HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Video Game Thread Part II: You Bent my Wookie

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Czech Trio
from jersey

vCash: 500
here are the position averages regardless

left wing: 77.5
center: 79.5
right wing:71.5
defense: 81
goalies: 77.5

while NYR position averages are:

left wing: 72.6
center: 80.25
right wing: 84
defense: 80.3
goalies: 84

i think guys like greene and zidlicky are fairly low considering matt carle is ranked a 86.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Nick0930

Ovechkin is a 93 while Malkin is 91? Bryzgalov an 86!? These ratings are hilarious.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Scottyk9
Blackhawks bandwagon

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Need an opinion. I can buy for $100 an xbox 360 with 4gb from a friend brand new. Is that worth it?
If it's in good condition then yeah it's worth it. If you can grab a bigger hard drive also then do that if you want to install games to the HD.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
If it's in good condition then yeah it's worth it. If you can grab a bigger hard drive also then do that if you want to install games to the HD.
A person I work with is getting a deal if he buys a PC laptop then he gets the 4gb for free and he already has an xbox with a lot more gbs so he doesn't care if it's $100. I know nothing about xbox so this is useful info.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Czech Trio
from jersey

you know parise is going to like a 92. you just know it.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Trio View Post
More like 85-88.

They could always give him and Suter matching overalls, though. That would bump it up.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:16 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
How the hell is Elias 82 after a 78 point season?

Old
08-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Need an opinion. I can buy for $100 an xbox 360 with 4gb from a friend brand new. Is that worth it?
Well since it must be hot or it "fell off the back of a truck" it depends on how big your conscious is.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Ryan Miller is still a 92 overall. This is insane.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
They might succeed at it if, you know, they don't put the fourth liners in the second line as per that image.

If these are the lines that come out with the game, with no Butler/Tedenby on them, I'm not playing this until the first roster update.

I think that 71 to 74 would have been more fair. That's like a 10 point bump.
Its pretty unfair to rip them for not having Butler or Tedenby on the default lines where there is no guarantee that either makes the NHL roster to start the year. If they were penciled in as guarantees, then that's one thing. They're both going to go into camp competing for a spot, so I don't see the problem.

And lets not fault them for their initial lines on the Devils because no one really has a clue what they'll be. Kind of a big change from where things were at the end of last year's regular season (the last roster update they had). Even the playoffs didn't keep the same lines every game, with the exception of one line.

And about Gionta, any more than 70-71 isn't the easiest to justify. You would put him ahead of Ryan Carter? Carter was really only producing points in the playoffs, but he was pretty solid in his role during the regular season at least. A 73 (at this point in time) is pretty fitting for him. Wouldn't put Gionta equal to, or even ahead of him, given how small of a sample size he brings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Ovechkin is a 93 while Malkin is 91? Bryzgalov an 86!? These ratings are hilarious.
Ovechkin probably is higher than Malkin because he is probably higher rated in the physical attributes. Probably makes a large difference in the overall, while you'll see them both being very comparable offensively I'm sure. And for Bryzgalov, lets see where he is in relation to the other goalies. His lows were hideous. But he had plenty of high points during the year/playoffs too. Everyone likes to remember how bad he was in the first round of the playoffs (and a few embarrassing goals he allowed in the 2nd round), but the Flyers probably would have lost most games by 4 or more if it wasn't for him in net. He was making a lot of great saves all series. He just got ripped on for his errors, despite any good moments he had.

Quote:
More like 85-88.

They could always give him and Suter matching overalls, though. That would bump it up.
I couldn't care less what the overall rating ends up being, but if those 2 having matching overalls, it will be awesome.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:22 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

I know overall doesn't really matter but Elias being a 78 point player and being a 82 overall player must mean he has some low ass attributes which kinda sucks.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Bosskarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalchukR8 View Post
I know overall doesn't really matter but Elias being a 78 point player and being a 82 overall player must mean he has some low ass attributes which kinda sucks.
He probably has like a 20 in faceoffs.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalchukR8 View Post
How the hell is Elias 82 after a 78 point season?
Probably along the same lines of why Lupul is an 84 (67 points in 66 games), Backstrom is an 85 (44 in 42 games), and Tavares is an 85 (81 in 82 games). Consider Elias' age, and also think what ratings is he REALLY going to top the charts at? His speed isn't going to be out of this world, while people with similar point production (such as the above) probably are higher in some skating attributes. He doesn't play overly physical, he's not flying all over the ice with speed. He just is very solid all around, and his ratings probably reflect that.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Its pretty unfair to rip them for not having Butler or Tedenby on the default lines where there is no guarantee that either makes the NHL roster to start the year. If they were penciled in as guarantees, then that's one thing. They're both going to go into camp competing for a spot, so I don't see the problem.

And lets not fault them for their initial lines on the Devils because no one really has a clue what they'll be. Kind of a big change from where things were at the end of last year's regular season (the last roster update they had). Even the playoffs didn't keep the same lines every game, with the exception of one line.
OK fine, but I can and will rip them a new one for still having Eric Boulton there.

Also, Josefson needs a player type change. Ripping the "grinder" label off him and putting a "playmaker" one would make his overall rocket.

Quote:
And about Gionta, any more than 70-71 isn't the easiest to justify. You would put him ahead of Ryan Carter? Carter was really only producing points in the playoffs, but he was pretty solid in his role during the regular season at least. A 73 (at this point in time) is pretty fitting for him. Wouldn't put Gionta equal to, or even ahead of him, given how small of a sample size he brings.
I would not put him ahead of Ryan Carter, but I would put him in the same ballpark, maybe a point or two below.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Scottyk9
Blackhawks bandwagon

Quote:
OK fine, but I can and will rip them a new one for still having Eric Boulton there.

Also, Josefson needs a player type change. Ripping the "grinder" label off him and putting a "playmaker" one would make his overall rocket.

I would not put him ahead of Ryan Carter, but I would put him in the same ballpark, maybe a point or two below.
That's exactly what they changed player type no longer dictates the overall.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
That's exactly what they changed player type no longer dictates the overall.
Really?

Then why the **** is he a 75? Injury proneness?

Old
08-16-2012, 07:37 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

Quote:
Probably along the same lines of why Lupul is an 84 (67 points in 66 games), Backstrom is an 85 (44 in 42 games), and Tavares is an 85 (81 in 82 games). Consider Elias' age, and also think what ratings is he REALLY going to top the charts at? His speed isn't going to be out of this world, while people with similar point production (such as the above) probably are higher in some skating attributes. He doesn't play overly physical, he's not flying all over the ice with speed. He just is very solid all around, and his ratings probably reflect that.
Yeah I figured it would have something to do with his speed and age. Oh well ratings dont matter in the end as I usually get annoyed with them when it's announced but when the game comes out I forget.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

I agree with Scott on pretty much everything.

Also hope they make it so you can change player types and positions in gm mode. Yayo should be a two-way forward, not grinder, and of course every effing defense prospect ends up with ****** offense if they're a two-way instead of defensive which ruins them.

Old
08-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Scottyk9
Blackhawks bandwagon

How are the NHL 13 player ratings different from NHL 12?

EA: Last year, overall ratings reflected a player's effectiveness based on their player type (ex. Sniper, Enforcer, Grinder, etc.). NHL 13 Overall ratings are based on a player's overall skill based on their position.

Why the change?

EA: It was a fan-requested change that ensured that overall ratings were more representative of a players skill level in real life. A players who is 90+ will feel drastically different than one who is rated 65.

Examples: NHL 12 Parros was an 81 as his rating was based on his player type enforcer, meaning that he was an above average enforcer. In NHL 13 Parros is an 69 overall based on his skill level as a forward. Chris Neil was an 82 (Grinder) last year, this year he's a 78. With this new overall ratings system, his rating didn't drop as significantly as Parros because he's still a skilled player who can check and score effectively.

Old
08-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Really?

Then why the **** is he a 75? Injury proneness?
Because despite his potential, and the random flashes of talent we've seen from him, he still only has 19 points in 69 games for his career? Also 1 point in 6 career playoff games. Sure, we all think very highly of him. But the fact of the matter is that he hasn't really proven anything yet. Best way to rate him in this game is something in the 75 range with a decent enough potential rating that he could possibly pan out to what we expect (in a GM mode of course).

That and I think its pretty obvious hair quality and overall handsomeness are not ratings in this year's game.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
That and I think its pretty obvious hair quality and overall handsomeness are not ratings in this year's game.
then why is lundqvist a 91?

Old
08-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Trio View Post
He will follow in the long tradition of players dramatically improving their point production after leaving the Devils. Oh, wait.

Old
08-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Scott04

Quote:
then why is lundqvist a 91?
Maybe facial hair quality is a rating, hence why so many Devils players are so low? The Lundqvist stubble made EA swoon

Old
08-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
All players have been lowered because of EA, but Elias at an 82 ???

The guy who finished Top 10 in points ??? Cmon EA

Old
08-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
All players have been lowered because of EA, but Elias at an 82 ???

The guy who finished Top 10 in points ??? Cmon EA
again, what part of this doesn't make sense?

if the overall really is just an average of everything now, this is fine. he isn't going to have any better than average skating and his strength and such is going to be low. his shot will be a little better than average hopefully, he should have good of whatever they're using as hockey sense this year, but otherwise most of his stats should be average.

Closed Thread