HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency/off-season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2012, 09:56 PM
habsrule22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Ive a pretty good feeling Lats will be back.. no interest in Parenteau considering he will ask for a long term overpaid contract..
Lats or AK for the 3 rd line would be fine

Old
06-26-2012, 09:58 PM
MTL-rules

Forget about Doan, guys... and stop re-writing history.

There really isn't much on the market... I think that if we end up with a star player, it will be via trade. We'll probably sign a veteran defenceman and some 3rd/4th liners.

Old
06-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Hugo Sham

Bad Brad wants to return http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...920/story.html

Old
06-26-2012, 10:27 PM
durojean

Just imagine

Cole Plekanec Pacioretty
Parenteau Desharnais Latendresse
Bourque Eller Gionta
White Prust Moen

Pretty nice line up and you can give Leblanc quality ice time in hamilton.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:28 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
Just imagine

Cole Plekanec Pacioretty
Parenteau Desharnais Latendresse
Bourque Eller Gionta
White Prust Moen

Pretty nice line up and you can give Leblanc quality ice time in hamilton.
Parenteau will get too much for too long.

Overpay Doan for 2 years. Imagine THAT lineup

Old
06-26-2012, 10:32 PM
JHabs61

Trade Bourque for whatever you can
sign prust, Pa Parenteau, AK and Lats

Patch - DD - Cole
PaP - Pleks - Gionta
AK/Lats - Eller - AK/Lats
Moen - White - Prust

Old
06-26-2012, 10:35 PM
durojean

I was projecting for the most realistic ufa... I'd much rather Parise Doan or Semin and I'd even bring back Kostitsyn.

I think Parenteau at 4 million for 4 years would be a nice addition. Gionta Gomez Bourque are off the book soon so it really doesn't matter if we sign a guy like Parenteau for 4 or 5 years.

4 or 5 million is what I'd be willing to pay for a 60 point scorer anytime.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:39 PM
PyrettaBlaze

What's with people wanting to bring back ex-Habs? How about trying out something new?

Old
06-26-2012, 10:44 PM
MXD

If the caphit would have been just a weebit lower, I would have wanted the Habs to target Marc Methot. Not a UFA, but... I don't know...

Would you do Bourque for Methot?

Old
06-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
If the caphit would have been just a weebit lower, I would have wanted the Habs to target Marc Methot. Not a UFA, but... I don't know...

Would you do Bourque for Methot?
without a second of hesitation.

Method is a big bodied defensive d-man exactly in the mould of what we're looking for, and on a very manageable contract (300k cheaper and with 1 less year than Bourque's).

don't think CBJ would have any motivation for that kind of swap, but who knows... perhaps if/when they finally move Nash, they might find Bourque's "potential" as a goal scorer appealing.

Old
06-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
i love how every SINGLE line up doesnt have gomez on it, while absolutely nothing has been done about his situation lol, they better do the right thing

Old
06-27-2012, 04:58 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
What's with people wanting to bring back ex-Habs? How about trying out something new?
I was just thinking the same thing. I think most people only remember the good and forget the bad stuff that got those players traded away in the first place.
Lats- rock star attitude, publicly slammed the team, out of shape, refused to go to the net
AK- well I think it's fresh enough that we all all know the inigma he is and the 20 game goal droughts. Even in Nashville, the guy got suspended by his own team during the PLAYOFFS! Nuff said about his commitment and desire to play.
Etc, etc, etc. :

Old
06-27-2012, 05:02 AM
Tacos
Wheeeee

vCash: 50
I'd like to see Staubitz back with the Habs this coming season
I did like the role he plays better than White does

Old
06-27-2012, 05:38 AM
habsfanatics

I don't like anything in free agency. I'd prefer MB sit this one out, go with the youth and continue to stock pile top picks, if we happen to over achieve ala Ottawa, great, if not, I'm content preparing for the future.

This team has way too many holes to try and patch up through UFA's. If, we sign a couple 1 year stop gaps, great. No long turn contracts to anymore useless players. We did this enough and it got us one of the worst finishes in Habs history. Hopefully we've learned from Crazy Bob and Pierre the control freak Gauthier.

We have nice young pieces in place, we need to continue to shape our roster this way, when the time is right we can add some pieces, now isn't the time. I'd rather evaluate our own youth and see what we've got.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:45 AM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I don't like anything in free agency. I'd prefer MB sit this one out, go with the youth and continue to stock pile top picks, if we happen to over achieve ala Ottawa, great, if not, I'm content preparing for the future.

This team has way too many holes to try and patch up through UFA's. If, we sign a couple 1 year stop gaps, great. No long turn contracts to anymore useless players. We did this enough and it got us one of the worst finishes in Habs history. Hopefully we've learned from Crazy Bob and Pierre the control freak Gauthier.

We have nice young pieces in place, we need to continue to shape our roster this way, when the time is right we can add some pieces, now isn't the time. I'd rather evaluate our own youth and see what we've got.
Thats all nice and dandy but try to tell Bergevin and company that.......I am pretty sure they want to ice a playoff team right away. That is competitive nature to show how good of a team you have put together.
We will see what happens after July 1st. Time will tell.

Old
06-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
i love how every SINGLE line up doesnt have gomez on it, while absolutely nothing has been done about his situation lol, they better do the right thing
Nothing should be done until the new CBA. At that point we may be able to buy him out with no cap hit.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

"going with youth" is not a good thing if you have to rush those young players or give them more responsibility than they can handle. Especially in a media/fan frenzied city like Montreal. It's hard enough to develop players here without throwing them "into the fire" too soon.

I agree we shouldn't get into any huge long term contracts unless it's a cornerstone-type player, but 1-2 year guys just bridge to when some of our young guys will be ready. I also see some solid role players and some worthwhile reclamation projects like Boyes, Fehr, Latendresse, Mueller etc

Trying to build a team just through the draft is not taking advantage of all the available resources. Most cup winners have added some UFA's, wether big names or guys to fill some roles.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:24 AM
HomaridII

they just mentioned At team990 that jiri hudler is an UFA and has been in Montreal for a while now this summer, even been seen At the
_past couple impact games wearing an impact jersey.

how would you guys feel about him?

Old
06-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
they just mentioned At team990 that jiri hudler is an UFA and has been in Montreal for a while now this summer, even been seen At the
_past couple impact games wearing an impact jersey.

how would you guys feel about him?
His assist numbers dropped even tough he played with much better linemates and his goal total is a product of his insanley high shooting percentage (close to 20%). I'm really not a fan of his.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
His assist numbers dropped even tough he played with much better linemates and his goal total is a product of his insanley high shooting percentage (close to 20%). I'm really not a fan of his.
Hands down, most useless stat in hockey.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Hands down, most useless stat in hockey.
It isn't a great stat and I'm not arguing that it is, but close to 7% increase over the career percentage is pretty substantial and most likely unsustainable.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:45 AM
shutehinside

Quote:

I agree with part of that. I'm not in favour of over paying for UFA's for the sake of it (PA Parenteau, you know who you are). I will say that with Gomez off the books we have a HUGE amount of cap space available. Depending on how Price and PK go, we should have more han enough to go after really good assets like Suter and Parise. In the highly likely event they don't want to sign here, I agree with building from within and giving the "kids" more time to play. We have Gionta, Gorges, Cole etc as a veteran core and as much as I disdain Therrien, he won't let any players slack off. If we suck again next year, I'm not too worried especially that we have a great scouting staff that I have a lot of confidance in and a great Pro scout in Dudley, that will come in handy when making trades.

I guess what I'm trying to say is let's not spend like drunk sailors just because we have it. Be smart and make strategic moves that will help long term rather than plugging a hole with an over priced UFA.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:47 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
"going with youth" is not a good thing if you have to rush those young players or give them more responsibility than they can handle. Especially in a media/fan frenzied city like Montreal. It's hard enough to develop players here without throwing them "into the fire" too soon.

I agree we shouldn't get into any huge long term contracts unless it's a cornerstone-type player, but 1-2 year guys just bridge to when some of our young guys will be ready. I also see some solid role players and some worthwhile reclamation projects like Boyes, Fehr, Latendresse, Mueller etc

Trying to build a team just through the draft is not taking advantage of all the available resources. Most cup winners have added some UFA's, wether big names or guys to fill some roles.
So are we on with the PA Parenteau making more than $5M a year bet or was that all talk from you??

Like I said, I have 500 in VCash and I'm more than happy to throw in an avatar side bet.

Old
06-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Koivu_habs#1

Quick question... What is status of Perezhogin? Do we still have his rights? If he would come over do you think he would have a chance to crack the team?

Old
06-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu_habs#1 View Post
What is status of Perezhogin? Do we still have his rights?
Nope.

Closed Thread