HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Iginla to Buffalo

Old
06-25-2012, 06:27 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
2 of Caron/Spooner/Knight then.
Nerp, kohko

Spooner is a center and can eventually replace Krejci, knight is a prototypical bruin

I love kohko and think he has the highest offensive upside of those mentioned, but he's also got the KHL risk involved and I don't think he'll fit in as well on the Bruins a a kid like Knight will

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:32 PM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
2 of Caron/Spooner/Knight then.
If you get two 7+C prospects, a #1C and a draft pick I bet, at the very least, flames will have to add conditional first rounder if Iginla doesnt extend his contract at ~$5million cap hit because you are asking a lot (more like a ton) for a 35 year old who is a free agent after this season.

Obviously, this is just fan speculation but I do not think Calgary will be commanding nearly this much for Iggy- and trust me, I know what he is to your fans and organization. You all worship him, but he is not taking you back to the playoffs. You need to get younger and add draft picks and prospects.

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:39 PM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Nerp, kohko

Spooner is a center and can eventually replace Krejci, knight is a prototypical bruin

I love kohko and think he has the highest offensive upside of those mentioned, but he's also got the KHL risk involved and I don't think he'll fit in as well on the Bruins a a kid like Knight will
Koko plays center too. Did you see him at WJC? He was killling it. 5 points 4 of them being goals in 7 games. Kid was barely 18 and was playing on a Russian team stacked with 19 and 20 year olds amongst whom were very high picks despite the russian effect (Kusnetsov, Yakupov, Kucherov, Grigorenko).

He does have the most offensive upside but I highly doubt hes a flight risk, he left his family at the age of 16 to come play in the OHL where hes excelled. He takes private english lessons. Kid is comitted to playing in the NHL. Knight isnt going anywhere because hes a true Bruin but I highly doubt Koko is either.

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:40 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

You speak the truth

Iggy would be perfect in Boston and he'd finally have a great shot at the cup again. Boston fans would treat him very kindly too

And we know how it feels to lose a legend

Old
06-25-2012, 06:40 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Start with Hodgson

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Fifty cal

Quote:
You speak the truth

Iggy would be perfect in Boston and he'd finally have a great shot at the cup again. Boston fans would treat him very kindly too

And we know how it feels to lose a legend
Your probably the only person I have seen that understands.

Fifty cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:56 PM
ubercanucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Buffalo and Calgary have each other on speed dial at this point, so how about one more trade? Iginla gets thrown around quite a bit, but I haven't heard it as much this off season as we have in the past. So, what do you say Calgary? What are you looking for?
Maybe, disregarding geographics

Iginla
2014 first (second?)

Schneider

Thinking for the Canucks is they get a power forward who can play with the Sedins, and a good pick, and keep Bobby to teach Lack, as they are similar body types.

Thinking for the flames is they trade Iginla to a place where he may well win a albeit with a rival, and get a star goalie.
Thoughts?

ubercanucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:57 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercanucksfan View Post

Iginla
2014 first (second?)

Schneider

Thinking for the Canucks is they get a power forward who can play with the Sedins, and a good pick, and keep Bobby to teach Lack, as they are similar body types.

Thinking for the flames is they trade Iginla to a place where he may well win a albeit with a rival, and get a star goalie.
Thoughts?
Not to a rival, not with our first, and goaltending is our strength we would be looking for forward prospects.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:58 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Start with Hodgson
Hodgson + Sekera?

One of the young centers could be a good chip, and between Ennis and Hodgson, I would prefer to keep Ennis (Hell, I wouldn't move Ennis for virtually anything. The kid is the next Giroux, IMO).

As for Calgary not wanting to move him because of sentimental value, I understand that, but I also understand players in their twilight get moved all the time. Borque, Hasek, Gilmour, etc., etc., etc.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:59 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty cal View Post
Your probably the only person I have seen that understands.
I try

Aside from that, Boston fans genuinely covet Iginla, I especially do. I know he's not getting any younger, but he's a still got it IMO. Perfect type of hockey player. And Lucic idolized him as a kid

Old
06-25-2012, 07:01 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Hodgson + Sekera?

One of the young centers could be a good chip, and between Ennis and Hodgson, I would prefer to keep Ennis (Hell, I wouldn't move Ennis for virtually anything. The kid is the next Giroux, IMO).

As for Calgary not wanting to move him because of sentimental value, I understand that, but I also understand players in their twilight get moved all the time. Borque, Hasek, Gilmour, etc., etc., etc.
Wow I think that is a great deal but would prefer a younger defenseman.

Hodgson + McNabb/Pysyk? for Iginla + Breen

Old
06-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 356
Iginla is 1 year away from UFA with a 7M cap hit. He scored 67 points last year (Olli Jokinen had 61). I understand he has many intangibles that Calgary likely values more than others, but I'm not selling the farm for one year of Iggy.

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:03 PM
ubercanucksfan

Quote:
Not to a rival, not with our first, and goaltending is our strength we would be looking for forward prospects.
Like I said, I think the reason this doesn't happen is because they're rivals, also yes a second does work. But not sure I agree with goaltending, right now, Schneider could split time with kipper, and probably help him from dying at the end of the year, possibly even into a playoff spot. Maybe the Canucks throw in Schroeder, but I think then it is definitely a first.

ubercanucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Hodgson + Sekera?

Good god are you kidding me?

Iginla is one year away from FA, what is to keep him from leaving after a year and going back to Calgary to finish up his career or retire? You want to trade a very good center prospect in Hodgson AND Sekera for a 35 year old, while very good, winger who will be a UFA in one year? And why would you think Ennis is the next Giroux?

Jarome is a great player and I would love him on the Sabres, but he is old and is not going to push us over the hump of winning a cup. I'd rather stick with the youth and jettison the old.

Stop Winnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:04 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C. View Post
Iginla is 1 year away from UFA with a 7M cap hit. He scored 67 points last year (Olli Jokinen had 61). I understand he has many intangibles that Calgary likely values more than others, but I'm not selling the farm for one year of Iggy.
He was 6th in points the year before and 3rd in goals. When allowed to play his game (offensive) he is extremely effective. He missed training camp this year and it really effected the start of the year after the ~20th game he was almost a ppg player. He is extremely low and would most likely sign an extension with any team that traded for him.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:07 PM
dkollidas

Personally, I'd rather spend the assets/cap space on either Nash/Parise/Ryan or even Clowe. Iginla's a great player, but he'd cost a ton in assets, and is only under contract for 1 year. I'd do something around Roy/Adam/2013 1st, but that'd be about it just bc of his age and contract status.

Just like a Derek Roy, his return is diminished by contract status alone.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:08 PM
gallagt01

Assuming Iginla would re-sign here...

To Calgary: Tyler Ennis, Luke Adam, 1st
To Buffalo: Jarome Iginla, 2nd

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:09 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
To Calgary: Tyler Ennis, Luke Adam, 1st
To Buffalo: Jarome Iginla, 2nd
Change Adam to Brennan?

Old
06-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He was 6th in points the year before and 3rd in goals. When allowed to play his game (offensive) he is extremely effective. He missed training camp this year and it really effected the start of the year after the ~20th game he was almost a ppg player. He is extremely low and would most likely sign an extension with any team that traded for him.
The point is he is a UFA next year and a 7 million $ cap hit. Any "next" contract will fall into the 35+ range and be less desirable. Don't get me wrong, Iginla would make the Sabres better "next year", but not at the expense of multiple roster players and our long term prospect core.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

Iginla turns 35 in 5 days (July 1st) making a 35+ contract extension/UFA signing contract (in 2013) almost a certainty.

Old
06-25-2012, 07:38 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Change Adam to Brennan?
No qualms here.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Flamester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
But from a more nasty perspective, fine.

Armia
Stafford
1st 2014
1st 2015

Not everyone's cupboard is as bare as Calgary's.

I would do this deal for iggy in a heartbeat. I think Sabres would automatically be considered Stanley cup favorites, and Calgary would be a year or two ahead of the rebuild

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Flamester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercanucksfan View Post

Iginla
2014 first (second?)

Schneider

Thoughts?

Ahahahahahahahaha not a chance in hell bud. Keep dreamin tho

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:46 PM
jjn226

Quote:
You got it

David Krejci , Alex kohklachev, 2013 first, and Tim Thomas
What did Buffalo have to give up to get Krejci, Kohklachev and Thomas and since Buffalo has them I am not sure you they want to give them up!!!!

jjn226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
I would do this deal for iggy in a heartbeat. I think Sabres would automatically be considered Stanley cup favorites, and Calgary would be a year or two ahead of the rebuild
Yeah except Buffalo wouldn't do that. Don't get me wrong I would love Iginla, but that is overpayment to the nth degree, top prospect, established top 6 winger and 2 1st round picks is not worth one year of a 35 yr old Iginla.

Stop Winnin is online now   Reply With Quote