HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR-Dallas

Old
06-25-2012, 06:44 PM
ubercanucksfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Any chance we could get Anisimov?

Instead of Dubinsky, I mean.
Out of curiosity-I don't follow the east as much as I should- why all the Dubinsky hate? I thought he was really good, a Kesler of sorts

ubercanucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercanucksfan View Post
Out of curiosity-I don't follow the east as much as I should- why all the Dubinsky hate? I thought he was really good, a Kesler of sorts
he had a bad yr so people are on his arse.......he's a good player and still young

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
No from a rangers perspective. Lateral move and if Dubinsky rebounds (which he should) he'll be much more productive than Ott.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

To me this sucks. Dubinsky is a good player that had a bad year. Trading him in any deal that doesn't involve a big scorer coming back is crazy.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

How much more would Stars fan want in this deal:

Steve Ott
Michael Ryder

Artem Anisimov or Brandon Dubinsky
Christian Thomas
2nd round pick

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
I'd take it.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

I'd wait on Ryder until the deadline.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:13 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust View Post
Most NYR fans value Anisimov over Dubinsky because Anisimov's 40 point production @ 1.8M is a lot more cap-friendly than Dubinsky's 34 points @ 4.2M

I doubt Anisimov leaves before Dubi.
For the record, he doesn't speak for "most NYR fans"--particularly not when he misrepresents the facts (ie- using AA's numbers from two years ago in comparison with Dubi's numbers from last year. AA has only cracked 40+ points once. He's never had a 20 goal season. Dubinsky has cracked 50+ once, 40+ four times, and 20 goals twice. There's a reason Dubinsky has the higher paycheck. He's by far the better player).

I could be interested in Robidas, though (haven't seen him play in a couple of years). Does he play the right side? What's his salary/duration of contract look like? He might be overmatched for 22 minutes of ice per game at his age, but as a veteran presence on the 3rd pair, with maybe 15-18 minutes per game? He might be a perfect fit.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
For the record, he doesn't speak for "most NYR fans"--particularly not when he misrepresents the facts (ie- using AA's numbers from two years ago in comparison with Dubi's numbers from last year. AA has only cracked 40+ points once. He's never had a 20 goal season. Dubinsky has cracked 50+ once, 40+ four times, and 20 goals twice. There's a reason Dubinsky has the higher paycheck. He's by far the better player).

I could be interested in Robidas, though (haven't seen him play in a couple of years). Does he play the right side? What's his salary/duration of contract look like? He might be overmatched for 22 minutes of ice per game at his age, but as a veteran presence on the 3rd pair, with maybe 15-18 minutes per game? He might be a perfect fit.
RH, 2 years at 3.3. He should be in a 2nd pair role, but if a team has a ton of better defensemen, like say the Rangers do, a 3rd pairing role on a cup contending team would be ideal

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote