HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny to Dallas

Old
06-25-2012, 06:50 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
My god, Avs fans are overvaluing all of their centers.

ROR is the next Patrice Bergeron.

Duchene will be an 80-90 point center.

Statsny is a PPG elite two-way center.

Get real FFS. They're not that good.
ROR could have gotten Selke consideration this year, but he's only in his 3rd year. A couple more years like this one and he's a finalist/winner.

Duchene was scoring on the same pace as Tavares for their first 2 seasons. Tavares scored 81 this year. Is there a reason to believe Duchene can't do the same with a full healthy year (and competent coaching)?

Stastny is a career .875 PPG, which is better than either Sedin, Lecavalier, and Rick Nash, and only a little behind elite guys like Iginla and Gaborik. Yeah, he's obviously not very good.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Acquiring Stastny for the price we want to pay is ludicrous. I don't want him here in Dallas, anyway. I know we need a center but Stastny isn't the answer given his contract, decline, and recent spat of injuries. I'm not gonna slight him because he's a great hockey player and can produce wonderful numbers, but he's not going to be cheap right now given his age and the fact he IS a good centerman. In a year you can probaby get a 1st and a solid prospect/nhl ready player for him, but you're definitely not getting an asset like Benn or Eriksson. An offer of Dal 1st 2013, Larsen, and Reilly Smith for Stastny and Tyson Barrie would be as far as I'd go, but that wouldn't be a good move for Dallas or Colorado.

Trade him to Calgary for Bouwmeester if you want an "elite" hockey-trade return. But if I were Colorado I wouldn't because Duchene's been awful the past year and a half, and while ROR has been great, his potential isn't first line center quality, but he is very very very good. Top flight 2C right there.

Modo I am disappointed you had to propose a trade for Stastny.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Tim Connolly was (nearly) a PPG centre from 2008-2010. I guess we can demand Eriksson and Benn for him too
Yeah and Stastny is obviously the same age as Connolly and has the same injury history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
I know he is. Point I was making is you can't expect ridiculous value for your players because they've had good seasons in the past. I'm looking at Stastny's last two years and frankly I'm not too impressed.
Right, and then you jump on your other account and post a Kadri-Bozak package for Stastny.

DOn't be IMPRESSED.....WE DON'T ****ING CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN THE AVS JUST KEEP THEIR PLAYERS???

Hey Penguins, the Avs would like to offer you 20 1st round draft picks for Crosby!!!

What do you mean NO?!?!?!? Hey Crosby is awesome but he's NOT worth 20 ****ing first round draft picks!!!!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:08 PM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

Alex Goglioski and a 1st rounder in 2013.

06-25-2012, 07:22 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
No thanks

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:25 PM
cgf

I don't get why people are so set on trading for Stastny. Why can't the Avs be happy to have 3 quality scoring lines and why is it so hard to believe the Avs want to keep their best center while their two youngsters develop behind him?

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:28 PM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
I doubt that. Statsny hasn't been a PPG centre for 2 years, there is simply no way he gets a player more valuable than him.

Avalanche may want that but they would never get it. A couple of prospects and a draft pick could probaboly get him.
Then guess what? The Avs aren't going to trade him. It's not like the team is trying to "dump" him.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:46 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I don't think the Avs and Stars are good trading partners for one another. The Avs greatest needs are a dynamic offensive winger or a long-term partner for Erik Johnson. I don't think that the Stars would want to part with Eriksson, and I don't feel that Goligoski and EJ would mesh well together as a pairing.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Quote:
I doubt that. Statsny hasn't been a PPG centre for 2 years, there is simply no way he gets a player more valuable than him.

Avalanche may want that but they would never get it. A couple of prospects and a draft pick could probaboly get him.
Nor has Eriksson.

Stastny is a good hockey player, and so is Eriksson. If you want quality you have to give up quality. Stastny for Eriksson straight up is not a lopsided deal.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Amidst all the nonsense going on here, I would make this deal.

Duskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskog View Post
Amidst all the nonsense going on here, I would make this deal.

Thats great and all but i can guarantee that would never be offered from our front office

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
Thats great and all but i can guarantee that would never be offered from our front office
Guarantee eh.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

You know what I'm going to jump in defense of the Avs fans here. Obi and Latvian, you guys are acting like every other fanbase does when they try to get one of our core players in a thread.

Other fans: "What's it take to get Benn/Loui?"
Stars fans: "Massive overpayment, think "insert bluechip #1 line player."
Other fans: "WHAT THATS RIDICULOUS. No one's going to pay you that price because of blah blah blah."
Stars fans: "Fine.. we'll keep him? You proposed this offer."

Lay off the Avs fans for defending their player and asking overpayment for someone they're not looking to trade. It's obvious that Paul Stasnty is worth more to their organization than he is to Dallas, so just move on.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Phil Connors*

As a Stars fan I'm siding more with the Av's fans on why they wont trade Stasnty for anything less than Eriksson(although they would clearly have to add). Doesn't make sense for them. /thread

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:14 PM
StarsCaptainOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkmtv com View Post
Nor has Eriksson.

Stastny is a good hockey player, and so is Eriksson. If you want quality you have to give up quality. Stastny for Eriksson straight up is not a lopsided deal.

StarsCaptainOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:33 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCaptainOU View Post
care to explain?

Stastny had a rough last 2 seasons, but he also put up 78 and 79 points (both more than Eriksson's career highs) in his best 2 years which honestly were not that long ago. Yes Eriksson has been better recently.

Stastny also plays a more important position than Eriksson, so yeah I'd say it would be pretty fair 1-for-1

Old
06-25-2012, 08:34 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
care to explain?

Stastny had a rough last 2 seasons, but he also put up 78 and 79 points (both more than Eriksson's career highs) in his best 2 years which honestly were not that long ago. Yes Eriksson has been better recently.

Stastny also plays a more important position than Eriksson, so yeah I'd say it would be pretty fair 1-for-1
No it wouldn't.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Stastny and Eriksson are comparable, but the problem is Stastny doesn't appear as successful because of his linemates the past couple years. His assist totals being down and all.

Honestly, I don't know why people ask for any of our centers if they aren't prepared to pay the price they will cost, we have one of the league's deepest center cores but it's also made up of maturing guys in O'Reilly/Duchene, making it illogical to move Stastny. And we're sure as hell not moving one of the young guys before we see what their ceilings are.

Gogo + 1st was a good offer, but I agree with Soundwave in that I'm not sure we would do it still.

Eriksson would be a good offer to discuss around, but I don't trust Duchy/O'Reilly to run the show on their own.

The result is just that we should let this topic rest, rather than continue bashing eachother's players.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:49 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
No it wouldn't.
Even though it really is, we're not gonna trade Stas for atleast another full year, and the Stars probably will never trade Loui (and for good reason)

Old
06-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
You know what I'm going to jump in defense of the Avs fans here. Obi and Latvian, you guys are acting like every other fanbase does when they try to get one of our core players in a thread.

Other fans: "WHAT THATS RIDICULOUS. No one's going to pay you that price because of blah blah blah."

Lay off the Avs fans for defending their player and asking overpayment for someone they're not looking to trade. It's obvious that Paul Stasnty is worth more to their organization than he is to Dallas, so just move on.
Amen

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
No it wouldn't. It doesn't matter what your perceived value of him is, he isn't a #2 center and wouldn't be moved for that low of an asking price. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize Stazz would see huge point increases playing with Ryder, Benn, Erikson, Ott, or even Morrow, compared to what he has played with the past few years.
Than what is he? A first line centre who only puts up 60 points?

And don't bring up his first years. He hasn't played like that in a long time.

There is hardly any hockey trades anymore, it's almost always prospects/futures for roster players. Statsny isn't a star that demands roster players (Like vastly superior players in Benn and Eriksson) in a deal with him. If Dallas offered Oleksiak, Chiasson and 1st, you know how stupid Sherman would be to say no to that?

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post

Wait, what? Me?

I'm against acquiring Stastny from the very beginning (my post is on the 2nd page). He's not on the trading block and Dallas doesn't have the pieces to acquire him. Period.

How does that make me "like every other fanbase"? I'm being realistic.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCaptainOU View Post

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:25 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Than what is he? A first line centre who only puts up 60 points?

And don't bring up his first years. He hasn't played like that in a long time.

There is hardly any hockey trades anymore, it's almost always prospects/futures for roster players. Statsny isn't a star that demands roster players (Like vastly superior players in Benn and Eriksson) in a deal with him. If Dallas offered Oleksiak, Chiasson and 1st, you know how stupid Sherman would be to say no to that?
All of your players are stars to you guys

And another thing: for like the 5th time: we don't want your ****ing futures!

Old
06-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
All of your players are stars to you guys

And another thing: for like the 5th time: we don't want your ****ing futures!
Honestly my interest is at least piqued every time I see someone mention the first, and Oleksiak is a good prospect. I think Dallas will be a top-15 pick at least, but I see some of their fans saying they're an ACL tear from a lottery pick in another thread so who knows.