HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle and Nail Yakupov (2nd contracts)

Old
06-25-2012, 11:04 PM
frag2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan87 View Post
I could see them all signing for around 5.5-6M per year
But but but Sens/Flames/TO/Nucks/CBJ/BOS fans think they will only sign if its over 9M!!!!!!!!!

frag2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:20 PM
HockeyRX

i don't see fitting these 4 guys under the cap that difficult because other teams are doing it. the problem i see is that top players come with top ego's. and if one or two of them feel like they are playing in the shadow of another, he/they may want out. also edmonton is not an attractive city as far as living goes.

HockeyRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:22 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRX View Post
i don't see fitting these 4 guys under the cap that difficult because other teams are doing it. the problem i see is that top players come with top ego's. and if one or two of them feel like they are playing in the shadow of another, he/they may want out. also edmonton is not an attractive city as far as living goes.
When was the last time you lived there?

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:25 PM
HockeyRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
When was the last time you lived there?
relax this isn't a personal shot. there is a reason edmonton has a tough time getting free agents, i do not need to live in edmonton to check the weather there.

HockeyRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:36 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

I'm afraid to read the previous pages to see if anyone actually tried to guess Yakupov's second contract.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:42 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
relax this isn't a personal shot. there is a reason edmonton has a tough time getting free agents, i do not need to live in edmonton to check the weather there.
Edmonton has trouble signing free agents because it's a franchise that isn't winning. It had nothing to do with the city.

Edmonton is probably one of the top Canadian teams when comparing FA signings over the last 6 years.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Henrik To Daniel

By then the cap will go up to about 80M if not more so I can see 30M+ tied up to these four players.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:06 AM
tsujimoto74

7.8 million apiece after Buffalo offer sheets each one

No, we're not still mad about Vanek, why do you ask?

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
By then the cap will go up to about 80M if not more so I can see 30M+ tied up to these four players.
There is no way the cap will hit 80 mil with so many teams struggling to stay out of the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post

What's the chances of Buffalo offersheeting one of these guys? I don't think Regier's forgotten.

Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:23 AM
MessierII

Quote:
Except the whole "no signs in Edmonton because of the city" is made up. Calgary has the exact same climate yet you never hear this complaint in regards to Calgary. It's media fabricated. People sign on hockey teams because of the hockey.

Old
06-26-2012, 12:50 AM
judge301

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
250 Million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjonny View Post
Of course we are assuming the Oilers don't pick another top 6 forward at #1 overall next year. Nor do they add any significant pieces to replace Smyth, Khabby, Horcoff, or Hemsky ... The white light at the end of the tunnel is not daylight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
True, but the players still liked to get paid. Having a roster full of all-stars isn't easy on the wallet for a small market team.
Look at team financials brainiac forget about the market size. It is in no way has direct correlation to revenue or profit in the nhl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650X2 View Post
dont forget whoever they pick in top 5 next year.
Dude, really?? How old are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang View Post
They should and they will.

No way there gonna sign at 2nd line money for long term through their primes .

Hell horcoff makes 5.5 on the oilers
Brilliant observation! No other team in the league is burdened with a bad contract from a past management group? I'll let you're astute comment stand for what it is....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjonny View Post
The reality is that the players coming off the books will be replaced by other as expensive players. The rising salaries also mean that they will likely not even be as good as what they are replacing at today's dollars.

Your big 4 top line forwards are all going to want to be paid and will look to each other as their measuring stick. I can see an average of 8.0-8.5 not being out of the question given the rising cap and inflationary pressures in the next 3 years.

The big 4 could all be scoring like its going out of style and they will command top level compensation.

It happened in Chicago and it will happen in Edmonton ... especially if you begin winning. This will be fun to watch.
Chicago's debacle was caused by not qualifying the pending RFAs. As long as the Oilers aren't so stupid this shouldn't be a problem.
Quote:
Really the only reason edmonton finished ahead of them was because of khabbys ridicolous start
.. they were first in west 15 games in and khabby had a .975 save..
And the only reason we finished 29 is Renney stuck with Khabby playing .830 while Dubby was playing .915

Aldo oilers play in the worst division in hockey , while columbus plays in the best

Quote:
You do know all hes managed to do is lead a team to 3 straight first overall selections
whaddasay2stupid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650X2 View Post
oilers never do anything to improve their team aside from stop gaps and 1st overalls. i truly think they will be in bottom 5 again next year.
good thinkun smraty pents...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
If Edmonton wants to keep them all, they're going to have to sign them with really long contracts at lower cap-hits.
maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty cal View Post
I think your right about Eberle. He is unreal! If they don't give him 6 - 6.5 someone else will (upon Ufa status)
Hall is a good 5 m
RNH would be close to Eberle if not more. 6 - 7 assuming he keeps progressing
YAKUPOV will want KOVALCHUCK type cash, just watch..
it'll work out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
72 hours ago Yakupov was tthe weakest 1st overall pick in 20 years....now he'll probably want 6.5+ million after his ELC. I love HF boards.
so were Hall and RNH... Whatever....
Quote:
A real concern I think... However, Detroit isn't the best either and I know dam well players want to win.
Quote:
Checked it... You're right, It's not Miami! Winning drives hockey players. NOT WEATHER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Edmonton has trouble signing free agents because it's a franchise that isn't winning. It had nothing to do with the city.

Edmonton is probably one of the top Canadian teams when comparing FA signings over the last 6 years.
I'm not sure about that but It has gotten easier as the team looks to improve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post

Touche...... nice one....

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:35 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Clear message that the Oilers youngstars are playing with terrible hockey players.
And that doesn't really change next year. Oilers will most likely miss the playoffs and end up with a top 10 pick.

JohnHodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:37 AM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
And that doesn't really change next year. Oilers will most likely miss the playoffs and end up with a top 10 pick.
Actually it does. They recently added someone you may have heard of.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:42 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
I wonder if the Miami Heat example is instructive here (you shouldn't start a post with an aside).

Its 2015, and Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov have made the playoffs a few times, and are all getting like 80 points each. They like each other, and they like playing with other young superstars.
Who's to say they don't all sign the same contract for a discount? $5.5 million for 4 years each. With a top-6 filled out with whoever, they're still crazy good. Why leave that situation? Of course, I think that all four of them remaining Oilers has more to do with whether Klefbombber, Teubert, Marincin and Musil turn out to be any good. Because if they don't, Edmonton isn't winning anything with the defense they have now.

You aren't serious right?

Old
06-26-2012, 01:43 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Actually it does. They recently added someone you may have heard of.
If three of Eberle, RNH, Hall is still the second worst team in the NHL, I doubt adding Yakupov will do much. Look forward to another bottom 10 finish next year.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:47 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoyawit View Post
I have my doubts there bud.
I feel they will all sign similar deals - maybe 5 mill each. Additionally, I feel they will want to be in Edmonton to win some Cups together thus making the negotiations a little more forgiving.
I find this thead entertaining. Now that the draft is done, the Oilers kids value has tripled on these boards and the Oil will never be able to afford them all. So many haters out there wishing their teams had a sniff as to whats being built in Edmonton. Go analyze your own teams clowns - don't worry about the Oilers.
A sniff as to whats being built in Edmonton? Three consecutive first overall picks really warrant good management. Basically you've tanked for your superstar prospects, better brag about it though right? Unlike an actual decent organization like Detroit who are contenders year in and year out without having to tank to be able to produce talent? You take pride in your team failing miserably three years in a row? You're Hall/Eberle/RNH combo brought you to the second worst team in the NHL. I wouldn't be talking about winning multiple cups just yet. Oiler fans getting way ahead of themselves.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:49 AM
MessierII

Quote:
If three of Eberle, RNH, Hall is still the second worst team in the NHL, I doubt adding Yakupov will do much. Look forward to another bottom 10 finish next year.
They improved by 12 points last year. If they improve by another 12 that's 86 points. They could end up with a little more or a little less and very well could end up drafting top 10 but the team is getting better don't kid yourself. This could just as easily be a team that squeaks in as it is a bottom 10 team. These days they're actually isn't much separating the two.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Whoyawit*

Once again this thread is going all wrong. How the ****** does the City of Edmonton end up being chirpped in this thread. Most of this crap is coming from some mook who hasn't been to Etown, and clearly doesn't have a clue.
We'll see soon enough if your well educated theory regarding the weather patterns in Edmonton has anything to do with free agents that will be jumping on board this train that is destined to win some cups.

Whoyawit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:52 AM
JKsilverstick*

Assuming that Yakupov produces similarly to the other 3, and that one or more of them don't drop off the face of the earth, they are all looking at around 6.5 million (at least). Tavares, Kane, Statsny, Nash types are comparables, and their cap hits must be adjusted for the increases in the salary cap.

JKsilverstick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:54 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
They improved by 12 points last year. If they improve by another 12 that's 86 points. They could end up with a little more or a little less and very well could end up drafting top 10 but the team is getting better don't kid yourself. This could just as easily be a team that squeaks in as it is a bottom 10 team. These days they're actually isn't much separating the two.
With your current defense and goaltending? Most likely not. Oilers drafting top 5 again is a definite possibility.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Whoyawit*

Quote:
A sniff as to whats being built in Edmonton? Three consecutive first overall picks really warrant good management. Basically you've tanked for your superstar prospects, better brag about it though right? Unlike an actual decent organization like Detroit who are contenders year in and year out without having to tank to be able to produce talent? You take pride in your team failing miserably three years in a row? You're Hall/Eberle/RNH combo brought you to the second worst team in the NHL. I wouldn't be talking about winning multiple cups just yet. Oiler fans getting way ahead of themselves.
You want to come at me with this?
Name another organization that has won without losing. Didn't the Wings go 40 years without winning a cup? I guess Pitt, ChiTown, and LA should all feel ashamed for their cups.
Let's see how things go in Detriot...getting pretty old and stale around there, no? Additionally, Detroit has rode the same horses for years in key roles on the team. I hope they run on batteries because times are changing in the West.
I do take pride in the Oilers regardless of where they finish in the standings - it's called being a fan for as long as I can remember. You seem to be a little clueless as to what the kids brought to the table for the Oilers last year, and the losing experience while improving will drive their passion for success more than a guy who cheers for a former favorite could ever comprehend.
The Oilers losing ways are changing into winning ways, and times are changing bud. I have a feeling you already know what's coming based the fact you're sitting here trolling anyone who has supported the Oilers.

Whoyawit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:20 AM
MessierII

Quote:
With your current defense and goaltending? Most likely not. Oilers drafting top 5 again is a definite possibility.
Our D and goaltending issues are grossly overstated and our firepower up front will cover for a lot of it anyway. Dubnyk has done nothing but improve since entering the league and our D issues are mostly just lack depth to overcome injuries. Our entire team at every position is young and improving. Like I said we improved by 12 points this year. You think adding Yakupov is going to slow that?

Old
06-26-2012, 02:28 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoyawit View Post
You want to come at me with this?
Name another organization that has won without losing. Didn't the Wings go 40 years without winning a cup? I guess Pitt, ChiTown, and LA should all feel ashamed for their cups.
Let's see how things go in Detriot...getting pretty old and stale around there, no? Additionally, Detroit has rode the same horses for years in key roles on the team. I hope they run on batteries because times are changing in the West.
I do take pride in the Oilers regardless of where they finish in the standings - it's called being a fan for as long as I can remember. You seem to be a little clueless as to what the kids brought to the table for the Oilers last year, and the losing experience while improving will drive their passion for success more than a guy who cheers for a former favorite could ever comprehend.
The Oilers losing ways are changing into winning ways, and times are changing bud. I have a feeling you already know what's coming based the fact you're sitting here trolling anyone who has supported the Oilers.
I stopped reading after you talked about Pittsburgh, Chicago and LA. They had three consecutive first overall picks in a row? No. Those three teams combined have the same amount of first overall picks as EDM, assuming they don't suck enough to get McKinnon next year. You don't have really have the right to brag about such talent, which three of your four were from completely being the worst or second worst team in the league.

Oilers losing ways are changing into winning ways? Just like last year right? You guys are far, far away from being a contending team and frankly as a division rival I am not scared at all.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:30 AM
MessierII

Quote:
I stopped reading after you talked about Pittsburgh, Chicago and LA. They had three consecutive first overall picks in a row? No. Those three teams combined have the same amount of first overall picks as EDM, assuming they don't suck enough to get McKinnon next year. You don't have really have the right to brag about such talent, which three of your four were from completely being the worst or second worst team in the league.

Oilers losing ways are changing into winning ways? Just like last year right? You guys are far, far away from being a contending team and frankly as a division rival I am not scared at all.
So the penguins drafting 1,2,1,2 is somehow infinitely better? You've lost all credibility here.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:30 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Our D and goaltending issues are grossly overstated and our firepower up front will cover for a lot of it anyway. Dubnyk has done nothing but improve since entering the league and our D issues are mostly just lack depth to overcome injuries. Our entire team at every position is young and improving. Like I said we improved by 12 points this year. You think adding Yakupov is going to slow that?
So you went from being the last team in the league to second last? Big improvement. Yakupov will probably score 50-60 points, which isn't a huge deal considering how many holes your lineup consists of. A top 5 pick is a definite possibility and there's really no argument to it.