HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Damien Cox: Toronto should offer-sheet Cory Schneider.

Old
06-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Soth

vCash: 500
I'd happily take two 1sts from TO for cory. I love cory, but Lu is incredibly undervalued by ignorant hockey fans. Plus I expect Lack will be a great goalie too. And those firsts are likely to be top 10

Soth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:18 AM
ChillyPalmer

lol, I thought if we got Lu we would be a lock for the playoffs?

ChillyPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:21 AM
xlnc66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soth View Post
I'd happily take two 1sts from TO for cory. I love cory, but Lu is incredibly undervalued by ignorant hockey fans. Plus I expect Lack will be a great goalie too. And those firsts are likely to be top 10
Wouldn't be so sure about that. With a guy like Schneider in between the pipes, and JVR coming into the mix, that pick would probably be in the 13-20 range.

xlnc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:22 AM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
Wouldn't be so sure about that. With a guy like Schneider in between the pipes, and JVR coming into the mix, that pick would probably be in the 13-20 range.
Agreed. I could see them coming in 7th.

Cory is unreal.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:13 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
It's an ultimate opportunity in toronto? really?
In terms of the ability to prove his value... absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Uhm Match? Re-sign in January?

Unless you want Schneider to be a part of a Huge coo! Let him walk for 4 1st and resign him July 1st 2013. Team in question could be our NHL affiliate farm team.
Why would Schneider sign an extension with the Canucks when they refuse t give himm the starting reigns by trading Luongo?

BTW... the whole idea of doing a multi-year offer sheet with Schneider simply isn't realistic. The guy isn't going to put himself in a position where the Canucks can hold his career and development hostage. If they don't trade Luongo... he'll probably sign a 1-year deal with another team, in either the 2nd or 1st + 3rd compensation level and call it a day.

Neither of those packages are a lot to give up for Schneider, and giving him a #1 opportunity this year obviously gives that team the upper hand in signing him long term in January.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:31 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Neither of those packages are a lot to give up for Schneider, and giving him a #1 opportunity this year obviously gives that team the upper hand in signing him long term in January.
Don't you think the Canucks would just match?

That's why offersheets don't generally happen, because they almost always get matched. Then the only thing the other team did is piss someone off and raise the bar at which he might have to re-sign his own players at.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Hammer Time

Damien Cox

"Canucks would have to match rather than accept multiple first rounders"

Umm, why exactly WOULDN'T Vancouver want the draft picks? That's like the Phil Kessel deal all over again! Even if it was a 4 year offer sheet that "only" got us a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, I'd still take the picks.

Those picks could be packaged at the trade deadline to get good players from rebuilding/non-contending teams, and we're ready to make another Cup run in 2013.

Hammer Time is offline   Reply With Quote