HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derek Roy to Chicago

Old
06-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Ian1085

vCash: 500
Derek Roy to Chicago

I don't think the Sabres are in the Bobby Ryan sweepstakes, as from what I could ascertain from Darcy Regier the asking price was a bit too steep. The Blackhawks need a #2 center, as well as some competition in net. The Sabres have their center depth for the future but need some more scoring on the wing. Just thinking off my head, maybe something like this? Or is this too lopsided?

To Buffalo:

Corey Crawford
Patrick Sharp

To Chicago

Derek Roy
Luke Adam
Jhonas Enroth
Andrej Sekera

I think having Stalberg means that Sharp could at the very least be in consideration.

Ian1085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Hawks aren't moving Sharp (Who signed 5 yr extension)

Any proposals with him in it are pointless

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:10 PM
WarriorofTime

If you want to pry Sharp out of Chicago try Miller + Roy to get the Hawks interest.. not that.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

CHI is not PHI. We are not trade players that just signed longterm extensions before they start

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Stop Winnin
Hope

Could something around Roy and McNeill be worked out? I know this was beaten to death earlier in the year, but just curious what Hawks fans think of this.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Could something around Roy and McNeill be worked out? I know this was beaten to death earlier in the year, but just curious what Hawks fans think of this.
Giving up McNeill for Roy who will be UFA in year and looking for raise or threatening to go FA route isn't all that appealing

Giving up Pirri is more appealing

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Sharp will retire a Blackhawk. That's a no go from the get-go.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:40 PM
HiddenInLight

Sabres would LOL at that offer. No thanks from our end. What team does the OP follow? O-o;;

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Layne Staley

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
If you want to pry Sharp out of Chicago try Miller + Roy to get the Hawks interest.. not that.

Miller is a top 10 goalie while Derek Roy averages 10 more points a season then Sharp and is a year and a half younger then Sharp. Sharp isn't even worth Miller, not even close.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Trance Kuja
Burning Heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post

Miller is a top 10 goalie while Derek Roy averages 10 more points a season then Sharp and is a year and a half younger then Sharp. Sharp isn't even worth Miller, not even close.
Sharp is better than Roy.

Trance Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:08 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

By proposing this I don't think you understand the direction of either franchise. There's no chance the Hawks trade Sharp, the Sabres aren't going to start the season with 22, 22, and 18 year old centers as their 1-2-3 and I wouldn't say they aren't in on Ryan. They also have plenty of wingers at the moment (Vanek, Pominville, Stafford, Foligno, Leino, Gerbe, etc.). The reason Ryan would be worth going after is his style and age.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Layne Staley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
Sharp is better than Roy.
So? Even if he is you think the difference is a Vezina winning goalie?

And you can make the argument that Roy is better, only reason his value isn't as high as it should be is due to his impending UFA status next season, and like I said Roy averages 65 points a season while Sharp averages 55. Roy is younger and they both play on the PK. Sharp may be better defensively but not taking in contract status Sharp is marginally better, if at all.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:53 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1085 View Post
I don't think the Sabres are in the Bobby Ryan sweepstakes, as from what I could ascertain from Darcy Regier the asking price was a bit too steep. The Blackhawks need a #2 center, as well as some competition in net. The Sabres have their center depth for the future but need some more scoring on the wing. Just thinking off my head, maybe something like this? Or is this too lopsided?

To Buffalo:

Corey Crawford
Patrick Sharp

To Chicago

Derek Roy
Luke Adam
Jhonas Enroth
Andrej Sekera
I think having Stalberg means that Sharp could at the very least be in consideration.
Are you serious? Granted, Sharp is worth a decent return but to give up a very decent center, a last season rookie all-star, a last season all-rookie goalie and then throw into it a signed long-term to a cap friendly d-man, who has been argued our best defensman last year...just wow.

Pirri, 2013 1st for Roy.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:02 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
So? Even if he is you think the difference is a Vezina winning goalie?

And you can make the argument that Roy is better, only reason his value isn't as high as it should be is due to his impending UFA status next season, and like I said Roy averages 65 points a season while Sharp averages 55. Roy is younger and they both play on the PK. Sharp may be better defensively but not taking in contract status Sharp is marginally better, if at all.
Roy's coming off a 44 point season, Sharp had 34 and 33 goals in 74 games the past two seasons. What Sharp did in 05-06 and 06-07 isn't relevant anymore.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:05 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:

Obviously an overpayment but you're not getting Patrick Sharp for fair market value. Miller + Roy for Sharp + Crawford + Pirri is what I'd do or else I'd have no interest in making a deal.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:47 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

I am wondering if nhl gms are starting to think like hf posters. It seems that anytime a player is mentioned in a trade the opposing team says they wont get said player for market value or it will take a massive overpayment. We see the saga going on in columbus with nash, anaheim with ryan and vancouver w luongo.. all of these players have expressed interest to get out of their teams..not sure about lou. Im not sure what these gms expect to get but why mortgage your team and its future for one player. They need to be realistic. One player cant get a return that will fill every hole on your team that was created by a poor gm. But it is very frustrating to see a trade like this come through and be turned into a pissing match by post 7. This trade is not the best but not the worst from both teams perspective it doesnt fix any holes on each others teams except maybe 2c on chicago, if they want roy then just use roy and do something around him.

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:58 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
At this point, getting a young center is pretty redundant. There is already a logjam of young guys with Ennis, Hodgson, Adam, Grigorenko, and Girgensons.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:45 PM
needle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
Are you serious? Granted, Sharp is worth a decent return but to give up a very decent center, a last season rookie all-star, a last season all-rookie goalie and then throw into it a signed long-term to a cap friendly d-man, who has been argued our best defensman last year...just wow.

Pirri, 2013 1st for Roy.
Pirri and 2 4ths for Roy.

needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Pirri/Morin, Lalonde, and a 2013 2nd for an upcoming UFA is fair.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:53 PM
needle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Pirri/Morin, Lalonde, and a 2013 2nd for an upcoming UFA is fair.
We don't have a 2013 2nd. That's why I offered 2 4ths.

needle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Der Jaeger

Roy, Leopold, Enroth for McNeill, Hjalmarsson?

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:19 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
At this point, getting a young center is pretty redundant. There is already a logjam of young guys with Ennis, Hodgson, Adam, Grigorenko, and Girgensons.
This. We need a reliable mid-aged or veteran C to help support the young guys, someone to handle PKs and defensive assignments. Right now Roy is the closest thing we have to that. If we move him, it's gotta be for an experienced two-way center...Preferably someone bigger than Roy.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Layne Staley

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Roy's coming off a 44 point season, Sharp had 34 and 33 goals in 74 games the past two seasons. What Sharp did in 05-06 and 06-07 isn't relevant anymore.
The season prior Roy had 35 points in 35 games. And Roy also had a 80+ campaign in 07-08. When has Sharp scored at a PPG pace or scored 80+ points? And yes production in 05-07 does matter because your comparing 2 players still in their prime,you only not take in account the past when your comparing 35 or older players who are declining, not two players in their prime.Roy and Sharp were both taken in the same draft so damn right you would compare them using career production/numbers.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:37 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
This. We need a reliable mid-aged or veteran C to help support the young guys, someone to handle PKs and defensive assignments. Right now Roy is the closest thing we have to that. If we move him, it's gotta be for an experienced two-way center...Preferably someone bigger than Roy.
Bolland would fit the bill if Chicago had any interest in a Roy for Bolland swap.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Ian1085

I'm "the OP." I usually stay clear from this forum since my luck on proposals is on par with my Bills in the Superbowl. Please note I wasn't actually proposing that per se, just wondering what the actual value would be. I admittedly don't follow the Blackhawks that much as you can tell, and yes I do believe that Roy is gone by October. They obviously have no intentions on resigning him and I don't see him being a deadline trade acquisition for any team. About time the Sabres start getting serious with Ennis and Hodgson and start getting these guys more minutes.

And out of curiosity since I haven't looked too much into the UFA pool, would there not be a veteran center we could sign in free agency to mentor the younger guys in place of Roy? Not saying a guy who would take up Roy's minutes but a good veteran center, two way forward or grinder type.

Ian1085 is offline   Reply With Quote