HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise - pending UFA Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Mancouver
Locked in the Washer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Oracle View Post
What does the discussion of the Pens fan base have to do with Zach Parise?
Obviously, the Penguins don't deserve him. It doesn't bother me any. I feel that Morgan Reilly should have been boo'd at the draft last weekend. Only because he was drafted by the Leafs..

Old
06-28-2012, 09:25 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
@MouseRat_Fan

I wish I knew all this about the pens fan base before. I never would have become a fan in 2006.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:51 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLuci View Post
Obviously, the Penguins don't deserve him. It doesn't bother me any. I feel that Morgan Reilly should have been boo'd at the draft last weekend. Only because he was drafted by the Leafs..
And clearly you are in the position to make this call...

Old
06-28-2012, 09:54 PM
RehnX

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsandLeafs View Post
Who the heck is taking Martin with his salary? Unless Shero dumps him for about a 6th round pick, he is not moving Martin and he would be getting no value for Martin. You are probably stuck with him for one more year. Shero will likely hope he gets back to the normal Paul Martin and then trade him next summer when his stock is back up. The Pens have a ton of depth among blue line prospects and they need to resign Malkin and Letang in 2 years. You don't think letang wants big bucks? Making a play for Parise or Suter is doable, but both is a pipe dream.
Luckily, GMs are both more intelligent than HF posters and have memories longer than 1 year.

Martin is still a top 4 defenseman, and is worth his money. Just not in a system like the Penguins. Even during the regular season you would have a hard time finding a Pens fan who was upset with Martin for doing what he was supposed to do(puck moving and playing good defense when he had a partner to support him in the zone).

Even so, the Pens will be fine with signing Malkin, I guess outside fanbases have never really listened to the guy before. I think the only reason he signed so much first was at his agents urging. For example when Talbot signed in Philly, Malkin simply couldn't comprehend why he went to another team, money didn't even cross his mind. He will make the same(you know, the salary of that Malkin guy coming off the books should cover Malkins salary), or slightly more(300k-600k).

Letang will make probably 6 million, which is easily managed.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:55 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
@MouseRat_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
Luckily, GMs are both more intelligent than HF posters and have memories longer than 1 year.

Martin is still a top 4 defenseman, and is worth his money. Just not in a system like the Penguins. Even during the regular season you would have a hard time finding a Pens fan who was upset with Martin for doing what he was supposed to do(puck moving and playing good defense when he had a partner to support him in the zone).

Even so, the Pens will be fine with signing Malkin, I guess outside fanbases have never really listened to the guy before. I think the only reason he signed so much first was at his agents urging. For example when Talbot signed in Philly, Malkin simply couldn't comprehend why he went to another team, money didn't even cross his mind. He will make the same(you know, the salary of that Malkin guy coming off the books should cover Malkins salary), or slightly more(300k-600k).

Letang will make probably 6 million, which is easily managed.
haven't you learned that fans of other teams clearly know more about the intricacies of the penguins financial structure than penguins fans? There are certainly not hidden agendas in play.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:14 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
haven't you learned that fans of other teams clearly know more about the intricacies of the penguins financial structure than penguins fans? There are certainly not hidden agendas in play.
Replace 'Penguins' with 'Devils' and not only are you right on, but you also eliminate 80% of the conjecture surrounding the ability of New Jersey to re-sign Zach Parise. In which case this thread becomes marginally more bearable.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Who the heck is taking Martin with his salary? Unless Shero dumps him for about a 6th round pick, he is not moving Martin and he would be getting no value for Martin. You are probably stuck with him for one more year. Shero will likely hope he gets back to the normal Paul Martin and then trade him next summer when his stock is back up. The Pens have a ton of depth among blue line prospects and they need to resign Malkin and Letang in 2 years. You don't think letang wants big bucks? Making a play for Parise or Suter is doable, but both is a pipe dream.
The stereotypical HFer!

Old
06-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Jason Botterill just may be the best numbers guy in the business. If Ray somehow signs both Suter and Parise, you can bet he and Jason already have a financial plan for 2-3 years down the road. Botterill is seriously like rain man when it comes to the cap!

Old
06-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Please no pittsburg Parise anywhere but there

Old
06-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Pens1566

Quote:
Yes it does because it needs to be a team that both needs a defenceman and has big time cap room to take that contract on. So now dumping Kennedy is the new plan? Riddle me this, how do you find bottom 6 forwards after you have signed Parise and Suter, plus resigned Letang and Malkin? Where does the cap space come for bottom 6 guys? Who is to say that Malkin wants to take Crosby's same contract when other teams (most teams) will be willing to throw Ovy's contract (and maybe more) at him? As the Pens found out this season, having a team that can score 10 goals in a game does not win Stanley Cups. It is not 1980 anymore, you need bottom 6 forwards and third pairing defenceman who are willing to do the dirty work. You also need consistent goaltending and that is also now at least a partial question mark for the Penguins.
I already linked you to capgeek. The players are signed through this year and next. The bottom six is ALREADY UNDER CONTRACT. We would fill out a 23 man roster and still have around 1.5 million in space. If you choose to ignore that there's not much that the rest of us can do to convince you of the reality of the situation. So please, go on making up more problematic scenarios which don't exist in order to make yourself more confident in your view of the world.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:30 AM
heartsabres*

Buffalo signs Parise 12 years 80m with 12m first 3 seasons

Old
06-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Dupree13

Surprised the Caps haven't been mentioned more. They tick all the boxes with chance to win, fit, and cap room, plus the Oates factor.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Xavier Laflamme*

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Which platform are you using, PS3 or 360?

Old
06-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
He'll look great beside Richards

Hail Pegula

Old
06-29-2012, 11:56 AM
NYDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkinX View Post
Which platform are you using, PS3 or 360?
I don't think either platform would allow something so ridiculously stupid.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:01 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree13 View Post
Surprised the Caps haven't been mentioned more. They tick all the boxes with chance to win, fit, and cap room, plus the Oates factor.
They're not as deep as other teams, but on the surface I agree.

Old
06-29-2012, 02:40 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Wow, with all the Brodeur madness Parise dropped to the 2nd page.

Quote:
I chatted briefly with Zach Parise this afternoon. He said his agent's are still talking to New Jersey and it's not a guarantee yet he'll become a free agent at noon ET Sunday (11 a.m. CT).
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/160835935.html

Old
06-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Wow, with all the Brodeur madness Parise dropped to the 2nd page.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/160835935.html
I am kind of surprised that the whole Brodeur thing, even if Brodeur ends up resigning with NJ, did not effect the Parise negotiations. Assuming this guy actually is connected in any way. The uncertainty alone I would think would at least give Parise pause.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:06 AM
heartsabres*

sabres

Old
06-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Steveo98

Quote:
sabres
Then you woke up.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:10 AM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree13 View Post
While I don't expect him to go there, that's how McPhee usually works. You never seem to hear who he is focusing on signing.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Beegoalie

Parise is signing with Minnesota...

He's going to get a ridiculously high long term deal worth atleast 1M per year over what any other team is offering. On top of that he gets to play for the hometown team and be "the guy" No Kovalchuk to steal his thunder and no playing second fiddle to Crosby and Malkin or Datsyuk and Zetterburg..

Then he's going to call Ryan Suter and help convince the more reserved laid back farm boy Suter that the Wild are going to be a playoff team with his signing.

Throw in a Torrey Mitchell or another sandpaper type player for some extra depth on the 3rd/4th lines and bam...contender

Ok I just woke up from my dream

Old
06-30-2012, 11:08 AM
PaulGG

Tampa First line....

Parise Stamkos St Louis

Old
06-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Much like #Rangers Richards last July, #Devils Parise will be in Toronto huddled with Newport Sports awaiting #NHL teams to present offers
Wow.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Wow.
He can't be outdone by some rookie out of college who never even played an NHL game yet!

Closed Thread