HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Things Parise Thread Part V - Saga Genesis (Mod Warning Post #247, OP)

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Fayne Staley
Sather is better

vCash: 500
Well at least Drew is Zach's legit friend

Crosby and Suter, yea not so much.

Randy J Miller, the Flyers writer with all the tweets on Crosby/Parise said on twitter he just relied what he was hearing from Pittsburgh reporters at the draft...and I bet Pierre was leading the damn way.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Have it on rock-solid authority that while Pgh. has received expressions of interest in D Paul Martin, he’s not being actively shopped now.
To be clear, point is not that Martin is untouchable and guaranteed to not be traded. Rather, that Penguins aren't offering him around now.
Well, that makes no sense. They traded Michalek and are hanging onto Martin? How bizarre.

But ya, if they don't trade him, they don't have room for both Parise and Suter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
And that would be tampering
There's been so much tampering with Parise that the word has honestly ceased to have any meaning now.

Hopefully Lou signs him soon and makes it all moot.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
What are you drunk? Of COURSE he is bringing him to Buffalo through tampering and somehow WE will lose draft picks in the process.
They will say Parise called Stafford to his house, and tried to get Stafford to demand a trade to NJ

NJ Lose the next 4 1st Rounders

Old
06-25-2012, 07:55 PM
The 29th Pick
BetterThan LastYear

these stories might be a good thing.....Zach might decide instead of choosing one friend over another......he'll just stick with a good thing....the Devs

Old
06-25-2012, 07:56 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Now the Sabres fans have started with the "he's signing here because Stafford is his best friend!"

Wonderful. Another delusional fanbase to spread bunk rumours and post fantasy lineups.
WHAT THE HELL, SAUGUS? ISN'T THIS TAMPERING ANYMORE??? I MEAN IT'S STILL NOT JULY 1ST!!!

Good lord.....I bet if it were any other team this was being done to, tampering charges would've been filed YESTERDAY.

God I hope Lou goes after all these teams that tampered.....I would sure love to have their 1st-rounders.....

Old
06-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Fayne Staley
Sather is better

I hope the pens hang on to toilet tissue. is there a d-man softer then him in the league?

Old
06-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
Well at least Drew is Zach's legit friend

Crosby and Suter, yea not so much.

Randy J Miller, the Flyers writer with all the tweets on Crosby/Parise said on twitter he just relied what he was hearing from Pittsburgh reporters at the draft...and I bet Pierre was leading the damn way.
This. And no, I don`t see him signing with Buffalo either.

All this "he`s buddy with Crosby, their parents sat together during the Finals" crap makes my ears bleed.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:00 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

In Parise's head right now:

So I just came within 2 wins of a Stanley Cup with an organization that is determined to get itself back to it's winning tradition.

I share a locker room with 2 life time members of the organization who have been very well taken care of.
One who took a hometown discount and intends to continue with the franchise beyond retirement.

There's one vet who was developed by the team that was traded away, but begged to come back to the team.
Another vet who demanded a trade to the team and turned his game around again.

I've got a Calder finalist who looks up to me as a role model.
And several retired players are still hanging around as the teams biggest cheerleaders.

I'm clearly on a team that takes care of its players and that many, despite choosing to leave,decide they want to come back.

But, **** IT, I'm gonna play with my BFFLs.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
He couldn't just be visiting because they are, in fact, really good friends and the guy happens to be the best man in Parise's upcoming wedding, right?

Nah... course not.
Nope, everything must have an ulterior motive, and clearly sending Stafford was Pegula's master plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
Wait a second, so he heard this from the idle draft floor chatter of Penguins writers, none of whom were willing to publish this rumour themselves? Sounds like a real solid source.

And ya, Pierre does seem a little too informed about and invested in what the Penguins are doing. He does know Shero personally, and might be privy to some of their plans. Wouldn't put it past them to tamper with Parise with Pierre as a media mouthpiece.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:

So I just came within 2 wins of a Stanley Cup with an organization that is determined to get itself back to it's winning tradition.

I share a locker room with 2 life time members of the organization who have been very well taken care of.
One who took a hometown discount and intends to continue with the franchise beyond retirement.

There's one vet who was developed by the team that was traded away, but begged to come back to the team.

And several retired players are still hanging around as the teams biggest cheerleaders.

I'm clearly on a team that takes care of its players and that many, despite choosing to leave,decide they want to come back.

Plus coaching (system/person), plus Larsson and other prospects in the pipeline. It`s not like we don`t have any. lol

Old
06-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Fayne Staley
Sather is better

Quote:
Nope, everything must have an ulterior motive, and clearly sending Stafford was Pegula's master plan.

Wait a second, so he heard this from the idle draft floor chatter of Penguins writers, none of whom were willing to publish this rumour themselves? Sounds like a real solid source.

And ya, Pierre does seem a little too informed about and invested in what the Penguins are doing. He does know Shero personally, and might be privy to some of their plans. Wouldn't put it past them to tamper with Parise with Pierre as a media mouthpiece.

Quote:
RandyJMiller @evil_shero so what was said about Crosby & Parise was legitimate and not gossip?
Expand

Randy Miller Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller

@thegenerel Just figured people would be interested in what I heard. If Parise signs elsewhere, reporters who told me info got it wrong
And I remember reading a rumor during the season where a poster here stated how Pierre was on a radio station, talking about how a player sent him a text about Parise signing or something to that effect and this team would be a power house.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

This STILL makes me wonder what the hell Trav Trav did to Zach to get him off his BFF list? He is the ONLY friend in the league that apparently does not count.

Maybe Steve confused even Zach and he thinks Trav Trav is actually Shanahan?

Old
06-25-2012, 08:10 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Plus coaching (system/person), plus Larsson and other prospects in the pipeline. It`s not like we don`t have any. lol
I had to cut myself short before I started writing a novel, but I knew I was going to miss something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
This STILL makes me wonder what the hell Trav Trav did to Zach to get him off his BFF list? He is the ONLY friend in the league that apparently does not count.

Travycakes took a baseball bat to Zach's knee.
Once healthy, Zachypoo retaliated with a swipe at his leg with a tire iron.

The real reason for their injuries. No one wanted to report the truth.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:

You left out:

"I've got several kids in the pipeline that can grow up to be great players."

"I have a team, a locker room, and a system designed to grow around me."

"I have a GM who, despite knowing my brother wasn't a great player, took him aboard anyway as a sign of respect and loyalty to his own" (too bad for the career-ender, though. feel legit sorry for jordan)

"I have an organisation who treats its members, past and present, as family asking for nothing but loyalty and selflessness in return."

If Zach leaves, it's only for the money. It's not going to be to "win now" or to play with his buddies or to be at home or whatever the ****. It's going to be the money and whether the difference, to him, is worth it.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

To be fair, Pierre has been beating the Parise and Penguins drum for a while since early this season. At least he's being consistent. I have no doubt if the reporters are mentioning it, there is at least a little bit of smoke.

Thankfully we are now inside of a week with this nonsense. Hopefully it all ends sometime Sunday evening or early Monday.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Well, if he chooses to go to Pittsburgh, the reason is a "win now" mentality. I`d be very disappointed in him if that`s the reason he throws all those things mentioned above out of the window. I`d be even more disappointed if money is the reason he leaves.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:30 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Tamper.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

I wouldn't be that upset if he left and honestly wouldn't lose sleep over it, but that's just how I approach these things anymore. He's a UFA. He's free to do as he pleases and the situation he wants for himself. It would be a blow in the short-term, but if Lou is up to the task he should be able to be creative and enterprising in making some moves and build the team up again in short order.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:37 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Somewhere down the road, Lou will strike back and make those GM's/Players from other teams pay for their tampering.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:44 PM
downtown56

Parise should ask Paul Martin how his "win now" situation is working out for him.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

This close to UFA, tampering has almost no meaning anymore. Parise knows he's going to get big offers, waiting another week to find out what they are probably won't influence anything. If Lou wanted to avoid this circus he would have gotten it done sooner when our negotiating time was truly exclusive.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:47 PM
KohoDonuts88

Quote:
This close to UFA, tampering has almost no meaning anymore. Parise knows he's going to get big offers, waiting another week to find out what they are probably won't influence anything. If Lou wanted to avoid this circus he would have gotten it done sooner when our negotiating time was truly exclusive.
With all of the deals that are going to get signed within the first hour, there is plenty of tampering going on.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:48 PM
jjp24Devils
Captain Sal

Hey, maybe Zach's many friendships will help us in the end. After we resign him, he can convince his good friend Suter to sign here cheap.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp24Devils View Post
Hey, maybe Zach's many friendships will help us in the end. After we resign him, he can convince his good friend Suter to sign here cheap.
His good friend Crosby is a free agent next year too

Old
06-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter White View Post
With all of the deals that are going to get signed within the first hour, there is plenty of tampering going on.
Yep. Hossa got his cap circumvention contract like 20 minutes after free agency started, no way in hell they got it negotiated that fast. It really is brazen the way they openly tamper like that, but nobody calls anybody else out on it because they all want to reserve the right to do it too.

Closed Thread