HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle and Nail Yakupov (2nd contracts)

Old
06-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

vCash: 500
I wonder if the Miami Heat example is instructive here (you shouldn't start a post with an aside).

Its 2015, and Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov have made the playoffs a few times, and are all getting like 80 points each. They like each other, and they like playing with other young superstars.
Who's to say they don't all sign the same contract for a discount? $5.5 million for 4 years each. With a top-6 filled out with whoever, they're still crazy good. Why leave that situation? Of course, I think that all four of them remaining Oilers has more to do with whether Klefbombber, Teubert, Marincin and Musil turn out to be any good. Because if they don't, Edmonton isn't winning anything with the defense they have now.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
#3 ranked PP in the league last year.......since they were 27th the year before I fail to see how he hurt the Oilers PP(played 2+ minutes a game on the PP)
People just guess when it comes to the Oilers.
They forget they weren't that bad in team stats.

20th in G/G (better than a third of the league)
23rd in GA/G (still upper echelon of bottom third)
3rd in PP
14th in PK

HOWEVER
29th in Wins after trailing in the first
28th in Wins after leading in the first

The team couldn't win because it couldnt come back from a deficit or keep a lead if it had one.
I blame Renney and his boneheaded lines.
This team could have been a lot better than 29th if they had a smarter coach and if the kids had more experience in keeping/catching up to leads. Which they now do.

Stop hating HF. This post is truth.

I do not expect a bottom 5 finish this year.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:00 PM
SIDGENO8771

Eberle - 6-7 per year
RNH - 6-7 per year
Yakupov - 4-6 per year
Hall - 4-6 per year

20 - 26 million per year

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Koto

in a 64M cap world i would expect the four too take up 24-28M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjonny View Post
Just like the Oilers of the 80's they will not be able to afford to keep them all.

Just look at what the salary cap did to Chicago when all their ELC's ended at about the same time.

Edmonton will be no different. As well, if I were a prospect named Justin I would look at this pending brick wall and wonder where will the money for me be coming from.
I didn't know we currently had an owner whos other business was going bankrupt and a financial system in the NHL that will allow him to sell players to cover those losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
True, but the players still liked to get paid. Having a roster full of all-stars isn't easy on the wallet for a small market team.
Small market? Population sure. Hockey fans? Nope.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:39 PM
MW6

Imagine if the Oilers suck so bad they get McKinnon also!?

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Pajaarvi-McKinnon-Eberle

INSANE!!

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:40 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Imagine if the Oilers suck so bad they get McKinnon also!?

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Pajaarvi-McKinnon-Eberle

INSANE!!
Tambo will pick Seth Jones.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:59 PM
MattFromFranklin
Trade Lucic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Tambo will pick Seth Jones.
So, he'll trade back to #2? He'll be a solid addition if Edmonton is able to get him.

MattFromFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:01 PM
dan1el

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
You're right. If Spezza is making $7m, these four should ask for at least that much.
Lol, why don't we wait until they can put up 90+ points in less then 70 games before saying they deserve as much as Spezza. I know he's regressed but when he signed that contract, he had put up 90, 87 and 92 points in 68, 67 and 76 games.

I'm not saying they don't have the potential to be every bit as good as Spezza, but to say they deserve that much because one of the only career PPG players in the league is making that much is a little bit far-fetched, don't you think? Let's wait until even one of them puts up one PPG season.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:07 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
Lol, why don't we wait until they can put up 90+ points in less then 70 games before saying they deserve as much as Spezza. I know he's regressed but when he signed that contract, he had put up 90, 87 and 92 points in 68, 67 and 76 games.

I'm not saying they don't have the potential to be every bit as good as Spezza, but to say they deserve that much because one of the only career PPG players in the league is making that much is a little bit far-fetched, don't you think? Let's wait until even one of them puts up one PPG season.
If the current scoring trend continues then lots of PPG players are a thing of the past. Look at league scoring compared to Spezza's big Pizza Line seasons compared to now. Eberle lead the entire Western Conference in scoring last year for the record.

WarriorofTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
dballislife2

they'll be in trouble for sure, 4 potential 6-9mill per year players

dballislife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
GreatSaveLuongo

Uh if RNH is the next Gretzky, why would he earn less than Eberle and Hall?

RNH >> Eberle > Hall ...

GreatSaveLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
If Edmonton wants to keep them all, they're going to have to sign them with really long contracts at lower cap-hits.

Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Fifty cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
Eberle is gonna be hitting 6M-6.5 if he throws up another 70 point season

I imagine Hall will get atleast 5 if he manages to put together a close to complete season (70+ games) at around the pace he was this year.

RNH will get 5+ also

Yakupov who knows, the rest have already shown enough potential to get 5+ per year, its just staying healthy, and well Hemsky got paid and hes injured all the time, so they'll get paid regardless.

Anything under 5 will not happen. RFA or not. I would wager all of them getting 6+ IMO if things go the way they are going with them potential wise. Sounds like cap hell, but I guess its a good thing to have cap hell when its these types of players.

I think your right about Eberle. He is unreal! If they don't give him 6 - 6.5 someone else will (upon Ufa status)
Hall is a good 5 m
RNH would be close to Eberle if not more. 6 - 7 assuming he keeps progressing
YAKUPOV will want KOVALCHUCK type cash, just watch..

Fifty cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Hyperglide

With inflation of the league plus the new CBA, they are all going to be all making at minimum 5$ mill per season (barring trades or massive injuries). Yakupov could be even more or less seeing as we haven't seen him hit the ice in an NHL uniform yet. Have to wait and see on his performance.

Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Edmonton I think will be willing to pay them all, but my guy feeling tells me they will try to get them all to sign for the same cap hit (like Crosby and Malkin). But one player may play hardball and demand more (like Doughty wanting more than Kopitar) and that is where I think it will begin to get ugly. It can possibly work out (LA did win the cup after all) but this could upset one or more players in the process. This is where I see it falling apart for the Oilers if it happens to fall apart. Guess we have to wait.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty cal View Post
I think your right about Eberle. He is unreal! If they don't give him 6 - 6.5 someone else will (upon Ufa status)
Hall is a good 5 m
RNH would be close to Eberle if not more. 6 - 7 assuming he keeps progressing
YAKUPOV will want KOVALCHUCK type cash, just watch..
maybe.. but I doubt it, Yakupov already comes from a extremely wealthy family I dont think money will be a big deal for him.

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Soundwave

I think the Oilers already have 24 million basically set aside for the four kids long term (avg. of 6 mill per for each of them).

Still plenty of cap room for other areas.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:16 PM
russ99

IMO, RNH will take the longest of the four to develop into a star. He's still a skinny kid (at the draft this weekend) with a more finesse than power game. He's still a very good player, but the numbers may not precisely reflect that.

Eberle is the first to break the bank, then Hall. Then we'll see. Yakupov isn't due to his for his RFA for 3 years.

I'm not so much worried about the Big 4, it's the other players keeping the team not so top-heavy.

Would the Oilers give Gagner $3-4M a season to continue his slow development curve? What about Paajarvi? Dubnyk? And it's not like the Oilers have ready replacements for these guys.

russ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:17 PM
oilersfan87

I could see them all signing for around 5.5-6M per year

oilersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
72 hours ago Yakupov was tthe weakest 1st overall pick in 20 years....now he'll probably want 6.5+ million after his ELC. I love HF boards.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
asumming a cap of +/- 81.5M... (5% increase a year)

Hall: $5.75M-7.50M
RNH: $5.00M-7.00M
Eberle: $6.00M-8.00M (The one I believe will become the best of them)
Yakupov: $4.50M-.5.75M
------------------------------
Total: 21.00M-28.00M

pure assumption, so hard to guess I'd say
in other words, 1/4-1/3 of the Team's Salary Cap
Yeah, I'll go with that.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:42 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
IMO, RNH will take the longest of the four to develop into a star. He's still a skinny kid (at the draft this weekend) with a more finesse than power game. He's still a very good player, but the numbers may not precisely reflect that.

Eberle is the first to break the bank, then Hall. Then we'll see. Yakupov isn't due to his for his RFA for 3 years.

I'm not so much worried about the Big 4, it's the other players keeping the team not so top-heavy.

Would the Oilers give Gagner $3-4M a season to continue his slow development curve? What about Paajarvi? Dubnyk? And it's not like the Oilers have ready replacements for these guys.
Your suggesting Nugent-Hopkins will take the longest to develope into a star when he was on pace for a 71 point rookie season and would have ran away with the Calder if not for his injury as an 18 year old the entire year??????

Yeah no.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:43 PM
McArthur

Ive heard the cap might go back down to 55/year. Its been going up about 5/season since the last cba. If it continues to go up, we are at 68 right now with the potential for 80 by the time they resign yakupov. But rnh and eberle will get around 6.5. Hall needs a bounce back season. And i only hope yakupov stays off the ltir

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:05 PM
OlliMackBjugStud
Touch My Donskoi!

i am not sure what you are all trying to get at anyhow...
let me understand:
- the oilers have 4 potential stars
- the oilers will have to pay them star wages

what, should they have taken crappy players 1st overall so they didnt have to pay them? what are you all suggesting should have happened?

when and if they come to a salary cap wall, they will make trades to address the problem. its not like these guys are worthless, see Stall Jordan.

if they are good they will get paid and have decent value in trade if need be.

sure beats not having good players to pay, no? so whats the lols about?

OlliMackBjugStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:11 PM
A91

Im thinking Eberle and Hall will take the same deal, like kane and Toews did. Except for about 5.5 million
RNH will get around 6 million
Too early to tell for Yakupov, can go anywhere from 4-7

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote