HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XVI - Licence to Save (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 05:03 PM
vanwest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I put more stock into Bob because he has broken many trades and other info regarding many leagues.

Incarcerated Bob ‏@***************

@Jake_Hall Hearing Colborne and a D-Man (Picks both ways also included) for Luongo

He has it as Colbourne+a D and picks going both ways that was the trade that Lou turned down. I just can't see Grabovski, Franson, conditional 1st unless that was Van's offer that Burke laughed at
LOL! I think everyone puts more stock in whomever says what they want to hear. All fo these guys are hacks.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Linden*
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
So which reporter is credible now?
I have only one, it's Bob Makenzie and I will only listen when he says it's confirmed.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
I put more stock into Bob because he has broken many trades and other info regarding many leagues.

Incarcerated Bob ‏@***************

@Jake_Hall Hearing Colborne and a D-Man (Picks both ways also included) for Luongo

He has it as Colbourne+a D and picks going both ways that was the trade that Lou turned down. I just can't see Grabovski, Franson, conditional 1st unless that was Van's offer that Burke laughed at
I think it was Gillis' original demand. If Burke counters with Colborne instead of Grabo it makes sense. Purely spitballing here though.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:07 PM
rune74

@EnricoCiccone: Fact: Roberto Luongo never refused to lift no-trade for Chi and Tor! Why? He was never asked!!!

Old
06-25-2012, 05:10 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Once a trade happens or doesn't happen it sure will be interesting if all the details come out if even 1/4 of the stuff being reported is true.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:11 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
@EnricoCiccone: Fact: Roberto Luongo never refused to lift no-trade for Chi and Tor! Why? He was never asked!!!
Exactly what Bob McKenzie said.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:13 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Exactly what Bob McKenzie said.
if you go look at McKenzie's twitter page he even says that Lou never even put in a list of acceptable teams. So if that isn't true this whole thing could be BS

Old
06-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Fixed, what I'd be willing to do.
You don't want Raymond?

Old
06-25-2012, 05:16 PM
vanwest

Quote:
if you go look at McKenzie's twitter page he even says that Lou never even put in a list of acceptable teams. So if that isn't true this whole thing could be BS
My own view is that Gillis is guaging what teams have interest in Luongo and then will go to him once he gets an acceptable offer. Or they may have had very preliminart talks about a couple of teams he would consider.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
My view is Gillis tried to be cute and saw a lot of teams that wanted a goalie and thought he could manipulate the market to get way more than Luongo was worth, and instead the majority of those teams found help elsewhere and now Gillis is left holding the bag. But whatever.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:22 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 16000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
You don't want Raymond?
No need for him IMO, and Upshall's spot can be replaced from within the team or UFA.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:22 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB4Norris View Post
My view is Gillis tried to be cute and saw a lot of teams that wanted a goalie and thought he could manipulate the market to get way more than Luongo was worth, and instead the majority of those teams found help elsewhere and now Gillis is left holding the bag. But whatever.
Which teams found help elsewhere that Luongo would have waived for?

Old
06-25-2012, 05:23 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Which teams found help elsewhere? Columbus was likely never an option, and Lindback is not on par with Luongo.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Diamonddog01

I think Gillis is waiting to for Schneider to sign.

As for 'trying to be cute' or 'holding the bag' it doesn't look as though Toronto's, Florida's or Chicago's goaltending situation is any different than it was before.

Once Schneider is signed he'll move him for the best package out there, and then we can discuss that for another 15 threads.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:27 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Elaborate? The only note-worthy goalie movement was Vokoun to Pittsburgh (Luongo was never going there in the first place), and Lindback to Tampa Bay (They probably never had much interest in Luongo but rather in Lindback, Bernier, Schneider.)

Old
06-25-2012, 05:31 PM
HeavyHammer
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Which teams found help elsewhere? Columbus was likely never an option
Go back a couple threads and read some Nucks fans posts. Cbus was mentioned all the time when they were describing how large of a market there was for goalies.

Quote:
Lindback is not on par with Luongo.
He was also cheaper to trade for, is a lot younger, and has an enormously better contract.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:35 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
Go back a couple threads and read some Nucks fans posts. Cbus was mentioned all the time when they were describing how large of a market there was for goalies.

He was also cheaper to trade for, is a lot younger, and has an enormously better contract.
Most Canuck fans knew that Luongo would not waive to go to Columbus. Lindback is the only goalie who has signed to a team that was even rumoured to be in the mix. He's an unproven backup. I don't really see how much has changed. It's only June 25th. HF fans are always so impatient.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:41 PM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
Which teams found help elsewhere? Columbus was likely never an option, and Lindback is not on par with Luongo.
Please explain what that has to do with anything?

Before Lindback Canuck fans were insistent that Tampa Bay was in the running for Luongo, declaring that Yzerman was lying about wanting a yougner goalie and that the financial issue with having two large contracts (Vinny + Luongo) was not an issue. The trade for Lindback proved them wrong, but yet most of these people then immediately started stating Tampa was never in the running, or this new excuse "he isn't on par with Luongo"...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Most Canuck fans knew that Luongo would not waive to go to Columbus. Lindback is the only goalie who has signed to a team that was even rumoured to be in the mix. He's an unproven backup. I don't really see how much has changed. It's only June 25th. HF fans are always so impatient.
Nuck fans still used them as 'proof' of interest. The market everyone was claiming existed has shrunk, even if you feel it is appropriate to take out two of the teams once considered proof of this market.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:44 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post

Luongo and Lindback aren't even in the same stratosphere.

Luongo won more playoff games last year than Lindback played regular season games this year...not wonder he was cheaper.

He's worse and has health concerns...really, I still wonder why so many Lightning fans are hanging out in here...makes no sense.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Gillis is gambling right now, He will either hit a home run, or lose badly.

If schneider gets offer sheeted, he gets burned badly.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post

Unless we get 4 1sts

But I agree Gilis is playing hardball.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:47 PM
AlmightyPO

Quote:

Gillis realistically has all summer. Offer sheet may be to his advantage, as he can just match and have Schneider signed long term

Old
06-25-2012, 05:48 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
Please explain what that has to do with anything?

Before Lindback Canuck fans were insistent that Tampa Bay was in the running for Luongo, declaring that Yzerman was lying about wanting a yougner goalie and that the financial issue with having two large contracts (Vinny + Luongo) was not an issue. The trade for Lindback proved them wrong, but yet most of these people then immediately started stating Tampa was never in the running, or this new excuse "he isn't on par with Luongo"...?

Nuck fans still used them as 'proof' of interest. The market everyone was claiming existed has shrunk, even if you feel it is appropriate to take out two of the teams once considered proof of this market.
That's a generalization. Some Leaf fans said that Toronto was the only option. Most reasonable people on both sides argued that there were a limited number of teams in the mix. I would have said Toronto, Florida and TBay with the third being a long shot. The odds of Luongo waiving to go to Columbus were always remote. People are really stretching to say that the market has shrunk based on Columbus.

Last edited by vanwest: 06-25-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old
06-25-2012, 05:50 PM
VanNucks

Quote:

A bunch of first rounders, and keep Luongo?

Not the best scenario, but I'd take it.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:55 PM
TOML

A lot of talk coming from Columbus' beat writer on Luongo trade proceedings. Is this because they had to settle for Bobrovsky or what? Cheers.

TOML

Closed Thread