HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny to Dallas

Old
06-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
care to explain?

Stastny had a rough last 2 seasons, but he also put up 78 and 79 points (both more than Eriksson's career highs) in his best 2 years which honestly were not that long ago. Yes Eriksson has been better recently.

Stastny also plays a more important position than Eriksson, so yeah I'd say it would be pretty fair 1-for-1
Erikisson plays an elite 2 way game, and he does so for arguably the best non-ELC contract in the NHL. His production didn't drop off despite the departure of Richards and Neal, and he plays fantastic defense while also being a legit Lady Byng candidate every year.

That said, this thread has turned into a sniping match and it is making Stars fans look bad. I would say that Avalanche posters have been a little bit dismissive of our players/prospects, but they don't have to want to trade anybody anywhere and I totally get not wanting to trade a player like Stasny for players who don't have the same level of reputation.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jfisher6
Samurai Champloo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskog View Post
Honestly my interest is at least piqued every time I see someone mention the first, and Oleksiak is a good prospect. I think Dallas will be a top-15 pick at least, but I see some of their fans saying they're an ACL tear from a lottery pick in another thread so who knows.
I just gotta look at us trading our 1st last year, and say that kinda puts us in "win-now" mode.

Trading Paul Stastny for Oleksiak, a 1st, and Chiasson: that is not a win-now trade. Not at all.

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phil Connors

Quote:
Stastny also plays a more important position than Eriksson, so yeah I'd say it would be pretty fair 1-for-1
As I already said, I understand why the Avs wouldn't trade Stasny for anything less than Eriksson, but saying it would be a fair 1 for 1 trade?

Eriksson gets more goals, assists, is a better two way player and makes 2 million less than Stastny. It what world is that a fair 1 for 1 trade?

Phil Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:35 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

If Stars want Stastny, then Eriksson or Benn would be coming back IMO.

I personally prefer Eriksson and don't mind adding more as well for him.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Phil Connors

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
If Stars want Stastny, then Eriksson or Benn would be coming back IMO.

I personally prefer Eriksson and don't mind adding more as well for him.
Completely understandable, but not happening.

/thread

Old
06-25-2012, 08:40 PM
jfisher6
Samurai Champloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 View Post
As I already said, I understand why the Avs wouldn't trade Stasny for anything less than Eriksson, but saying it would be a fair 1 for 1 trade?

Eriksson gets more goals, assists, is a better two way player and makes 2 million less than Stastny. It what world is that a fair 1 for 1 trade?
He has in the past couple seasons yes, but not overall.

Eriksson: 328 points / 453 games played = 0.724 points per game

Stastny: 374 points / 427 games played = 0.876 points per game

Look I'm not arguing with you that in the past 2 seasons, Eriksson has been better than Stastny by a lot. But the Avalanche wouldn't sell low on Stastny and his last couple seasons of poor play with some bad line-mates.

Also, please don't forget that Stastny is also a reliable defensive player.

And the 2 million in contract means nearly nothing to the Avalanche. I guess what I'm REALLY saying is that Stastny is worth as much to the Avalanche as Loui Eriksson is. Maybe Loui is worth way more to you guys. So don't make the trade

Old
06-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Avs fans, can we honestly just drop it? There is not one answer to these discussions about Staz/Eriksson/Benn/whomever. It comes down to personal preference & team need when discussing guys with their talent levels.

Most sensible fans will come in and understand right away (as several have shown, kudos Dallas for have a reasonable contingent of fans) that he's not up for grabs with prospects/picks.

Dallas meanwhile can't afford to trade for him based on what we need. The more you guys argue, the worse you make yourselves and us look.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:47 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 View Post
Completely understandable, but not happening.

/thread
Which makes that completely understandable.

We're not good trading partners.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Phil Connors

Quote:
He has in the past couple seasons yes, but not overall.

Eriksson: 328 points / 453 games played = 0.724 points per game

Stastny: 374 points / 427 games played = 0.876 points per game

Look I'm not arguing with you that in the past 2 seasons, Eriksson has been better than Stastny by a lot. But the Avalanche wouldn't sell low on Stastny and his last couple seasons of poor play with some bad line-mates.

Also, please don't forget that Stastny is also a reliable defensive player.

And the 2 million in contract means nearly nothing to the Avalanche. I guess what I'm REALLY saying is that Stastny is worth as much to the Avalanche as Loui Eriksson is. Maybe Loui is worth way more to you guys. So don't make the trade
Overall means nothing right now if you were to trade him. He's declined in the past two season in the eyes of many/most. No one is going to give you trade value of what he did 3 seasons ago.

Once again though, completely understandable your guys position on trading him for nothing less of something with immediate impact. I'm just saying no one would think that Stastny for Eriksson, 1 for 1 would be a fair trade.

Would still love him on our team after that trade with Washington. Hope Stastny returns to his 70+ points form. He is without a doubt capable of it.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:56 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
His 'declining' numbers are over a specific period of 1 year. [2011] He was doing fine at the beginning of 2010-11 and he was fine for the last part of 2012. People keep IGNORING that...I'm not sure why.
Yep, to support:

Stastny did have a horrible 2011 season, yes. No denying this. However his 2012 season was lot better.

42 GP
32 P
10 G
22 A
3 PPG
7 PPA
2 GWG

That is a lot better. This while playing with Porter, Yip, Kobascrew, Lidnstrom, Duchene (who failed at wing), etc. all as his players. As a playmaker it'll hurt his stat.

He also was snakebitten early on in the season. There were many chances that players didn't capitalize on his chances (*cough* drunk jones *cough*).

Overall, his first half of the season was bad - no matter how you slice and dice it, but his second half was better and seeing as how many teams are desperate for a top line center that has a two way game and can control a power play, he'll get a good return. Am I expecting a 1st, Sutter, and a prospect? No. A team would really have to love Stastny for that. But I can see a 1st and A level prospect.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:58 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post
All of those pieces are quality.

Well, maybe not Glennie, but it's worth a shot to see if you guys don't realize how awful he is
Why was Glennie drafted so high? I thought he was doing a decent job even without Schenn.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
All of your players are stars to you guys

And another thing: for like the 5th time: we don't want your ****ing futures!
Because Colorado is so close to competing right? They're at least 3 years from being a contender, and by then Oleksiak and Chiasson would both be NHL players. You should be glad you're not your teams GM. Statsny isn't getting a premier roster player back period, and the offer I gave I would hope Nieuwendyk would never offer.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Because Colorado is so close to competing right? They're at least 3 years from being a contender, and by then Oleksiak and Chiasson would both be NHL players. You should be glad you're not your teams GM. Statsny isn't getting a premier roster player back period, and the offer I gave I would hope Nieuwendyk would never offer.
Ok, fine. Stastny won't return a premier roster player. Thanks for sharing. Guess we will just have to keep him then....like we have said over and over we are more than happy to do.

Why do people keep acting like we have to move Stasnty and ________ is the best offer we will get so we better accept If the offer does not fill our needs we won't move him. Period.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Rhino Rilley

id do goligoski and a first like some dallas fan mentioned, gogo is pretty underated i think and would be a huge loss to the stars when their defence isnt great to begin with so i think it would be a top ten, on the other end dallas gets a pretty good centre that could have amazing chemistry with benn i think, staz really works well with big forwards. one torn acl and avs could be looking at mackinnen really, and if varly gets another injury we could also be looking at jones

Rhino Rilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
Why was Glennie drafted so high? I thought he was doing a decent job even without Schenn.
Only GM Joe knows for sure.

Really, really hoping Glennie shows us something next season.

Anything that shows a glimpse of what our GM saw in him, while passing on Kulikov.

Right now, sadly, our three picks after Glennie are showing more promise.

06-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Why do other team's fans have to keep reminding us that Stastny suck balls and we'd be lucky to get scraps for him .

If he's so horrible then stop making proposals for him, I can't recall Avs fans making threads about selling Stastny, it's always other fans trying to trade for him then try to convince Avs fan that he sucks.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Why do other team's fans have to keep reminding us that Stastny suck balls and we'd be lucky to get scraps for him .

If he's so horrible then stop making proposals for him, I can't recall Avs fans making threads about selling Stastny, it's always other fans trying to trade for him then try to convince Avs fan that he sucks.
If I thought he sucked, I wouldn't want the Stars to acquire him.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
No offense but Colorado is at least as close to competing for the playoffs as Dallas or even moreso.

I figure by the time Oleksiak is ready to be an NHL player...so will Siemens.

You're not really getting it. We DON'T WANT TO TRADE HIM....AT ALL.

You guys just jettisoned your 2nd line center to washington for a pick and a prospect...that's not really our problem.

We'll keep our center depth and you can deal with your...ahem....'hole' for lack of a better term.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:12 PM
danmcn12
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Tim Connolly was (nearly) a PPG centre from 2008-2010. I guess we can demand Eriksson and Benn for him too
Do HF Boarders even watch hockey games or do they just look at stat sheets, ignore the teams the players are on, ignore their line mates, and ignore everything relating to the game outside of points.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:18 PM
danmcn12
Radioactive

Quote:
We don't want your futures. We don't want to trade Stastny when his value is at an all-time low. Get real guys. We don't want your scraps for our #1b Center who had a bad couple seasons
That's not even really fair to say, he had a bad season and a half when his line mates were Kobasew, Jones, Porter, and a crap Duchene. He played great the second half(when he got linemates) and finished with 10 less points then Benn.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:24 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
Wait, what? Me?

I'm against acquiring Stastny from the very beginning (my post is on the 2nd page). He's not on the trading block and Dallas doesn't have the pieces to acquire him. Period.

How does that make me "like every other fanbase"? I'm being realistic.
Sorry to call you out. I saw a post of yours on the previous page arguing about Benn/Loui value vs Stats and assumed you were part of the crew arguing with the Avs fans about how they should lower their value for him. My bad.

Unfortunately there's still Stars fans in this thread doing that same thing and making us look bad. This thread really should be closed since we're not going to offer what the Avs want for him, and the Avs aren't going to trade him for what we're willing to give up. Instead we're just bickering about perceived values of players.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:26 PM
jfisher6
Samurai Champloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
That's not even really fair to say, he had a bad season and a half when his line mates were Kobasew, Jones, Porter, and a crap Duchene. He played great the second half(when he got linemates) and finished with 10 less points then Benn.
Oh I whole-heartedly agree. Maybe you meant to quote someone else.

I for one think Stastny is primed for a 70-point season with McGinn and Jones on the wings.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:09 AM
hockeyviking

so dallas fans are the new toronto fans.........

we want paul but and you should be greatful that we take him.....

hockeyviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviking View Post
so dallas fans are the new toronto fans.........

we want paul but and you should be greatful that we take him.....
If only you had a player like Bozak to offer in return!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Primetimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
And who did Benn play with the majority of the season? Ott and Burish...

Primetimey is offline   Reply With Quote