HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Habs vs Leafs

Old
06-26-2012, 09:25 AM
BobbyFischer*

vCash: 500
Prospects: Leafs (Rielly... nuff said!!!)
Goalies: Leafs (We will get Luongo, and Optimus Reim is more than up to the task! Price is overrated)
Forwards: Leafs (Kessel, Lupul, Bozak, JVR, are some of the best snipers in the league!)
Defence: Leafs (The only good D the habs have is Markov, Kaberle, and maybe Subban)
Management: Leafs (Burkie, stanley cup champion! nuff said! he knows how to build a winner)
Coaches: Leafs (Carlyle took a depleted Ducks team to the promised land, he is the real deal)

Toronto is the better team now, and in the future.

Last edited by BobbyFischer*: 06-26-2012 at 09:51 AM.
BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:46 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Goalies: Leafs (We will get Luongo, and Optimus Reim is more than up to the task! Price is overrated)
Forwards: Leafs (Kessel, Lupul, Bozak, JVR, are some of the best snipers in the league!)
Defence: Leafs (The only good D the habs have is Markov, Kaberle, and maybe Subban)
Management: Leafs
Coaches: Leafs (Carlyle took a depleted Ducks team to the promised land, he is the real deal)

This.

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:52 AM
noBSleafsFAN

Prospects- Leafs
Goalie- Habs
Forward- Leafs
Defence- Habs
Management- Leafs
Coaches- Leafs

noBSleafsFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Prospect - Leafs. Their AHL team is miles ahead of the Bulldogs.
Goalie - Habs. No Leafs goalie comes close to Price.
Forward - Kessel and Lupul puts Leafs' forward ahead of the Habs. With the addition of JVR, they also got bigger.
Defense - Leafs again. With Markov's health questioned so much, they don't have a #1 dman. Subban also took a step back last year while Gardiner showed up and Phaneuf is still a #1.
Management - newbie GM vs a GM who already won the Cup. Leafs also spend the most on their front office than any other team. Leafs take this.
Coaches - Therrien... sorry but he's a retread. Even half the Habs fanbase hated this hiring.
No he didn't, he didn't put up as many points but he didn't have a bad year, with all the injuries we had Subban played a much more important role on the team then just being a pp guy

As for management, I think the hiring of 15 guys by Bergevin is pretty much going in the same direction

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:23 AM
CHfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Management: Leafs (Burkie, stanley cup champion! nuff said! he knows how to build a winner)

Sounds like you got a Stanley Cup contender there, especially with Burke building that winner the last 4 years.

The Leafs went 8-17-4 in their last 29 games, like the Habs they have a lot of work to do.

CHfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan1 View Post
Sounds like you got a Stanley Cup contender there, especially with Burke building that winner the last 4 years.

The Leafs went 8-17-4 in their last 29 games, like the Habs they have a lot of work to do.
I don't think you detect sarcasm very well

Well I hope he was

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:39 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Who finished higher last year again?
lol wow congrats. The only year you guys manage to be on top of the Habs is the year we both get top 5 picks.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:41 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Leafs have better management yet THAT same management squad said they were not interested in a 5yr rebuild. Burke is entering his 5th season as GM and has no playoffs to show, he has 2 lottery picks (traded one) and still has not figured out you need a goalie to win in the NHL.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Paris in Flames

Prospects- Leafs
Goalie- Canadiens
Forwards- Leafs (for now)
Defence- Canadiens (for now)
Management- No opinion. Burke has more history but I'd need to give the team in Montreal time to actually do some work.
Coaches- Leafs

Paris in Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Cap'n Flavour

Send a message via ICQ to Cap'n Flavour Send a message via MSN to Cap'n Flavour
This is the best thread. And they both suck.

Wash on prospects and D, mostly because it's too early to judge this draft. Habs would be ahead on D if Markov could be counted on for more than 30 games per season. I'd prefer the Habs' prospect pool on Toronto just because of Galchenyuk though.

Toronto on forward, though i like MaxPac and Cole is one of my favourite players. Goal is obviously no contest. Management I take Montreal because Burke talks out his ass and really only has a year left to prove himself. Coaches, meh. I guess I'm a little hopeful about Carlyle so I'll take him.

I don't understand anyone having especially strong feelings or beliefs on any of the categories except goal, where you have to be trolling or stupid to take Toronto.

Cap'n Flavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
I don't think you detect sarcasm very well

Well I hope he was
He's a Habs fan?

Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:17 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Prospects: wash
I think Galchenyuk is the best prospect and is the only elite 1C prospect in either organization, Followed by Rielly for number 2, leafs have more depth habs have more talent IMO.

Defense: wash, Both teams sucked last year outside of a few bright spots on either team, lets wait till this year and see which players go forward and which take a step back, for example If one of Gardiner or Subban goes back that side could lose this pretty quickly, as well the

Forwards: Both teams have the same kind of players with no elite offensive talents, Pacioretty and Kessel are both great players that are the perfect compliment to an elite player such as a thorton or a getzlaf neither though will win on their own. However the leafs have more offensive players then the habs so Leafs win this

Goalie: Habs AINEC, I think you'll see Carey Price take a huge step forward this year and montreal will get to the second round on his back and hopefully a team with man games lost to injury around league average.

Managment: Wash, You can't criticize a new gm then say yours is better when he hasn't made the playoffs in five years and traded away two top ten selections.

Coaching: Both new coaches to there team not fair to ask without a full season performance, Ask me next year Wash

In conclusion both teams suck something fierce right now but I'd wager the Habs are more likely to make the playoffs next year then the Leafs.

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Slick Eller

Subban, Markov and Gorges are better than Phaneuf, who is their best dman.

Can't believe people are taking leafs on D.

Since the lockout, they always been top-5 BAD for goals allowed.

One of the worst defensive team for almost a decade.

Easy Habs on D.

Goalie: Habs
Forward: Leafs
Defence: Habs
Prospect: Habs
Management: Habs
Coaching: Leafs

Overall, Habs, they always better than the Leafs for almost a decade. Even last season, leafs were -33 and Habs -14.

Slick Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:17 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Same **** every summer.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:28 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
Prospects- Leafs
Goalie- Canadiens
Forwards- Leafs (for now)
Defence- Canadiens (for now)
Management- No opinion. Burke has more history but I'd need to give the team in Montreal time to actually do some work.
Coaches- Leafs
Prospects - Habs (not close)
Goalies - Habs (not close)
Forwards - Habs (minus Kessel)
Defence - Habs (not close)
Management - Too early to tell.
Coaches - Leafs.

WolfgangAmadeusEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:29 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Same **** every summer.
This.

WolfgangAmadeusEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Et le But

I hate these because neither side is ever going to be objective but I'll bite anyway.

Prospects - Habs (AHL success is hardly a sign of an elite talent pool. This is close, but after this draft the Habs have more high end talent and more balance between offense and defense, Leafs have more depth though)
Goalies - Habs (nothing to say here)
Forwards - Leafs (Tossup, both teams have no 1C yet, both teams have poorly constructed bottom 6s, Habs have a bit more depth and better centers, but Kessel is better than the Habs top 4 wingers combined)
Defence - Habs (Both have unbalanced defenses, if Markov bounces back it tilts to the Habs)
Management - Too early to tell.
Coaches - Leafs (I don't care what language he speaks, I'd take Carlyle over Therrien any day and it's not really close)

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:33 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

At the end of the day, the OP said which team is better off now and in the future.

Teams are built for the net out, Burke says it himself. Price is by far the best goalie in both systems, Subban is the best d-men out of both teams, and after that you build down the middle, and while both teams seriously lack that, MTL has a head start with Gally.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 07:43 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
How can the Leafs get the edge on management. Burke has been a colossal failure in Toronto. 4 years of missing the playoffs, traded Seguin+Hamilton, no #1C, no #1D, no goalie. Montreal has all of that.

I agree. Rielly+Finn matches Collberg+Thrower.
Phaneuf is a #1D, Montreal does not have a #1C, and i meant Rielly/Galchenyuk are of similar value as are Finn/Collberg/Thrower.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:07 PM
SlowShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
Prospects: wash
I think Galchenyuk is the best prospect and is the only elite 1C prospect in either organization, Followed by Rielly for number 2, leafs have more depth habs have more talent IMO.

Defense: wash, Both teams sucked last year outside of a few bright spots on either team, lets wait till this year and see which players go forward and which take a step back, for example If one of Gardiner or Subban goes back that side could lose this pretty quickly, as well the

Forwards: Both teams have the same kind of players with no elite offensive talents, Pacioretty and Kessel are both great players that are the perfect compliment to an elite player such as a thorton or a getzlaf neither though will win on their own. However the leafs have more offensive players then the habs so Leafs win this

Goalie: Habs AINEC, I think you'll see Carey Price take a huge step forward this year and montreal will get to the second round on his back and hopefully a team with man games lost to injury around league average.

Managment: Wash, You can't criticize a new gm then say yours is better when he hasn't made the playoffs in five years and traded away two top ten selections.

Coaching: Both new coaches to there team not fair to ask without a full season performance, Ask me next year Wash

In conclusion both teams suck something fierce right now but I'd wager the Habs are more likely to make the playoffs next year then the Leafs.
As a Leaf fan this is exactly how I see it. Though if Toronto can get loungo or some proven goalie I think the leafs are more likely to make the playoffs.

SlowShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Leafs have better management yet THAT same management squad said they were not interested in a 5yr rebuild. Burke is entering his 5th season as GM and has no playoffs to show, he has 2 lottery picks (traded one) and still has not figured out you need a goalie to win in the NHL.
His 4th year anniversary will be on Nov 29th.

...or in his past 5 years as a GM, he did make the playoffs.

You can choose.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:16 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
His 4th year anniversary will be on Nov 29th.

...or in his past 5 years as a GM, he did make the playoffs.

You can choose.
This wll be his 5th season as Leafs GM.

Started early in 08-09. I will give him a mulligan on that season.

He has however missed the playoffs the last 3 seasons and for a guy saying that he did not want a complete rebuild, it seems it would have been the smart thing to do.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Prospects - Habs, but it's really close --> Both teams have it pretty good.
Goaltending - Habs by a mile --> Price.
Defense - Habs, but it's really close --> Both cores suck, mostly due to shoddy team systems.
Forwards - Leafs by a mile --> Kessel, Lupul, Grabovski, JvR, blup!
Management - Leafs --> I still believe in Burke.
Coaching - Leafs --> I like Carlyle a lot better than Therrien, just give him a year or two to teach the team a real defensive system.

Overall, I have faith that the Leafs will turn out to be the better team... But it's close!

Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Phaneuf is a #1D,
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Montreal does not have a #1C, and i meant Rielly/Galchenyuk are of similar value as are Finn/Collberg/Thrower.
1st overall pick Morgan Rielly blows future #3C Galchenyuk out of the water.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:57 AM
frankthetank91

Prospects: Leafs
Goaltending: Habs
Forwards: Leafs(Kessel, Lupul, Grabo, JVR plus if Kulemin rebounds and Kadri has a breakout season its not close.
Defense: On paper Leafs, actually Habs for now but I think our D got better without Schenn.
Management: Leafs. Burke is a beast, **** what anyone says.
Coaches: Carlyle the cup winner.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote