HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Thread Part II: You Bent my Wookie

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2012, 10:23 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Come back when you've tagged 3 elite champ titles.

Good job tho.
By the looks of those recent PS3 team stats I would gather those titles will last a lifetime.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:47 AM
Scott04

I love in Civilization when EVERY nation in the game denounces me (almost at once), yet I'm leading by far in total score and have far and away the most military strength. I just further egg them on to try to get someone to declare war on me. Now just trying to decide when I say screw it and attack everyone. I'm thinking right after I develop enough nukes to hit everyone's capital on one turn...

Old
06-28-2012, 02:53 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

That feel when you're the only human in your team in a dropin playing 4 humans, playing defense, win 3-2, score 2 goals outshoot them by 12, and get a b- team play rating for your troubles.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Breakin' the law

vCash: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
That feel when you're the only human in your team in a dropin playing 4 humans, playing defense, win 3-2, score 2 goals outshoot them by 12, and get a b- team play rating for your troubles.

I'm guessing you had a horrible goalie that let in a long distance softie and everyone quit at 19:48 of the first period and you stuck it out.

Good for you. You get a trooper button for that.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:44 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

My favorite is playing goalie in a drop-in, and having 2 people quit and 3 people ***** at you for not making 20 saves a period to keep them in the game. I swear, people have no idea how to get in passing lanes, or how to angle people off on defense. 2 out of every 3 shots I face are 2 on 1s or breakaways... It's absurd. It gets to the point where I'll lose 8-1 and get A+ across the board because the game knows I'm the only reason it's not 30-1. I actually had a Left Defenseman ***** me out for leaving a rebound after saving a left-to-right-to-left cross crease play with a crazy diving desperation save, when his awful shorthanded hit attempt in the neutral zone led to the 2-on-0 in the first place.

My drop-in teams have a better chance of winning when it's 1 on 6 than when it's 6 on 6 most games... At least the computer keeps it simple offensively and can snipe human goalies, and is passable on defense despite being pretty bad.

Also, I normally play RD and I may have played with the worst LD ever two nights ago. We were 3-on-5 and he was forechecking behind their net.

My team (The A-Team) is Elite, last time I checked. In NHL 10/11 we were actually on the level of teams like Purple Cobras (the guys who take the game super serious) and had a pretty even record against them and the other top teams. Now we just don't care.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:20 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

HF Devils 360 Club June 2012 team photo

Old
06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Scott04

Quote:
I've been there. The CPU is useless so you carry the puck as much as you can, turn it over a few times, probably complete few passes to them, and are calling for the pass so many times that some of them are probably bad decisions (and hurt your rating). It's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
My favorite is playing goalie in a drop-in, and having 2 people quit and 3 people ***** at you for not making 20 saves a period to keep them in the game. I swear, people have no idea how to get in passing lanes, or how to angle people off on defense. 2 out of every 3 shots I face are 2 on 1s or breakaways... It's absurd. It gets to the point where I'll lose 8-1 and get A+ across the board because the game knows I'm the only reason it's not 30-1. I actually had a Left Defenseman ***** me out for leaving a rebound after saving a left-to-right-to-left cross crease play with a crazy diving desperation save, when his awful shorthanded hit attempt in the neutral zone led to the 2-on-0 in the first place.

My drop-in teams have a better chance of winning when it's 1 on 6 than when it's 6 on 6 most games... At least the computer keeps it simple offensively and can snipe human goalies, and is passable on defense despite being pretty bad.

Also, I normally play RD and I may have played with the worst LD ever two nights ago. We were 3-on-5 and he was forechecking behind their net.

My team (The A-Team) is Elite, last time I checked. In NHL 10/11 we were actually on the level of teams like Purple Cobras (the guys who take the game super serious) and had a pretty even record against them and the other top teams. Now we just don't care.
Seen that one plenty. Had a drop in game not long ago where I was on a team with 6 humans. One of our D-men was the most aggressive forward the entire game. He was gunning for breakaways non-stop. When the other team came in, we had at most one actual defenseman. The other 2 forwards aside from me were all doing the same breakaway game. I played it normally on both ends of the ice. And they ragged on our human G for being terrible for letting a few in. We won like 7-6 in OT or something. But still. Its ridiculous to expect the goalie to do anything when he's left all alone every single time. This is why I almost never bother with drop in games altogether. Really only if I want to test out a build and there isn't anyone from the club around.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

At least I had the most pleasant goalie experience ever though. They actually apologized for leaving me out to dry on a couple of goals and kept saying "let's win this game for the goalie!" we won 5-4

Old
06-28-2012, 01:40 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I've been there. The CPU is useless so you carry the puck as much as you can, turn it over a few times, probably complete few passes to them, and are calling for the pass so many times that some of them are probably bad decisions (and hurt your rating). It's fun.

Seen that one plenty. Had a drop in game not long ago where I was on a team with 6 humans. One of our D-men was the most aggressive forward the entire game. He was gunning for breakaways non-stop. When the other team came in, we had at most one actual defenseman. The other 2 forwards aside from me were all doing the same breakaway game. I played it normally on both ends of the ice. And they ragged on our human G for being terrible for letting a few in. We won like 7-6 in OT or something. But still. Its ridiculous to expect the goalie to do anything when he's left all alone every single time. This is why I almost never bother with drop in games altogether. Really only if I want to test out a build and there isn't anyone from the club around.
When I'm a forward I generally play as F3 because I know that defensemen love to roam, so half the game I just end up covering for them when they wander... It works out though, because I keep a lot of pucks in the zone and get some dangerous looks when I come in late wide open.

Quote:
At least I had the most pleasant goalie experience ever though. They actually apologized for leaving me out to dry on a couple of goals and kept saying "let's win this game for the goalie!" we won 5-4

When I play drop in games and we have a manual goalie, I pretty much take the blame for most goals we allow regardless of my role in the play. I figure it's better to just say "my bad goalie, I should've picked him up earlier" or "don't worry about it goalie, I should've buried that one timer a minute ago". Goalies in this game tend to implode when they get stressed, so I'd rather just shoulder the blame even if I was doing what I'm supposed to defensively.

I'm Good Guy Greg in NHL.

Random thought... I played RW for the first 6-7 years that I played hockey, and then was a good center when I got to ~7th grade and beyond.. But my worst NHL positions are center and RW.

Last edited by yakitate304: 06-28-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
EliasFTW

Well i got ME3 on the cheap (free). Not impressed. Maybe its my tv but im sick of games being so dark. What happened to games having a adjustment screen? I'm firghting some brutes and i cant see what im stuck on, annoying. Also got Dead Space and The Witcher 2 that i haven't played yet.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
How did you get it for free?

Old
06-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
When I play drop in games and we have a manual goalie, I pretty much take the blame for most goals we allow regardless of my role in the play. I figure it's better to just say "my bad goalie, I should've picked him up earlier" or "don't worry about it goalie, I should've buried that one timer a minute ago". Goalies in this game tend to implode when they get stressed, so I'd rather just shoulder the blame even if I was doing what I'm supposed to defensively.

I'm Good Guy Greg in NHL.

Random thought... I played RW for the first 6-7 years that I played hockey, and then was a good center when I got to ~7th grade and beyond.. But my worst NHL positions are center and RW.
i tend to be good guy greg as well in dropins, though i don't play with a mike so not in that regard. if i'm playing wing and one of the d-men is playing like an asshat, i'll just start switching places with him off the faceoff. if they touch our goalie, they ****ing die. i always choose my position last because i generally don't care at all.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9

martinbrodeur30.com
Martin Brodeur.. NHL13 Mask.... EA SPORTS IT'S IN THE GAME!!!

Old
06-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post

martinbrodeur30.com
WHY this game do they decide to add it, Giroux on the cover just had to ruin it for me.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Point Man View Post
WHY this game do they decide to add it, Giroux on the cover just had to ruin it for me.
Really ? Your not gonna buy the game because of the cover ?

Old
06-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Really ? Your not gonna buy the game because of the cover ?
Haha no not really, I was sort of leaning against getting it anyway, Giroux was pretty much just the icing on the cake.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:09 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Buy a digital copy if it means that much to you

Old
06-28-2012, 04:09 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
HF Devils 360 Club June 2012 team photo

There's 4 of us

Old
06-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
There's 4 of us
Someone had to take the picture.

in before someone says anything about a webcam, or a camera on a timer.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:24 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Someone had to take the picture.

in before someone says anything about a webcam, or a camera on a timer.
You can't inb4 yourself, new***

Old
06-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

anyone gonna be on tonight? i've got nothing to do again today.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

ya i can go if you want

Old
06-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Purrise View Post
ya i can go if you want
rg is on right now.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:

martinbrodeur30.com
Took 12 years but it's back... thank you based EA

Old
06-28-2012, 09:42 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:

martinbrodeur30.com
That's awesome, but why the **** did they have to wait until probably his last year. This is enough of a reason for me to buy it.

Closed Thread