HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What should we expect from Foligno next season...?

Old
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 500
What should we expect from Foligno next season...?

He'll likely start the year with Ennis and Stafford unless one of them is traded. That's one of our scoring lines. Do you think their chemistry will continue? Or were they just riding a high during the playoff chase?

Also, how many points do you expect from Foligno?

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

30-40 points would be a great year from him in my eyes. Especially if he remains the energetic, hit everything that moves, stick up for your teammates guy that he was last year.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:02 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

20-30-50, to go with 175-200 hits for the season.

He will be a contender for the Calder, along with being our most physical player.He is untouchable in my eyes, I don't even include him in a package for a Ryan or a Staal.Foligno made Kassian expendable, that should say how highly valued he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
IMO 25 - 30 points, if he score more great, but people expect way too much from this kid.
I'd be pretty disappointed if that's all he put up.He put up 13 points in 14 games, so I'd say 50 over a full season.Remember how Ennis scored 9 points in 10 games before his "rookie" season, and then put up 20-29-49...I think Foligno will do around the same.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

IMO 25 - 30 points, if he score more great, but people expect way too much from this kid.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Zip15

10-15 goals, 30-35 points. Being the glue guy on a line with Ennis-Stafford.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
20-30-50, to go with 175-200 hits for the season.

He will be a contender for the Calder, along with being our most physical player.He is untouchable in my eyes, I don't even include him in a package for a Ryan or a Staal.Foligno made Kassian expendable, that should say how highly valued he is.

I'd be pretty disappointed if that's all he put up.He put up 13 points in 14 games, so I'd say 50 over a full season.Remember how Ennis scored 9 points in 10 games before his "rookie" season, and then put up 20-29-49...I think Foligno will do around the same.
Foligno is the closest forward to untouchable on the entire team... we agree!

However, I think expecting 50 is... well... not realistic.

Remember when Stafford had 21 pts in his final 20 games in his debut season (06-07)... everyone went bonkers with predictions based off that small sample (pt per game).... he followed that up with a 38 pt season.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Foligno is the closest forward to untouchable on the entire team... we agree!
This is a very rare moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame

However, I think expecting 50 is... well... not realistic.

Remember when Stafford had 21 pts in his final 20 games in his debut season (06-07)... everyone went bonkers with predictions based off that small sample (pt per game).... he followed that up with a 38 pt season.
While Staff did put up a 38 point season the next year, remember he only played 64 games.That equates to 49 point season over 82 games, which isn't too far off of his ppg avg the season before (which would have been 54 points/82 games)

I think Foligno will hit 50 next season.He is going to be playing with 2 very good players, and the chemistry he showed with Ennis and Stafford has me real excited for the future.His drive,determination and just flat out nasty demeanor is something this team has lacked for, I don't know 10+ years?! As long as he plays physical night in and night out and can chip in 15+ goals, I'd guess I would be happy with ~40 points or so thought I really expect more.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
10-20-30 and over 120 hits.

06-21-2012, 02:35 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Agree with you Chain. 50 is far to much for someone that is not known to be a "scorer". He is a power forward who will put play a physical game, get in front of the net and put up a consistent amount of points for us. I believe Ennis/Stafford will benefit most in terms of points from Folignos play style. I can see Ennis nearing 70 points with Staff around 50-55.

McTankel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
10-15 goals, 30-35 points. Being the glue guy on a line with Ennis-Stafford.
That's what I'm expecting as well - primarily because it's not a given either that his line with Ennis and Stafford sticks all season long or has the same productivity over a full season that it had at the end of last year. I could see Foligno going through offensive droughts, where he's relegated to the 4th line with Kaleta as part of a physical line, and at other times going on short runs of goal scoring, where he sees time on one of the top 2 lines.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
I'll be curious to see if Foligno succumbs to the same kind of wear-and-tear leading to frequent injuries as has befallen Kaleta.

If McNabb sticks with the team coming out of camp, I think he'll end up leading the team in hits.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Crazy Tasty

40 points would be great, 30ish is more likely.

Would love to see 150 hits, 10 fatalities and 5 flawless victories.
That would make me

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I'll be curious to see if Foligno succumbs to the same kind of wear-and-tear leading to frequent injuries as has befallen Kaleta.

If McNabb sticks with the team coming out of camp, I think he'll end up leading the team in hits.
120 is 1.5 per game over the entire season, not hard to imagine. Nor is he as small a guy as Kaleta -- the wear and tear frequently wears out smaller players, especially ones who have guys targetting them for retribution for what they view as dirty. Foligno, playing the way he's played since Sudbury, should reach 120 without issue. Heck, Nancy Drew had 108 last year.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
This is a very rare moment.

While Staff did put up a 38 point season the next year, remember he only played 64 games.That equates to 49 point season over 82 games, which isn't too far off of his ppg avg the season before (which would have been 54 points/82 games)

I think Foligno will hit 50 next season.He is going to be playing with 2 very good players, and the chemistry he showed with Ennis and Stafford has me real excited for the future.His drive,determination and just flat out nasty demeanor is something this team has lacked for, I don't know 10+ years?! As long as he plays physical night in and night out and can chip in 15+ goals, I'd guess I would be happy with ~40 points or so thought I really expect more.
good point, i missed the Per Game conversion there.

id be happy with 35. Id be surprised if he cracked 40. At 50+ and 200 hits, I'd slap the "C" on his chest, and start building around the new core with confidence

(you have to admit you have a highly optomistic viewpoint on most of the individual players on this team)

Old
06-21-2012, 02:55 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

- Points in the 30-ish range
- Same physical play style we saw last season
- Puppies and Unicorns

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:00 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

I'm expecting 30 to 40 pts with 15 to 20 goals and the same physical game.

More than that would be gravy for me.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

20/20

How awesome would 35/35 be though!?????!!!!

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:12 PM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

I think it's unrealistic to expect anything more than 30 pts max. in his rookie season. I think realistically, he'll fall into 25 points. Is he capable of more? Maybe. But to expect him to come out and put up 50+ points? Well, that's leaning towards Calder Trophy material and I really don't see Foligno fitting that mold.

1point21Gigawatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCryceratops View Post
I think it's unrealistic to expect anything more than 30 pts max. in his rookie season. I think realistically, he'll fall into 25 points. Is he capable of more? Maybe. But to expect him to come out and put up 50+ points? Well, that's leaning towards Calder Trophy material and I really don't see Foligno fitting that mold.
agreed. you really dont see 50 pt rookie seasons from power forwards. He was barely on pace for 50 pts in 82 games in Rochester.

Old
06-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post
20/20

How awesome would 35/35 be though!?????!!!!
For a guy who's single best season was 22 goals and 59 points for the Wolves in his final OHL season? Outlandish or unlikely would be the words that spring up more so than awesome.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:
For a guy who's single best season was 22 goals and 59 points for the Wolves in his final OHL season? Outlandish or unlikely would be the words that spring up more so than awesome.
Hes a man now... then he was a boy.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:57 PM
5 Minute Major

I'm expecting between 40 and 45 points if he stays on the same line as Ennis is.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:05 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
(you have to admit you have a highly optomistic viewpoint on most of the individual players on this team)
Isn't that what being a fan is all about?And I don't love every player we have, I don't really like Ellis,Sekera,Leopold and a few others which could be why we disagree so much

Quote:
I don't think point totals in the OHL means a whole lot when it comes to Foligno..he has improved a lot the past couple years.And remember, some players produce better in the NHL then they do in juniors.Let's use Tyler Myers as an example.

Season before he was drafted 07-08 - 65gp,6g,13a,19p
His last junior season 08-09 - 58gp,9g,33a,42p

Then look at his rookie season.82gp,11g,37a,48p

By looking at Myers junior production before his rookie season or even before the 08-09 WHL season, would you have ever thought Myers would ever score 48 points in a NHL season, let alone his rookie one?Especially considering he scored 34 points his 2 seasons prior to the 08 draft combined? I think there are players who have high potential that didn't produce that much in juniors, yet produce in the NHL.And the reverse is so very true, a lot of producers in juniors can't score at all in the NHL.I guess what I'm saying is I think Foligno's offensive ceiling is a lot higher then what his junior production would dictate it'd be. (Though Foligno's 59 points his last season in juniors was in 47 games, which is well over a PPG)

Old
06-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

I'll say 35-40 points. He'll get some residual points by just playing with Ennis and Stafford, especially if Lindy uses that line as the second powerplay unit. Then again Lindy could break that line up 4 minutes into game one, so who knows.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:07 PM
OkimLom

Don't care About points. They'll come.

I want to see a consistent Physical game that won't tone down after a few penalties that might be called against him. I want to see him bang people off the puck instead of after they get rid of it. I want to see a player that will stick up for his teammates.

I want defensemen to be hesistant when he's on the ice. I would like to see many moments like the Toronto game. Make people focus on him and not the others around him. Go to the net consistently, keep winning battles in all three zones.

That is what my expectations are. If he does the majority of those I think he will be fine.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote