HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Thread Part II: You Bent my Wookie

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
you guys won without biebs
i'm crushing you in the gwg count too. poor scoot.
Quote:
I just found my original Game Boy and a bunch of games. I'm nostalgia-ing so hard right now. Played one game of Tetris and was pretty awesome considering the time its been. The batteries inside of it expired in 2010 (and given how long the expiration date is on those things... that's impressive) but they still work fine. Tomorrow's project may be to dust off my NES and see if it works. Found a bunch of games for that too. Of course I couldn't find my Game Boy color or the specific games I was looking for.
i've been looking for my original pokemon yellow for a good 7 years.

Old
07-30-2012, 02:52 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i'm crushing you in the gwg count too. poor scoot.

i've been looking for my original pokemon yellow for a good 7 years.
I don't know if I'll catch up anytime soon in GWG. You score now, which is good. And I fill more of a playmaker role now, which is fine since I've always been pass-first anyway (at least my ratings fit the style now). I would rather you score 3 goals a game than me scoring a few if it means I'm getting assists and making the plays. Especially because then I'll re-take my assists lead. Regardless, for now, poor scoot

That was also what motivated my search for my Game Boy Color today. Randomly had a desire to find it while at a friend's house this evening. I actually just found it a few minutes ago. Problem is I haven't found pokemon yellow, or pokemon red either. I just don't know where they could be, as I looked almost everywhere I thought possible while searching for the game boy itself. I really want to find them, but just have no clue where else it could be. I must have some sort of case or bag somewhere with a few games in it, but I just have no idea where else to look. Poor scoot x2

Old
07-30-2012, 11:32 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

I delved into a past addiction tonight... Football Manager 2012, which I bought during the Steam Sale. I played a crazy amount of FM from 2005-2007.

Anyone else play?

Old
07-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Scott04

After continuing my search, I found my copy of pokemon yellow as well as my game boy color. This is wonderful. Now I just need to find pokemon red and I'm set. But yellow will suffice for now at least. I'm ready to become a chinpokomon master all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I delved into a past addiction tonight... Football Manager 2012, which I bought during the Steam Sale. I played a crazy amount of FM from 2005-2007.

Anyone else play?
I played a fair amount of 11. Was always big into EHM, but gave FM a try last year. Really fun game. I don't know if my knowledge of soccer was deep enough though to really get a good handle of it. Or at the very least, I probably should not have been an MLS team. Trying to bring in new talent (especially international talent) is way too difficult unless you have a vast knowledge of players in other leagues. You're not good enough to attract anybody from top end teams, and often times are too restricted financially to really get any upper/mid tier players to sign on, even as a DP. Can be a bit of a challenge without enough knowledge going in. May try another version at some point in the future though. Or maybe 12, just at a later time. Definitely enjoyed the game though.

Old
07-31-2012, 12:44 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i'll have to stay settling for roms i guess.

i only want one thing from nhl 13. i want them to make it so the cpu can actually pass.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:18 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
After continuing my search, I found my copy of pokemon yellow as well as my game boy color. This is wonderful. Now I just need to find pokemon red and I'm set. But yellow will suffice for now at least. I'm ready to become a chinpokomon master all over again.

I played a fair amount of 11. Was always big into EHM, but gave FM a try last year. Really fun game. I don't know if my knowledge of soccer was deep enough though to really get a good handle of it. Or at the very least, I probably should not have been an MLS team. Trying to bring in new talent (especially international talent) is way too difficult unless you have a vast knowledge of players in other leagues. You're not good enough to attract anybody from top end teams, and often times are too restricted financially to really get any upper/mid tier players to sign on, even as a DP. Can be a bit of a challenge without enough knowledge going in. May try another version at some point in the future though. Or maybe 12, just at a later time. Definitely enjoyed the game though.
I'm playing as the English team Newport County, in the 5th highest league in England. It's a similar conundrum, there aren't any notable players willing to join... But for me that's what makes it fun. My old game in FM 2007 (?) was with Aldershot Town, a relatively unknown team that I took to the Premier League and even won an FA Cup with. It's crazy how over the course of a few seasons, the players who were so unknown to you feel just a familiar as players from your favorite team.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:07 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:

Anyone else play?
Must resist urge to start up the game.

I had a serious 25 season affair with the 2011 iteration last summer. Can't do it again.

Old
08-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Scott04

Quote:
I'm playing as the English team Newport County, in the 5th highest league in England. It's a similar conundrum, there aren't any notable players willing to join... But for me that's what makes it fun. My old game in FM 2007 (?) was with Aldershot Town, a relatively unknown team that I took to the Premier League and even won an FA Cup with. It's crazy how over the course of a few seasons, the players who were so unknown to you feel just a familiar as players from your favorite team.
See, that's the right way to go about it. You can be with a team that isn't too notable and try to find a way to build it up with any given league. But I think its far easier to pull off when you stick with a European league. Not that you have less of a challenge, but you have a better pipeline going. I was the Red Bulls because I figured at least that way I'll know the players on my team and what they're good and bad at (in real life at least). But of course that didn't help me too much past that roster. Or past the MLS. Next time I play any version of FM, I probably need to take a European team. Maybe not that low of a level, but even a lower team in a top level will work.

Old
08-01-2012, 01:29 AM
HeliDevil
Legend

Beat some nerd playing with the Avs when I was the Blue Jackets tonight. Feels good man.

Old
08-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

I shutout the Pens using the Isles. It is a nice feeling

Old
08-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Scott04

I need to play vs. play again.... I just can't be the Devils anymore because of some random dude wearing the #9... Now to pick a team...

Old
08-01-2012, 01:54 AM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
I need to play vs. play again.... I just can't be the Devils anymore because of some random dude wearing the #9... Now to pick a team...
I started replacing Parise when I play as the Devils. I just made him sit the bench.

Old
08-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
I started replacing Parise when I play as the Devils. I just made him sit the bench.
I've thought about that... but it puts me at such a disadvantage that I'm not sure I could make up for elsewhere. At least, if we're talking about online play, its just too tough since you have so few options for replacing someone.

Old
08-01-2012, 02:49 AM
King Henrique
ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ǝnbıɹuǝɥ

it's easier to just avoid the devils.

regretfully, I tried playing as the flyers and now I can't stop. they are easily my best team, I hate them to death, but must play as them.

Old
08-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
when i play versus...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX use random team after spamming X as long as its not nyr or philly

Old
08-01-2012, 08:32 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Dallas and Colorado are my teams of choice in online games.

Old
08-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrique View Post
it's easier to just avoid the devils.

regretfully, I tried playing as the flyers and now I can't stop. they are easily my best team, I hate them to death, but must play as them.
Its a shame that avoiding them altogether is now my best bet. I always used to use them, despite the fact they were lower rated than the team I faced 95% of the team. I still won the overwhelming majority of the games, so I didn't care. I'm inconsistent with other teams in the few times I've used them (offline). I'm thinking Nashville, Boston, and Detroit are probably my best teams. I refuse to use Parise, but I'll gladly take advantage of Suter still being on Nashville

Old
08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Nick0930

Will Pareasy be on the Devils roster in the NHL 13 demo or is that updated to this offseason too?

Old
08-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Bosskarelli

So, we going to play some eashl tonight so we can see our banner if we have one?

Or perhaps more accurately, so we can kick off an entire month where we never have a home game so we never find out if we get a banner.

Old
08-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosskarelli View Post
So, we going to play some eashl tonight so we can see our banner if we have one?

Or perhaps more accurately, so we can kick off an entire month where we never have a home game so we never find out if we get a banner.
I can be on this evening. But not likely to be anytime before 11:00 ET for me.

Old
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

I should be able to get on by 10:30 or so. Maybe earlier.

Old
08-01-2012, 03:44 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Will Pareasy be on the Devils roster in the NHL 13 demo or is that updated to this offseason too?
I'm pretty sure they update it to the offseason. I remember playing the NHL 11 demo (the year Chicago won) and they were missing guys from the playoffs like Versteeg on the roster and had other players in their lineup spots.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Bosskarelli

Amazed we got some home games.

Good to see we get a banner.

I noticed during the second raising that Amateur is misspelled as "Amatuer" on it.

Figures. Paper cup and a botched banner.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe

vCash: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosskarelli View Post
Amazed we got some home games.

Good to see we get a banner.

I noticed during the second raising that Amateur is misspelled as "Amatuer" on it.

Figures. Paper cup and a botched banner.
You guys done for tonight?

"Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception." - Carl Sagan
Old
08-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Bosskarelli

I am. Rhodes and the Bieb were still playing.

Closed Thread