HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Iginla to Buffalo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2012, 04:10 PM
  #1
stokes84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Iginla to Buffalo

Buffalo and Calgary have each other on speed dial at this point, so how about one more trade? Iginla gets thrown around quite a bit, but I haven't heard it as much this off season as we have in the past. So, what do you say Calgary? What are you looking for?

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:21 PM
  #2
Liloldadyo*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Regiehr.

Liloldadyo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:26 PM
  #3
flamesfan5
Registered User
 
flamesfan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Iginla threads never go well. We want the world for Iginla because he pretty much is the Flames. Other teams will say hes getting old and that hes not worth what were asking.

For a starting point, a top 6 player a good prospect a 1st and a cap dump

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:29 PM
  #4
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 7,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan5 View Post
Iginla threads never go well. We want the world for Iginla because he pretty much is the Flames. Other teams will say hes getting old and that hes not worth what were asking.

For a starting point, a top 6 player a good prospect a 1st and a cap dump
Roy, Brennan, 1st and Ville Leino?

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:30 PM
  #5
stokes84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
What about Vanek for Iginla straight up?

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:41 PM
  #6
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
What about Vanek for Iginla straight up?
Yeahhhh.....no. Sabres would want no part of that deal. Could get SO much more for Vanek.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:01 PM
  #7
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY
 
Svensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: C OF RED
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Yeahhhh.....no. Sabres would want no part of that deal. Could get SO much more for Vanek.
yes ok... You talk as if Iginla is a 4th line plug.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:03 PM
  #8
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan5 View Post
Iginla threads never go well. We want the world for Iginla because he pretty much is the Flames. Other teams will say hes getting old and that hes not worth what were asking.

For a starting point, a top 6 player a good prospect a 1st and a cap dump
You got it

David Krejci , Alex kohklachev, 2013 first, and Tim Thomas

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:05 PM
  #9
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Yeahhhh.....no. Sabres would want no part of that deal. Could get SO much more for Vanek.
Are you serious? Vanek can't even hold Iggy's jock strap

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:06 PM
  #10
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
You got it

David Krejci , Alex kohklachev, 2013 first, and Tim Thomas
Shut up and get me a pen. I gotta fill the car with gas before I drive Iggy to the airport.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:10 PM
  #11
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Shut up and get me a pen. I gotta fill the car with gas before I drive Iggy to the airport.
Not even joking either, we love DK, but with Seguin coming up, and how much bruins fans covet Iginla, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest at this deal

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:20 PM
  #12
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 37,136
vCash: 500
Doesn't make sense for Buffalo if Vanek is going the other way, esp when you consider contracts and age. Plus, the point should be to add talent, not swap it...get Vanek-Hodgson-Iginla together...

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:23 PM
  #13
Killericon
Registered User
 
Killericon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan5 View Post
Iginla threads never go well. We want the world for Iginla because he pretty much is the Flames. Other teams will say hes getting old and that hes not worth what were asking.

For a starting point, a top 6 player a good prospect a 1st and a cap dump
No kidding. His value to Calgary is 10x what his street value is, which is still pretty decent.

Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:24 PM
  #14
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot
 
Karate Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Stafford, Adam and a first.

His sentimental value doesn't really matter to other teams, and Calgary would be dumb not to try to maximize his value since they are going nowhere.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
  #15
clumping platelets
Registered User
 
clumping platelets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clumptowaga
Country: United States
Posts: 1,544
vCash: 500
Also need Iggy to agree to an extension but only 1 or 2 yrs at a lower cap number

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:44 PM
  #16
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Bruinswagoner #4762
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 50
What is Iginla's value? Think of a trade that strips you of your top prospect, add a top six forward under the age of 24 to the deal, and just when you are ready to throw up in your mouth a little, add a 1st round pick or two.

Basically your offer should leave your team / fanbase feeling violated, and not in a good way.


Don't like it? Then stop asking about Iginla's value. His value as a corpse is higher to the Flames organization than any warm body you can offer.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:52 PM
  #17
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,209
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
What is Iginla's value? Think of a trade that strips you of your top prospect, add a top six forward under the age of 24 to the deal, and just when you are ready to throw up in your mouth a little, add a 1st round pick or two.

Basically your offer should leave your team / fanbase feeling violated, and not in a good way.


Don't like it? Then stop asking about Iginla's value. His value as a corpse is higher to the Flames organization than any warm body you can offer.
One has to assume the Flames will operate as a business in this matter, though, unless they really expect Iginla to still produce at a similar level at the time Jankowski's outscoring Yakupov et al. At a certain point Iginla is worth more to them in trade value than as a Flame.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:58 PM
  #18
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,209
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
What is Iginla's value? Think of a trade that strips you of your top prospect, add a top six forward under the age of 24 to the deal, and just when you are ready to throw up in your mouth a little, add a 1st round pick or two.

Basically your offer should leave your team / fanbase feeling violated, and not in a good way.


Don't like it? Then stop asking about Iginla's value. His value as a corpse is higher to the Flames organization than any warm body you can offer.
But from a more nasty perspective, fine.

Armia
Stafford
1st 2014
1st 2015

Not everyone's cupboard is as bare as Calgary's.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:07 PM
  #19
Fifty cal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
But from a more nasty perspective, fine.

Armia
Stafford
1st 2014
1st 2015

Not everyone's cupboard is as bare as Calgary's.
Decent proposal! I just don't see Jarome Iginla getting traded. But that is a good proposal.

Fifty cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:09 PM
  #20
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Bruinswagoner #4762
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
One has to assume the Flames will operate as a business in this matter, though, unless they really expect Iginla to still produce at a similar level at the time Jankowski's outscoring Yakupov et al. At a certain point Iginla is worth more to them in trade value than as a Flame.
I know, and as a business, selling stuff with Iginla's face / name / autograph / sweat / etc. on it will bring in more dough than stuff with... Stajan's stuff on it or whoever.

I will admit that your 2nd offer is intriguing and would require thinking time.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:12 PM
  #21
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,209
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I know, and as a business, selling stuff with Iginla's face / name / autograph / sweat / etc. on it will bring in more dough than stuff with... Stajan's stuff on it or whoever.
I'll admit I didn't think of it that way.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:13 PM
  #22
SoFFacet
Registered User
 
SoFFacet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
What is Iginla's value? Think of a trade that strips you of your top prospect, add a top six forward under the age of 24 to the deal, and just when you are ready to throw up in your mouth a little, add a 1st round pick or two.

Basically your offer should leave your team / fanbase feeling violated, and not in a good way.


Don't like it? Then stop asking about Iginla's value. His value as a corpse is higher to the Flames organization than any warm body you can offer.
Thats the package for young #1Cs like M Richards and J Staal. I get that Iginla is Calgary, or rather was - but he just isn't worth near that much. If you ask for something more reasonable you might get something pretty decent for him, otherwise he will just retire, likely without any more playoff victories.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
  #23
agreen23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
You got it

David Krejci , Alex kohklachev, 2013 first, and Tim Thomas
Not Koko, now way. He is our most talented offensive prospect with the most upside and is still just 18. I can see either Caron/Spooner/Knight being sent but not Koko. He is too highly regaurded by the Bruins. He was very, very impressive at developmental camp even at the age of 17..

But I have a hunch a Bruins trade for Iginla will occur around the trade deadline so that savards LTIR can cover Iginla's 7 million cap hit (we would be able to exceed the cap by 4 million- Iginla will call for 3.5 for half a season).

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:20 PM
  #24
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,624
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
Not Koko, now way. He is our most talented offensive prospect with the most upside and is still just 18. I can see either Caron/Spooner/Knight being sent but not Koko. He is too highly regaurded by the Bruins. He was very, very impressive at developmental camp even at the age of 17..

But I have a hunch a Bruins trade for Iginla will occur around the trade deadline so that savards LTIR can cover Iginla's 7 million cap hit (we would be able to exceed the cap by 4 million- Iginla will call for 3.5 for half a season).
2 of Caron/Spooner/Knight then.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
  #25
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,051
vCash: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
But from a more nasty perspective, fine.

Armia
Stafford
1st 2014
1st 2015

Not everyone's cupboard is as bare as Calgary's.
My heavens, no thank you. Iggy has value, but that is overpayment. I wouldn't trade that package for Nash. Armia has the potential to be the sniper we need and obviously Iginla has more intrinsic value to Calgary that he does to the rest of the league.

I would offer Stafford, Brennan and a 1st, Calgary would politely decline, and we all move on.

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.