Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perttu Lindgren

Old
05-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Pilot

vCash: 500
Perttu Lindgren

Is he going to come back to North America and try to crack the Stars in the future ?

What is his upside if he does ?

Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
Is he going to come back to North America and try to crack the Stars in the future ?

What is his upside if he does ?
I think that Lindgren won't be back in NA. Just because he probably wouldn't take two-way contract and play in AHL anymore. More probable destination for him would be the KHL.

But, if he suprises me and comes back, in best case he could be maybe a 2nd line center. Not in Dallas though.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:27 PM
txomisc

id love to see the stars give him another shot, especially if we lose Brad Richards. He'd has the upside of a 2nd line center, IMO. I think something like Benn-Lindgren-Vincour could work.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 03:40 PM
glovesave_35
Name

He seems like a guy who will stay in Europe and have a very good career there. Big fish small pond type of thing. IIRC the knocks on him at the AHL level were a lack of toughness/unwillingness to go to the dirty areas.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:06 AM
inxs

Lindgren have the potential to be our second center but in the same time, i think it's the last chance to him to have a opportunity in nhl.

Nice season this year in finland with lukko team. If i remember it's yarri kuri is the contact between dallas and finland association. Time will see.

inxs

inxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:33 PM
KiedisA

His future is in the KHL.. He did some damage in the SM-Liiga but he certainly went missing when it mattered the most. He scored much of his points against the worst teams and Lukko as a team played the way which didn't get much appreciation.. After scoring 66 points, his +- was only 14(25th) and he played almost no PK.

So the numbers isn't the only thing. If he wants to go to Austin and give it a try, I'm all for it, but in the end have major doubts about him as a NHLer

Last edited by KiedisA: 06-13-2011 at 12:47 PM.
KiedisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

He struggled with the physicality of the AHL. He would only be able to produce un a top 2 line in the NHL, he's too scared of contact to ever show his skills though. Belongs in Europe.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 06:58 PM
BDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiedisA View Post
He did some damage in the SM-Liiga but he certainly went missing when it mattered the most.
Partially true, but he was the best player along with Petruzalek against KalPa in the playoffs. HIFK series was bad for the whole team.

Quote:
He scored much of his points against the worst teams
Uhm, no. Some examples:

Against

Ässät 7 4+11=15
HIFK 4 3+3=6

Though against JYP: 4 games 0+0=0

Quote:
Lukko as a team played the way which didn't get much appreciation..
Elaborate, please. Lukko was 3rd in final standings.

Quote:
he played almost no PK.
He played suprisingly much PK. I'd even say he played it too much.

BDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 08:29 PM
KiedisA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDX View Post
Partially true, but he was the best player along with Petruzalek against KalPa in the playoffs. HIFK series was bad for the whole team.

Uhm, no. Some examples:

Against

Ässät 7 4+11=15
HIFK 4 3+3=6

Though against JYP: 4 games 0+0=0

Elaborate, please. Lukko was 3rd in final standings.

He played suprisingly much PK. I'd even say he played it too much.

Not talking about the standings here.. They played some good games all through the season but Lukkos way of adding the score to build the stats in some games wasn't exactly respectful. I remember a couple games against then-struggling TPS and a couple more when Lindgren played only on the PP when they were 3, 4 goals up. Clearly just to make him to score more points. That was talked about during season ´cause all Finnish hockey fans don't see that as a bad thing..

Games against Ässät were always his best but as you probably know, anything can happen in those games. Those are games full of special teams and when Lindgren was deadly on the PP, other than that he was quiet all through the games.

And he certainly didn't play in the high-pressure PK situations at all.. Sure he did play some, as I said, but mainly the last 20 -25 seconds which I guess was as much to change the flow of the game after the PK as to kill the remaining time of it.

His style is much more suitable for the KHL and I can see him being a 2nd liner there but N-America is not for him.

KiedisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 04:48 AM
kSa

Certainly his playstyle is not the most suitable for NHL, but with the right tools and players it can be really deadly also (1.-2. line). At times he was just dominating in SM-Liiga and was clearly the best player of his team in almost every game.

He did play good playoffs in my opinion, but the thing what he needs to work on is the physics. I dont think hes physically in the needed condition for NHL. He had a rough year. Playing almost every game without any big injuries thought. But I could see that he had quite some of small injuries during the season. He also had plenty of fever days, once even up to 2 weeks. A wrist injury in which time he did 9 points in 5 games. Missing the last game of the regular season and 2nd game of the playoffs.

Those games you could really see why we needed him. The skill level of the team decreased by alot and they couldnt even make half of the scoring opportunities. Losing to Pelicans 1-2 which ended up the last and against Kalpa which we lost 3-0 when he wasnt playing. Next game he came back and he did a really nice move at the defensive end and tricked 2 players. Which then ended up in game winning goal. Sadly I think it was the next game where he got hit with a stick to his hand after a play. After he took his glove off and shaked his hand abit. He changed his playstyle to more passive and was more at the blueline on PPs. Could that it had some effect on his playing in the end as there was pretty much no rest between.

About the PK. He was suprisingly good but he played only short periods. At the end of the season he started to take care of his defensive duty more carefully. I think there was like 10 games streak where he didnt go to minus at all. The plusminus isnt only his fault, but more that the defensemen were just horrible, especially at the start of the season. That is where he got the most minus but it was fine because his line was really keeping Lukko up by scoring up to 4-5 goals at times.

When the playoffs started there was like 1 day between the games in most cases. Next series started after 1 day of rest also. The best part was the 4 games during _5_ days.. Thats wayyy too much. The quality of the games were sometimes just terrible.

Only reason I see why he wouldnt make it to NHL is his physique and this could give also troubles at the own end at the same time. He will need players that can adapt to his playstyle or otherwise it wont work so well.

kSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 06:52 AM
ScubaSteve*

Lindgren is a fringe NHLer at best. I would be surprised if he makes it back to North America.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Snipeshow

Sorry to bump this, just a question regarding Lindgren. I'm in a huge 30 team, 70 man rosters fantasy league and looking to trim my roster, but Lindgren has been putting up stud numbers overseas.

Is there any hope of him coming over/playing in the NHL or should I just cut ties with the guy.

Cheers guys, appreciate it.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:39 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Cut ties. His game is built for Europe.

Or in other words, his number has been crossed out on the cave wall.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Definitely a European player. Definitely a fan though!

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:08 PM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Sorry to bump this, just a question regarding Lindgren. I'm in a huge 30 team, 70 man rosters fantasy league and looking to trim my roster, but Lindgren has been putting up stud numbers overseas.

Is there any hope of him coming over/playing in the NHL or should I just cut ties with the guy.

Cheers guys, appreciate it.
agree that lindgren will not come back, but gotta ask who you'd replace him with in a fantasy league with 2100 players! wouldn't that include most all nhl, ahl, khl, sm-liiga, and elitserien rosters?!

ginblossoms is online now   Reply With Quote