HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Thread Part II: You Bent my Wookie

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-26-2012, 08:52 PM
  #926
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,733
vCash: 500
Let's see the PS3 bros win their September playoff


DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 10:43 PM
  #927
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford
 
Jiri Bicek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
I am in love with FIFA this year

Always better with the Spanish commentary turned on, too

Jiri Bicek is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 11:16 PM
  #928
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,733
vCash: 500
I'm liking FIFA but absolutely getting my ass rammed online

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 03:19 AM
  #929
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
I'm liking FIFA but absolutely getting my ass rammed online
Tackling is totally overpowered.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 08:19 AM
  #930
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Bicek View Post
I am in love with FIFA this year

Always better with the Spanish commentary turned on, too
Goes without saying. Although Martin Tyler has his charms too.

Saugus is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:32 AM
  #931
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,357
vCash: 500
never played fifa or watched soccer, but all these reviews make me want to. cant be worse than nhl13.

can someone with limited soccer knowledge/interest play this game online with ease?

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 10:28 AM
  #932
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro
 
Officer Rod Farva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,104
vCash: 500
"My balls are all up in my sternum, I have just been diagnosed with the clap, My pet fish died, my wife fell down the stairs needs a hip replacement, my daughter is a porn star, and I just found out I have two gay fathers....But still pleasure to be here"

Martin Tyler

Officer Rod Farva is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 01:10 PM
  #933
Jossipov
Patty's Better
 
Jossipov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Arlington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
I love NHL 13. Think it's the most realistic game to date.

A lot of people just don't like change. Most of the complaints I've seen in the NHL 13 thread are based around people simply not being good at the game (passing sucks, can't navigate the offensive zone without losing the puck to a pokecheck, allow so many breakaways).
This is true and false, good and bad....

True in that much of it is more realistic, but a big part is ridiculous. I made a 'perfect player' in be a pro (99 on everything) to try it out, and the guy still gets knocked on his butt anytime someone touches him. It's not so much just that the guys fly all over the place when they get a hip check, it's that they fly all over the place all the time. Anytime you are on open ice it's like everyone is Scott Stevens and knocks you on your face, even if from the slightest graze or coming up from behind. It gets really frustrating after a while

Realism, it is great...to an extent.
Sometimes I want to be able to score 12 goals on the Rangers and laugh. That's part of the fun about video games. I dont want video games to be completely realistic. Could you imagine a completely realistic MW2? Your guy would have heat stroke and need to spend 5 minutes hydrating before the 1st checkpoint and instead of recovering from an injury by running away and hiding for 10 seconds, you would need a MEDEVAC.
Sometimes too much realism takes out some of the fun.

Also, Marty really sucks in NHL13...what gives?


Last edited by Jossipov: 09-27-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Jossipov is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 01:15 PM
  #934
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,811
vCash: 425
you want realism? fine...


__________________

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is online now  
Old
09-27-2012, 01:36 PM
  #935
Feed Me A Stray Cat
Registered User
 
Feed Me A Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,572
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossipov View Post
This is true and false, good and bad....

True in that much of it is more realistic, but a big part is ridiculous. I made a 'perfect player' in be a pro (99 on everything) to try it out, and the guy still gets knocked on his butt anytime someone touches him. It's not so much just that the guys fly all over the place when they get a hip check, it's that they fly all over the place all the time. Anytime you are on open ice it's like everyone is Scott Stevens and knocks you on your face, even if from the slightest graze or coming up from behind. It gets really frustrating after a while

Realism, it is great...to an extent.
Sometimes I want to be able to score 12 goals on the Rangers and laugh. That's part of the fun about video games. I dont want video games to be completely realistic. Could you imagine a completely realistic MW2? Your guy would have heat stroke and need to spend 5 minutes hydrating before the 1st checkpoint and instead of recovering from an injury by running away and hiding for 10 seconds, you would need a MEDEVAC.
Sometimes too much realism takes out some of the fun.

Also, Marty really sucks in NHL13...what gives?
All depends on what you're looking for. I like realism.

What are your hitting settings on? I have hit power at zero usually, on hardocre game style. Hitting assistance far down as well.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 01:38 PM
  #936
Feed Me A Stray Cat
Registered User
 
Feed Me A Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,572
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
you want realism? fine...

Haha

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 01:45 PM
  #937
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Let's see the PS3 bros win their September playoff

I don't even know if anyone on ps3 is even playing. At least I've seen almost no one doing so in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
I'm liking FIFA but absolutely getting my ass rammed online
Only online.... suuuuuure.

I've only played a handful of games online. Only time I really got destroyed is when I chose the Red Bulls and the "team of similar ability" that I was matched up with was Manchester City

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
never played fifa or watched soccer, but all these reviews make me want to. cant be worse than nhl13.

can someone with limited soccer knowledge/interest play this game online with ease?
Yes, but it will take a little time. You don't need to know everything about the sport, as you can easily pick up what you need to know playing the game. But to an extent, you'll have to develop a bit tactically. If you try to move the ball around like it's a hockey team would set up its offense, you won't get too far. But you get a better idea of what does and doesn't work/how players move off the ball by playing a few games and working from there.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 02:14 PM
  #938
Jossipov
Patty's Better
 
Jossipov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Arlington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
All depends on what you're looking for. I like realism.

What are your hitting settings on? I have hit power at zero usually, on hardocre game style. Hitting assistance far down as well.
I didnt know there were hit settings....I will have to check that

Jossipov is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 02:21 PM
  #939
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,733
vCash: 500
After today I'm kinda done with FIFA as well. Oh well, back to Battlefield 3 and consider it $130 wasted on NHL and FIFA

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 04:33 PM
  #940
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,733
vCash: 500
And after I call the game out I start winning online

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 10:39 AM
  #941
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,811
vCash: 425
been a long time since I craved a racing game (Dirt 2 I think).

This looks good.
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/...f1-2012-review

Richer's Ghost is online now  
Old
09-28-2012, 10:44 AM
  #942
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
And after I call the game out I start winning online
So basically you don't like the games because you're not good at them?

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 11:22 AM
  #943
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
So basically you don't like the games because you're not good at them?
There's only so many times I can get scored on from 25 yards out until I rage

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 11:49 AM
  #944
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 25,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
EASHL is such a blast with human goalies if both are good

Just recently started playing goalie.

12 starts
7wins
.871 sv% ( not bad really if you're fimilar with the online stats )
2.043 G.A.A
4 shutouts ( should be 5 shutouts but a team quit with 2 seconds left in a 2-0 game...*******s)

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 01:59 PM
  #945
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
When I played goalie I was lucky to pull a save% near 750. I haven't even tried it on NHL 13

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 07:45 PM
  #946
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,293
vCash: 920
I chose Borderlands 2 over NHL 13. I think I made the right choice.

daveskirtun is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 11:01 PM
  #947
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I chose Borderlands 2 over NHL 13. I think I made the right choice.
I hear Borderlands 2 is a great game. I should get it eventually.

Saugus is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 12:01 AM
  #948
B A T M A N
Risen
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gotham
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I chose Borderlands 2 over NHL 13. I think I made the right choice.
Obviously. Game of the Year over the same drivel sports game is a pretty obvious choice.

B A T M A N is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 03:23 AM
  #949
Ilkka Pikachu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
There's only so many times I can get scored on from 25 yards out until I rage
well, that's the easiest way to score in the game so deal with it

Ilkka Pikachu is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 10:32 PM
  #950
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Ugh.

I dropped my empty FIFA case onto the floor, causing it to bounce and barely nick the edge of my 360 while FIFA was loading... And now I have two circular scratches around my FIFA disk - one near the outside, one near the inside...

The good news is that the game loads all the way up to the "Press Start" menu, so tomorrow I can rent a copy for a few bucks, install it onto my 360 hard drive, and should be able to play from the hard drive since the disk is at least recognized and can boot up.

Still, an empty 360 case that barely clips the edge of the system shouldn't cause gamebreaking scratches.

yakitate304 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.