HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Summer Development Camp

Old
07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Thought CoHo looked fine. His line controlled play regularly and dangerously. *shrug*
Did he see his breakaway speed splitting a few defenders that led to his penalty shot? I thought his skating vastly improved just in that sprint, it was something he was unable to do last year.

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:10 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
I think Wise earns a camp invite from this week. I like what he did throughout.
Maybe Roy, braid, wise all get one?

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Maybe Roy, braid, wise all get one?
Wise and Roy yes. Braid I think is still junior eligible.

07-12-2012, 10:14 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
To be fair, Hodgson really isn't a guy whose game is flashy. His hockey IQ, shot, and vision are what may make him a great NHL player. These things aren't going to be on display in a game of shinny with a bunch of people you've never played with before.
I will take CoHo and his steady game over derek roy's low percentage, across the entire rink, PP killing passes every day

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:15 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Seethers outside fnc if you're interested
What is Brian Burke doing outside the arena?

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:15 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Some more thoughts...

Regier's mood lately has seemed much much more laid back than it used to be. Have to wonder if it has to do with some of the prospects

Lindy on Girgs "It looks like he could be ready".

McNabb looks so under control against the other prospects. Definitely a "man amongst boys".

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:20 PM
kirby11

Dang, Leduc has a cannon of a shot. they had a couple clips of him launching bombs on the highlights from the scrimmage.

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Dang, Leduc has a cannon of a shot. they had a couple clips of him launching bombs on the highlights from the scrimmage.
Was it him that he shot it and it still and juice getting the goal on Ullmark? Cause that once had juice. Fred. Roy looked really good, Girgs made great passes. The defense was nice too. Armia played hardest and best IMO. Him and CoHo. You could tell, and someone else already said it, that Armia plays against full grown men already. Same with Hodgson.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:24 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Even more impressive in person.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Was it him that he shot it and it still and juice getting the goal on Ullmark? Cause that once had juice. Fred. Roy looked really good, Girgs made great passes. The defense was nice too. Armia played hardest and best IMO. Him and CoHo. You could tell, and someone else already said it, that Armia plays against full grown men already. Same with Hodgson.
Yes, that was Leduc shooting on Catenacci's goal.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Note: OP Addition

A/V CLUB

07/12: Mikhail Grigorenko talks to the media after the scrimmage. <2:58>

07/12: Zemgus Girgensons talks to the media after the scrimmage. <2:31>

07/12: Cody Hodgson talks to the media after the scrimmage. <1:22>

07/12: Phil Varone talks to the media after the scrimmage. <1:35>

07/12: Jamie Wise talks to the media after the scrimmage. <0:57>

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Yes, that was Leduc shooting on Catenacci's goal.
Wasn't sure. I am glad I went to the scrim. It was fun and my friends are getting me to like the Sabres (I already did, but they aren't convinced.).

A lot of them looked good out there

Old
07-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Came away quite impressed with a lot of our boys after this one:

Girgensons: Truly a man amongst boys. Finishing checks, backchecking like a man posessed, showing great control and confidence down low and off the cycle, going hard to the net, and flashing way better hands and instincts than many would have thought. Definetely a Top 6 center with elite defensive potential, think Brind'Amour, Kesler, etc. He could be that good.

Grigorenko: You can see the elite vision and hockey IQ, but needs to get stronger/work on his game away from the puck. But man, the Spezza comparisons were justified.

Adam: Definitely an improvement in his skating; initial burst, change of direction and
balance all looked better. Also looks to have better puck skills than I remember.

Pysyk: Silky-smooth, and damn is he smart. His positioning and anticipation are top notch. Not very physical, but I see the smoothness of J-Bo, the positioning of Paul Martin (the good version) and the anticipation/IQ of Tallinder. I'll be very pissed if we trade this kid; he's going to be a great 2-3 for years (and he's a rightie, always a plus).

McNabb: wasn't as impressed with him as some. Seemed a step slow in both reacting and skating. I'm sure he'll be fine though, and I still have hopes he can make the team out of camp.

Catenacci: I think we have a nice 2nd-3rd line role player in the making; great wheels, hustle and definetely some offensive potential there. I do like him
better as a wing than a center, however.

JGL: needs work on his d, but there's some Rafalski in the way he can whip the puck around on the PP. Also has a howitzer of a slapshot.

Roy: I was pretty impressed with this kid. Chippy, ballsy and a good set of hands. Was fearless in going to the net. He reminded me of Tim Kennedy with more agitating ability and I could see him finding his niche somewhere on an NHL roster one day. Definitely a sleeper

Finehage: he's probably not an NHL'er, but this guy is a tough SOB with intangibles. I could see him finding a home as a rugged #7 or the leader of an AHL blueline one day. You could see him directing traffic and taking lots of initiative.

Ullmark: came away very impressed; you could do far worse in the 6th round than Linus Ullmark. Lieuwen?not so much.

And it was great to meet some fellow HF'ers! Paradigm, great to meet you in person!

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving Zisman View Post
Came away quite impressed with a lot of our boys after this one:
Girgensons: Truly a man amongst boys. Finishing checks, backchecking like a man posessed, showing great control and confidence down low and off the cycle, going hard to the net, and flashing way better hands and instincts than many would have thought. Definetely a Top 6 center with elite defensive potential, think Brind'Amour, Kesler, etc. He could be that good.

Grigorenko: You can see the elite vision and hockey IQ, but needs to get stronger/work on his game away from the puck. But man, the Spezza comparisons were justified.

Adam: Definetely an improvement in his skating; initial burst, change of direction and
balance all looked better. Also looks to have better puck skills than I remember.

Pysyk: Silky-smooth, and damn is he smart. His positioning and anticipation are top notch. Not very physical, but I see the smoothness of J-Bo, the positioning of Paul Martin (the good version) and the anticipation/IQ of Tallinder. I'll be very pissed if we trade this kid; he's going to be a great 2-3 for years (and he's a rightie, always a plus).

McNabb: wasn't as impressed with him as some. Seemed a step slow in both reacting and skating. I'm sure he'll be fine though, and I still have hopes he can make the team out of camp.

Catenacci: I think we have a nice 2nd-3rd line role player in the making; great wheels, hustle and definetely some offensive potential there. I do like him
better as a wing than a center, however.

JGL: needs work on his d, but there's some Rafalski in the way he can whip the puck around on the PP. Also has a howitzer of a slapshot.

Roy: I was pretty impressed with this kid. Chippy, ballsy and a good set of hands. Was fearless in going to the net. He reminded me of Tim Kennedy with more agitating ability and I could see him finding his niche somewhere on an NHL roster one day. Definitely a sleeper

Finehage: he's probably not an NHL'er, but this guy is a tough SOB with intangibles. I could see him finding a home as a rugged #7 or the leader of an AHL blueline one day. You could see him directing traffic and taking lots of initiative.

Ullmark: came away very impressed; you could do far worse in the 6th round than Linus Ullmark. Lieuwen?not so much.

And it was great to meet some fellow HF'ers! Paradigm, great to meet you in person!
I met none of you I probably saw a lot of you. I was wearing a black AGH with #81 on the back. I saw Cody Hodgson driving too. I didn't make the connection till he was already in front of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
What is Brian Burke doing outside the arena?

Old
07-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Pass McGass

vCash: 911
Quote:
Wasn't sure. I am glad I went to the scrim. It was fun and my friends are getting me to like the Sabres (I already did, but they aren't convinced.).

A lot of them looked good out there
Lol, welcome! I moved out to Westchester 2 years ago, and quickly became a Rangers (as a 2nd team) fan. At the time, Drury was still on the team, Kennedy was in the A with the Rangers, and they picked up Biron shortly after I moved. I've also been a huge fan of Lundqvist since he joined the league, and I LOVE Callahan's game. It was pretty much a no brainer

Pass McGass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:13 PM
PuckSim8

I'm surprised so few reviews mention Wise's hat trick. His third goal was beautiful and his second was a hell of a quick release.

PuckSim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:23 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Grigorenko- As of right now. RIGHT NOW. He is not NHL ready. He has very nice hands and vison but right now he is close but not yet.

Armia- Meh.....Still one of the best out there

Girgs- Looked steady. Scored a beauty of a goal. Everyone looked a bit out of it though.

Lepowski- (spelling) Looked very good!!!!

Leduc- He's impressive.. him and Pysyk looked good

McNabb was mehh as well. I expected more

Foligno was a beast, Coho played pretty good I mean hes not on the same motivational ladder as some of these guys

SabresBillsBuffalo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckSim8 View Post
I'm surprised so few reviews mention Wise's hat trick. His third goal was beautiful and his second was a hell of a quick release.
3rd goal was nice.... 2nd goal was a okay shot haha

SabresBillsBuffalo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:28 PM
beerme1

Quote:
It was nice that someone threw a hat on the ice. I'm sure a lot of these guys were thrilled to be there Definately an event worth attending

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Like I said, this gets him a training camp invite at least. I like the consistent taking of the body.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:31 PM
sabresfan129103

It's disappointing to hear that Lieuwen hasn't looked good.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Zemgus: I don't think the Navy Seals training was that hard, I thought the hardest part was waking up at 4:30 in the morning.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:34 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

This Jamie Wise can fight too. He has a mean left, reminds me of Brad May a bit with the left.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass McGass View Post
Lol, welcome! I moved out to Westchester 2 years ago, and quickly became a Rangers (as a 2nd team) fan. At the time, Drury was still on the team, Kennedy was in the A with the Rangers, and they picked up Biron shortly after I moved. I've also been a huge fan of Lundqvist since he joined the league, and I LOVE Callahan's game. It was pretty much a no brainer
Spreading the love. I always have enjoyed Sabres hockey. Ever since I was a little kid i visited friends(i guess) and family in the Buffalo area
Now with the nice sale, I picked up:

and here are some pictures if anyone wants:

was Seether show after the game let out

Old
07-13-2012, 12:15 AM
ttcminaker

How does San Jose , who has one of the prospect pools in the league, let Phil Varone walk away without signing him. The guy is a player and I think we are going to have to have the discussion about him playing in the bottom six for the Sabres in the next couple years. Small but very stocky. He has terrific hockey sense and is a real hard worker.

Was glad I went to the scrimmage tonight.

-Another year in Quebec will do wonders for Grigerenko. More strength will allow him to dominate and make those terrific feeds. His hands are world class.
-Armia has the size and skills but he looked a little tired as did a lot of the guys after the tough week.
-Foligno jerseys dominate the arena but I think Girgs jerseys will rival them pretty soon.
-I hope Roy gets a chance, he earns it with his work ethic
-Hopefully Wise gets a shot at an AHL tryout as well, he worked hard tonight and made his breaks.
-Nelson looks like he has a tenacious game that might let him go pro
-Sundher works hard and uses his speed well
-Cat is tenacious and has great wheels. The wing might suit him.
-Pysyk, Leduc and Mcnabb should grow nicely as a group in Rochester this year.
-I thought Hodgson played well out there. Very many heady setups which were just missed being knocked in.
- I like Peterson's speed and puck skills. Might be a sleeper.
-Navin is a solidly built kid with pro potential down the road.

ttcminaker is offline   Reply With Quote