HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Thread Part II: You Bent my Wookie

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 10:23 PM
  #126
ILikeItVeryMuch*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 36,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Come back when you've tagged 3 elite champ titles.

Good job tho.
By the looks of those recent PS3 team stats I would gather those titles will last a lifetime.


ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 12:47 AM
  #127
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,739
vCash: 500
I love in Civilization when EVERY nation in the game denounces me (almost at once), yet I'm leading by far in total score and have far and away the most military strength. I just further egg them on to try to get someone to declare war on me. Now just trying to decide when I say screw it and attack everyone. I'm thinking right after I develop enough nukes to hit everyone's capital on one turn...

Scott04 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 02:53 AM
  #128
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
That feel when you're the only human in your team in a dropin playing 4 humans, playing defense, win 3-2, score 2 goals outshoot them by 12, and get a b- team play rating for your troubles.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:03 AM
  #129
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Breakin' the law
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 50,039
vCash: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
That feel when you're the only human in your team in a dropin playing 4 humans, playing defense, win 3-2, score 2 goals outshoot them by 12, and get a b- team play rating for your troubles.


I'm guessing you had a horrible goalie that let in a long distance softie and everyone quit at 19:48 of the first period and you stuck it out.

Good for you. You get a trooper button for that.

__________________


Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:44 AM
  #130
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
My favorite is playing goalie in a drop-in, and having 2 people quit and 3 people ***** at you for not making 20 saves a period to keep them in the game. I swear, people have no idea how to get in passing lanes, or how to angle people off on defense. 2 out of every 3 shots I face are 2 on 1s or breakaways... It's absurd. It gets to the point where I'll lose 8-1 and get A+ across the board because the game knows I'm the only reason it's not 30-1. I actually had a Left Defenseman ***** me out for leaving a rebound after saving a left-to-right-to-left cross crease play with a crazy diving desperation save, when his awful shorthanded hit attempt in the neutral zone led to the 2-on-0 in the first place.

My drop-in teams have a better chance of winning when it's 1 on 6 than when it's 6 on 6 most games... At least the computer keeps it simple offensively and can snipe human goalies, and is passable on defense despite being pretty bad.

Also, I normally play RD and I may have played with the worst LD ever two nights ago. We were 3-on-5 and he was forechecking behind their net.

My team (The A-Team) is Elite, last time I checked. In NHL 10/11 we were actually on the level of teams like Purple Cobras (the guys who take the game super serious) and had a pretty even record against them and the other top teams. Now we just don't care.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:20 AM
  #131
ILikeItVeryMuch*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 36,073
vCash: 500
HF Devils 360 Club June 2012 team photo


ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
  #132
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
That feel when you're the only human in your team in a dropin playing 4 humans, playing defense, win 3-2, score 2 goals outshoot them by 12, and get a b- team play rating for your troubles.
I've been there. The CPU is useless so you carry the puck as much as you can, turn it over a few times, probably complete few passes to them, and are calling for the pass so many times that some of them are probably bad decisions (and hurt your rating). It's fun.


Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
My favorite is playing goalie in a drop-in, and having 2 people quit and 3 people ***** at you for not making 20 saves a period to keep them in the game. I swear, people have no idea how to get in passing lanes, or how to angle people off on defense. 2 out of every 3 shots I face are 2 on 1s or breakaways... It's absurd. It gets to the point where I'll lose 8-1 and get A+ across the board because the game knows I'm the only reason it's not 30-1. I actually had a Left Defenseman ***** me out for leaving a rebound after saving a left-to-right-to-left cross crease play with a crazy diving desperation save, when his awful shorthanded hit attempt in the neutral zone led to the 2-on-0 in the first place.

My drop-in teams have a better chance of winning when it's 1 on 6 than when it's 6 on 6 most games... At least the computer keeps it simple offensively and can snipe human goalies, and is passable on defense despite being pretty bad.

Also, I normally play RD and I may have played with the worst LD ever two nights ago. We were 3-on-5 and he was forechecking behind their net.

My team (The A-Team) is Elite, last time I checked. In NHL 10/11 we were actually on the level of teams like Purple Cobras (the guys who take the game super serious) and had a pretty even record against them and the other top teams. Now we just don't care.
Seen that one plenty. Had a drop in game not long ago where I was on a team with 6 humans. One of our D-men was the most aggressive forward the entire game. He was gunning for breakaways non-stop. When the other team came in, we had at most one actual defenseman. The other 2 forwards aside from me were all doing the same breakaway game. I played it normally on both ends of the ice. And they ragged on our human G for being terrible for letting a few in. We won like 7-6 in OT or something. But still. Its ridiculous to expect the goalie to do anything when he's left all alone every single time. This is why I almost never bother with drop in games altogether. Really only if I want to test out a build and there isn't anyone from the club around.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 12:54 PM
  #133
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
At least I had the most pleasant goalie experience ever though. They actually apologized for leaving me out to dry on a couple of goals and kept saying "let's win this game for the goalie!" we won 5-4

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:40 PM
  #134
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I've been there. The CPU is useless so you carry the puck as much as you can, turn it over a few times, probably complete few passes to them, and are calling for the pass so many times that some of them are probably bad decisions (and hurt your rating). It's fun.




Seen that one plenty. Had a drop in game not long ago where I was on a team with 6 humans. One of our D-men was the most aggressive forward the entire game. He was gunning for breakaways non-stop. When the other team came in, we had at most one actual defenseman. The other 2 forwards aside from me were all doing the same breakaway game. I played it normally on both ends of the ice. And they ragged on our human G for being terrible for letting a few in. We won like 7-6 in OT or something. But still. Its ridiculous to expect the goalie to do anything when he's left all alone every single time. This is why I almost never bother with drop in games altogether. Really only if I want to test out a build and there isn't anyone from the club around.
When I'm a forward I generally play as F3 because I know that defensemen love to roam, so half the game I just end up covering for them when they wander... It works out though, because I keep a lot of pucks in the zone and get some dangerous looks when I come in late wide open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
At least I had the most pleasant goalie experience ever though. They actually apologized for leaving me out to dry on a couple of goals and kept saying "let's win this game for the goalie!" we won 5-4

When I play drop in games and we have a manual goalie, I pretty much take the blame for most goals we allow regardless of my role in the play. I figure it's better to just say "my bad goalie, I should've picked him up earlier" or "don't worry about it goalie, I should've buried that one timer a minute ago". Goalies in this game tend to implode when they get stressed, so I'd rather just shoulder the blame even if I was doing what I'm supposed to defensively.

I'm Good Guy Greg in NHL.

Random thought... I played RW for the first 6-7 years that I played hockey, and then was a good center when I got to ~7th grade and beyond.. But my worst NHL positions are center and RW.


Last edited by yakitate304: 06-28-2012 at 01:46 PM.
yakitate304 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
  #135
EliasFTW
Registered User
 
EliasFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,334
vCash: 500
Well i got ME3 on the cheap (free). Not impressed. Maybe its my tv but im sick of games being so dark. What happened to games having a adjustment screen? I'm firghting some brutes and i cant see what im stuck on, annoying. Also got Dead Space and The Witcher 2 that i haven't played yet.

EliasFTW is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:22 PM
  #136
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
How did you get it for free?

Saugus is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:33 PM
  #137
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
When I play drop in games and we have a manual goalie, I pretty much take the blame for most goals we allow regardless of my role in the play. I figure it's better to just say "my bad goalie, I should've picked him up earlier" or "don't worry about it goalie, I should've buried that one timer a minute ago". Goalies in this game tend to implode when they get stressed, so I'd rather just shoulder the blame even if I was doing what I'm supposed to defensively.

I'm Good Guy Greg in NHL.

Random thought... I played RW for the first 6-7 years that I played hockey, and then was a good center when I got to ~7th grade and beyond.. But my worst NHL positions are center and RW.
i tend to be good guy greg as well in dropins, though i don't play with a mike so not in that regard. if i'm playing wing and one of the d-men is playing like an asshat, i'll just start switching places with him off the faceoff. if they touch our goalie, they ****ing die. i always choose my position last because i generally don't care at all.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:50 PM
  #138
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,649
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9


martinbrodeur30.com
Martin Brodeur.. NHL13 Mask.... EA SPORTS IT'S IN THE GAME!!!

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:51 PM
  #139
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever
 
Henrique Iglesias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ-NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post


martinbrodeur30.com
Martin Brodeur.. NHL13 Mask.... EA SPORTS IT'S IN THE GAME!!!
WHY this game do they decide to add it, Giroux on the cover just had to ruin it for me.

Henrique Iglesias is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
  #140
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,649
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Point Man View Post
WHY this game do they decide to add it, Giroux on the cover just had to ruin it for me.
Really ? Your not gonna buy the game because of the cover ?

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:54 PM
  #141
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever
 
Henrique Iglesias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ-NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Really ? Your not gonna buy the game because of the cover ?
Haha no not really, I was sort of leaning against getting it anyway, Giroux was pretty much just the icing on the cake.

Henrique Iglesias is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:09 PM
  #142
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Buy a digital copy if it means that much to you

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:09 PM
  #143
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
HF Devils 360 Club June 2012 team photo

There's 4 of us

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:21 PM
  #144
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
There's 4 of us
Someone had to take the picture.

in before someone says anything about a webcam, or a camera on a timer.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:24 PM
  #145
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Someone had to take the picture.

in before someone says anything about a webcam, or a camera on a timer.
You can't inb4 yourself, new***

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:32 PM
  #146
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
anyone gonna be on tonight? i've got nothing to do again today.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:34 PM
  #147
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,957
vCash: 500
ya i can go if you want

Basement Cat is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:35 PM
  #148
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Purrise View Post
ya i can go if you want
rg is on right now.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:38 PM
  #149
Ilkka Pikachu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post


martinbrodeur30.com
Martin Brodeur.. NHL13 Mask.... EA SPORTS IT'S IN THE GAME!!!
Took 12 years but it's back... thank you based EA

Ilkka Pikachu is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:42 PM
  #150
HeliDevil
Legend
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post


martinbrodeur30.com
Martin Brodeur.. NHL13 Mask.... EA SPORTS IT'S IN THE GAME!!!
That's awesome, but why the **** did they have to wait until probably his last year. This is enough of a reason for me to buy it.

HeliDevil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.