HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Video Game Thread Part II: You Bent my Wookie

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2012, 12:49 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Here's the game with the improved AI fully implemented.

Wow, EA can't even get the shadows of money displayed properly on the ice. What a joke.

Old
07-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Wow, EA can't even get the shadows of money displayed properly on the ice. What a joke.
Sometimes I wish KONAMI gave an NHL franchise a run for their money, imagine having PEH 2013.

They'd get the money trail right, and their player ID stuff on the PES franchise could be ported over so that players have off-ice player friends, who in turn can lure them into playing together. This consistent lack of realism EA's been putting out is ******** if you ask me.

Old
07-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasP11 View Post
I usually pick up a bunch of new games during Steam sales but luckily my bank account has remained stable so far. What have you gotten so far?
So far nothing. Although I've been quite tempted. I'm staying patient to see if any of the ones I've looked at end up hitting a daily/flash deal at a cheaper price. Took a lot of strength to not buy Portal 2 for $5 and Total War Shogun 2 for $7.50 on day 1. Still haven't played Portal 2, so that's why its even under consideration (as just about anyone who would play it likely has by now).

Shogun 2 went way back up in price, and Portal 2 went back up to $10, but I'm going to hold off and hope one of them goes back on sale again prior to the end. I'm most likely going to flush away a copious amount of cash on the last day.

Old
07-14-2012, 05:45 PM
o0StatiK

Dear god the Steam Summer sale...UGH

My poor bank account..

Old
07-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Old
07-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
E A SPORTS, Eh ?

Old
07-16-2012, 11:46 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0 StatiK View Post
Dear god the Steam Summer sale...UGH

My poor bank account..
Half-Life 2
GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas

I bought four of the highest rated games on Steam for $20.

I'm happy

Old
07-16-2012, 01:21 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

My bank (HSBC) got sold to Key recently and they chose this weekend to transfer accounts... So I saw a bunch of things I wanted on Steam (Trine 2, Bastion, Amnesia, and others) but I couldn't use my card! I think I'll be able to use it later tonight, so hopefully they're still on sale.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Scott04

Ok, I broke down and made my first purchase of the summer sale. Total War Shogun 2 for $7.50. It was that cheap on Day 1, I waited and saw it go back up. Now that its back on a flash deal at $7.50 I jumped at it. Resisted buying more (such as Age of Empires III Complete for $10), but I have a feeling this won't be the end of my purchasing during the sale.

Old
07-16-2012, 06:45 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

I cracked and bought a few things on Steam.

GTA IV (with Episodes From Liberty City) for $15 - The price might go down, but I'm impatient.

Mirror's Edge for $5 - It's the current "Community Sale". I played the first half of the game a few years ago at a friend's house but his 360 disc stopped working and I never got to finish it. I loved the game from the time I played it.

I'm also going to buy Bastion, which is at $10 now, but may come down.

Old
07-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Beetlebum, I'm calling you out.

7 game series. Lets go

Old
07-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD downloading.

I want to be nostalgia'd

Old
07-18-2012, 06:37 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD downloading.

I want to be nostalgia'd
I tried the demo, was OK. I have THPS1 on my Nintendo 64 here though, but none of my friends ever wanna play it with me.

Old
07-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

What is a steam summer sale?

Old
07-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Games for computer. http://store.steampowered.com/

your avatar.

Old
07-18-2012, 08:08 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Those of you on Steam, if you're not interested in any of the games for the Community vote, please vote for Payday! The choices are Fable III (a bad game in a good franchise), Payday, and The Darkness II.

Old
07-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Games for computer. http://store.steampowered.com/

your avatar.
oh wow some cheap prices. Im looking at Medevil II:Total War. It looks like command and conquer/Warcraft/starcraft game

Old
07-18-2012, 09:02 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
oh wow some cheap prices. Im looking at Medevil II:Total War. It looks like command and conquer/Warcraft/starcraft game
If you're into medieval stuff, check out the game Mount & Blade: Warband. It's both strategy and a third person war game with a great medieval combat system. Swords, shields, lances, pikes, hammers, throwing weapons, axes, bows/crossbows, etc. most of which can be used on a horse. For the single player campaign, you're in a realm called Calradia made up of 6 factions. The Nords, the Vaegirs (mountain type Europeans), Swadians (knight-based Europeans), Rhodoks (a scrappy rebel kingdom that broke away from Swadia), the Khergit Khanate (like the Mongols), and the Sarranid Sultanate (based on Arabic civilizations). All of them have their own lords and ladies, and their own political power players. You can enlist with one of them or even start a rebel kingdom of your own.

Sieging castles, taking over towns, pillaging/saving villages, raiding bandit hideouts, fighting in tournaments for prizes, and of course meeting in open battle with hundreds on both sides.

Unlike the Total War series where you just organize the army and watch them fight, you actually take part as well. And the game is realistic in that you aren't a super human God of War character, you can't take any more punishment than anyone else so you have to fight very smart. The melee combat is challenging but incredibly fun.

It's really an amazing game, and the modding community is awesome as well.

Right now it's $12 (40% off) but it will likely be lowered at some point in the Steam sale. I highly suggest it to everyone.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
If you're into medieval stuff, check out the game Mount & Blade: Warband. It's both strategy and a third person war game with a great medieval combat system. Swords, shields, lances, pikes, hammers, throwing weapons, axes, bows/crossbows, etc. most of which can be used on a horse. For the single player campaign, you're in a realm called Calradia made up of 6 factions. The Nords, the Vaegirs (mountain type Europeans), Swadians (knight-based Europeans), Rhodoks (a scrappy rebel kingdom that broke away from Swadia), the Khergit Khanate (like the Mongols), and the Sarranid Sultanate (based on Arabic civilizations). All of them have their own lords and ladies, and their own political power players. You can enlist with one of them or even start a rebel kingdom of your own.

Sieging castles, taking over towns, pillaging/saving villages, raiding bandit hideouts, fighting in tournaments for prizes, and of course meeting in open battle with hundreds on both sides.

Unlike the Total War series where you just organize the army and watch them fight, you actually take part as well. And the game is realistic in that you aren't a super human God of War character, you can't take any more punishment than anyone else so you have to fight very smart. The melee combat is challenging but incredibly fun.

It's really an amazing game, and the modding community is awesome as well.

Right now it's $12 (40% off) but it will likely be lowered at some point in the Steam sale. I highly suggest it to everyone.
Do you need a really good comp for that? I only have a laptop...

Old
07-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Scott04

Damn you Steam Summer Sale.

Bought Total War: Shogun 2 the other day. Just bought LA Noire (never played it) for $5 and Sim City 4 Complete for $5. I owned Sim City 4, lost my original CD, and decided to buy again for nostalgia.

I almost bought the Total War pack for $12.50 until I really looked at the components. I already own Empire, Napoleon, and Rome. I would be paying the $12.50 essentially for Medieval 2 and a bunch of DLC/expansions for any of the above. While its still probably a deal, I've never really cared too much about expansions or DLC. At least not enough to pay in that situation.

In the time I started typing up this post, I ended up buying Medieval 2 Total War on its own, and I bought the Gold edition of Rome Total War for a combined total of $5. Didn't own Medieval and the Gold version of Rome has the Alexander expansion I never played. That and I don't have a copy of Rome on here anyway. Damn you, Steam. Currently sucked about $23 or so from me. But for 5 games, I'll gladly take that.

Old
07-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Can someone briefly explain how Steam works? I want to buy Empire: Total War.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Can someone briefly explain how Steam works? I want to buy Empire: Total War.
Trying to think of a good example to equate it to.. Steam is kind of like an aggregator for all of your PC games. You have all of them installed into steam, so its a one stop shop to open up any of your installed games. With Steam, you can also buy games and download them instantly right then and there. They will install into Steam and be right there to use whenever. You can also go back and add PC games you have that weren't acquired via Steam so that you can load them up with that program as well. The whole software/delivery system is very convenient for any software updates and things like that. Can also connect to friends on there, etc. I'm probably not the best at explaining it though, but its simple and free to download/join. Only thing that costs money is any games you choose to buy off of there.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:03 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
I was Bayern Munich

Feels bad man. In division 2 I just keep getting draws no matter how I play. Probably won't ever get promoted to division 1 lol.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Trying to think of a good example to equate it to.. Steam is kind of like an aggregator for all of your PC games. You have all of them installed into steam, so its a one stop shop to open up any of your installed games. With Steam, you can also buy games and download them instantly right then and there. They will install into Steam and be right there to use whenever. You can also go back and add PC games you have that weren't acquired via Steam so that you can load them up with that program as well. The whole software/delivery system is very convenient for any software updates and things like that. Can also connect to friends on there, etc. I'm probably not the best at explaining it though, but its simple and free to download/join. Only thing that costs money is any games you choose to buy off of there.
So I can just sign up, buy a game, and it will download right to my computer?

Old
07-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
So I can just sign up, buy a game, and it will download right to my computer?
Yup. Imagine like you were buying something from Amazon, but instead of it shipping, its just going to download right there. You're really only signing up just to have an account to coordinate all of your stuff, purchases, friends, whatever.

Closed Thread