've never seen him use his size like Jagr. Nash is not a power forward.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:28 PM
gravey9

Quote:
Still no center piece.....
there's two center pieces. Brandon Dubinsky and first round pick JT Miller and another first round draft pick to boot. It's just not the ones you want. If you'd prefer Artem Anisimov instead of Dubi or JT, that can be arranged. But Rick Nash hasn't scored much more than 60 points in 3 seasons. I know he's your captain, and you're best player, but you're overvaluing him. If he comes to a contender, he's not the captain nor the leading scorer - he's a complimentary scoring forward.

Again, you're not getting Kreider, Step and you don't want D. So, it's up to the Blue Jackets to figure out what they want because I don't think Nash is going to suit up as a CBJ again. And therefore, the hammer is in Nash's hands. Not Howson's. And if Nash wants out and his list is really short, Howson may be stuck with a deal from the Rangers or the Sharks. All the rangers need to do is beat the sharks offer.

Old
we want the cup 94

[QUOTE=NewYorkRangers89;51476299]The heck? Kreider stepped up, Richards stepped up, defensemen stepped up, what are you getting at? Dubi+Stepan/Kreider, McD/Staal, prospects, etc..you don't understand that it will take Dubi and a very good young player WITH prospects AND a pick to get Nash and he IS NOT worth it bro. Did you even watch the playoffs? Gaborik was injured and still scored and put up points, I doubt Nash can do that. What makes you think Nash would be the one who steps up anyway? Usually it's the bottom 6 guys who step up in the playoffs which is why we got knocked out because the Devils bottom 6 destroyed us. Any hockey fan knows that.[/QUO

Gabby scored 5 goals in 20 games
Richards had 6
Cally had 6
Stepan had 1
Hags had 0

Hank stepped up
the D stepped up
The offence didnt do much sorry but it is the truth
The way Hank played during the playoffs we shouldnt of went to game 7 twice and lost to the Debbies in game 6

The point is when you have a chance to land a guy of Nash or Ryans talent level you have to suck up the man crushes and do it

Old
NJRangers35

Quote:
At this point I don't even care if Nash is traded here. I just have never seen a GM handle a situation with a player so awfully. Seven months this has taken, seven months. It is past the point of stupid. Following how Howson has handled this situation it is very easy to see why the Blue Jackets are well the Blue Jackets.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
[QUOTE=we want the cup 94;51477153]
Quote:
The heck? Kreider stepped up, Richards stepped up, defensemen stepped up, what are you getting at? Dubi+Stepan/Kreider, McD/Staal, prospects, etc..you don't understand that it will take Dubi and a very good young player WITH prospects AND a pick to get Nash and he IS NOT worth it bro. Did you even watch the playoffs? Gaborik was injured and still scored and put up points, I doubt Nash can do that. What makes you think Nash would be the one who steps up anyway? Usually it's the bottom 6 guys who step up in the playoffs which is why we got knocked out because the Devils bottom 6 destroyed us. Any hockey fan knows that.[/QUO

Richards had 6
Cally had 6
Stepan had 1
Hags had 0

Hank stepped up
the D stepped up
The way Hank played during the playoffs we shouldnt of went to game 7 twice and lost to the Debbies in game 6

The point is when you have a chance to land a guy of Nash or Ryans talent level you have to suck up the man crushes and do it
God almighty, so much this.

Old
Cash for Nash

Quote:
That was a hockey deal....great player for solid return....

Still think Carolina got the better end.

But the Pens shed some cap space in another deal so look out....

Old
mahonistan*

Quote:
The heck? Kreider stepped up, Richards stepped up, defensemen stepped up, what are you getting at? Dubi+Stepan/Kreider, McD/Staal, prospects, etc..you don't understand that it will take Dubi and a very good young player WITH prospects AND a pick to get Nash and he IS NOT worth it bro. Did you even watch the playoffs? Gaborik was injured and still scored and put up points, I doubt Nash can do that. What makes you think Nash would be the one who steps up anyway? Usually it's the bottom 6 guys who step up in the playoffs which is why we got knocked out because the Devils bottom 6 destroyed us. Any hockey fan knows that.[/QUO

Richards had 6
Cally had 6
Stepan had 1
Hags had 0

Hank stepped up
the D stepped up

The difference between Hank, Richie, Gabby and Stepan and Hags is that they are all in their 30's and Hags and Steps are 22. You don't go after them if you know that the guys you are trading will be equal to them in 2 years. Hagelin had 38 points in 62 games. 13 in 17 for the Whale
Stepan had 52 in 82.
Nash had 59 in 82
Ryan had 57 in 82

You are swapping 2 50 point players and prospects for one 50 point player who is 8 years older. Doesnt make sense.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:31 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:

Richards had 6
Cally had 6
Stepan had 1
Hags had 0

Hank stepped up
the D stepped up

What are you talking about? Man crushes? For 21 year old kids who scored 51 points? For Kreider who came and kicked ass in the playoffs at 20 years old??? So Nash would have won us the cup? I know the offense didn't do much, i watched the playoffs. You don't have any idea how the cap works.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
[QUOTE=mahonistan;51477229]
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
The difference between Hank, Richie, Gabby and Stepan and Hags is that they are all in their 30's and Hags and Steps are 22.
I honestly love them as much as the next guy, and I hope to God they take the next step next season and Steps nets 60 pts and Duby comes back into 50+ pt form and Hags with 50 pts and kredier with 80, but I'm not willing to risk that the same thing happens next year and we find ourselves winning games 1-0 2-1 because of D and Hank. Especially with Gaborik out for the first month or so. Need to step up and grab a guy like Ryan or Parise or Nash. Gotta look past a lot of stuff and realize that we need offense. We need a skilled forward and a top one at that.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Lundsanity30

[QUOTE=NewYorkRangers89;51477291]
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post

What are you talking about? Man crushes? For 21 year old kids who scored 51 points? For Kreider who came and kicked ass in the playoffs at 20 years old??? So Nash would have won us the cup? I know the offense didn't do much, i watched the playoffs. You don't have any idea how the cap works.
Depending on the return, I think we do win the cup w Nash last year well unless kreider went seeing as he scored all our offensive points lol

Old
06-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Lundsanity30

On the plus side, Sather knows we need to add offense and I think he will come up w something. What I don't know

Old
06-24-2012, 10:36 PM
mahonistan*

[QUOTE=Killem Dafoe;51477371]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post

I honestly love them as much as the next guy, and I hope to God they take the next step next season and Steps nets 60 pts and Duby comes back into 50+ pt form and Hags with 50 pts and kredier with 80, but I'm not willing to risk that the same thing happens next year and we find ourselves winning games 1-0 2-1 because of D and Hank. Especially with Gaborik out for the first month or so. Need to step up and grab a guy like Ryan or Parise or Nash. Gotta look past a lot of stuff and realize that we need offense. We need a skilled forward and a top one at that.
Why? We had the best record in the East last year with an extrememly young team. These young guys can only get better. Your argument makes no sense. I'd rather wait 2 years to win and win 3 cups then trade it all away and win one and then have to wait another 20 years. The young guys on this team can and will win us 2-4 cups if we keep them together.
A great example is trading Park and Ratelle for an old Esposito. We would have won at least 2 pucks if we had kept Park and Ratelle

Last edited by mahonistan*: 06-24-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Closed Thread