HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks speculation and trade talk thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 04:26 PM
  #126
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
4 might be a bit too long, would love 2-3 though.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:28 PM
  #127
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Year 1 7mill
Year 2 5mill
Year 3 4mill
Year 4 2mill

4yr 4.5m cap hit
horrible.

2 years 3 per is the max i'd pay for him.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:33 PM
  #128
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
horrible.

2 years 3 per is the max i'd pay for him.
Good thing you're not running the show then.

Just curious as to who you'd rather have skate in our top 6 next season.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:35 PM
  #129
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 4,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
horrible.

2 years 3 per is the max i'd pay for him.
That's what Bo thinks as well. See Brunette, Odonnell, etc

You won't get an impact player throwing around that kind of money.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:35 PM
  #130
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,400
vCash: 500
No more than two years for Doan. Preferably only one.

4.5 cap hit is fine.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:38 PM
  #131
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Good thing you're not running the show then.

Just curious as to who you'd rather have skate in our top 6 next season.
I'd rather have stalberg in the top 6 at the like 875k he makes than doan at 4.5+ for multiple years. And two years from now, when Saad could very well be NHL ready, I'd much rather start his NHL career than hold Doan's hand for 3 more years. Its not like you just plug in Doan and he's the same player he was in phoenix. He'd been with the franchise for 16 years and i'm sure had a set routine, knew the players, coach, system, etc... Now he's old and moving to a new team won't be easy, he'll have to relearn all his habits, develop chemistry; all while occupying a roster spot we could use on a player with a much longer future with the hawks. Its one thing to KEEP an old player, its another to sign one from another team.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
  #132
Slvrdwn
Registered User
 
Slvrdwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
previously i was against getting doan, but i'm starting to warm up to him. If we can get him for only 1 or 2 years while some of the guys the hawks have in the pipeline develop it would be perfect. I think he'd bring quite a bit of leadership as well as being a mentor for young guys like saad, shaw, or any other young guys getting their first crack or so at the roster.

Slvrdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
  #133
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
That's what Bo thinks as well. See Brunette, Odonnell, etc

You won't get an impact player throwing around that kind of money.
You'll probably get one, maybe two good seasons if you're lucky from a 36 year old and then are inthe same hole you were in before and spent two years holding back the development of a player in your system or not going out at making a move for a guy with a real future on the team.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:43 PM
  #134
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
I'd rather have stalberg in the top 6 at the like 875k he makes than doan at 4.5+ for multiple years. And two years from now, when Saad could very well be NHL ready, I'd much rather start his NHL career than hold Doan's hand for 3 more years. Its not like you just plug in Doan and he's the same player he was in phoenix. He'd been with the franchise for 16 years and i'm sure had a set routine, knew the players, coach, system, etc... Now he's old and moving to a new team won't be easy, he'll have to relearn all his habits, develop chemistry; all while occupying a roster spot we could use on a player with a much longer future with the hawks. Its one thing to KEEP an old player, its another to sign one from another team.
Stalberg doesn't come close to bringing what Doan would in our top 6 and that comes from a person who thinks Stalberg is a good Hawk. Stalberg doesn't hit the way Doan does, doesn't play the boards the way Doan does, doesn't go to the net, doesn't score the way he does, etc. etc. He would make more but it's money well spent, we have a lot of cap space this season and if we don't use it then what's the point of having it.

I'd love a 2 year deal too so if Saad or Morin becomes ready then we can simply trade him. It's not like he's going to suddenly become a shell of himself and score 20 points.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:43 PM
  #135
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 4,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
You'll probably get one, maybe two good seasons if you're lucky from a 36 year old and then are inthe same hole you were in before and spent two years holding back the development of a player in your system or not going out at making a move for a guy with a real future on the team.
You are assuming there isn't an under the table agreement that he retires in year 3

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
  #136
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 59,889
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Let's sign a guy who brings absolutely nothing to the team because he is cheaper then someone who would actually contribute something. That's a great way to stay mediocre for the next 10 years.
Well if we knew he was going to bring nothing at all, then we would have never brought him in the first place... no? He was a failed FA, no doubt, but I don't think anyone thought he would be THAT bad.

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
  #137
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Stalberg doesn't come close to bringing what Doan would in our top 6 and that comes from a person who thinks Stalberg is a good Hawk. Stalberg doesn't hit the way Doan does, doesn't play the boards the way Doan does, doesn't go to the net, doesn't score the way he does, etc. etc. He would make more but it's money well spent, we have a lot of cap space this season and if we don't use it then what's the point of having it.

I'd love a 2 year deal too so if Saad or Morin becomes ready then we can simply trade him. It's not like he's going to suddenly become a shell of himself and score 20 points.
um, did you not get the qualification about the salaries? I already said I'd sign doan for a year or two(though not for 4.5), but no way in hell do I give him a 4 year deal.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
  #138
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
You'll probably get one, maybe two good seasons if you're lucky from a 36 year old and then are inthe same hole you were in before and spent two years holding back the development of a player in your system or not going out at making a move for a guy with a real future on the team.
I'd rather get a good 2 years now out of Doan when this team is supposed to be winning, right now, and worry about developing our young players later. If we get a great year or two out of Doan then what's the problem? You HOPE your prospects develop into a guy like Doan.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:45 PM
  #139
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
You are assuming there isn't an under the table agreement that he retires in year 3
It's be a 35+ contract.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:46 PM
  #140
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
um, did you not get the qualification about the salaries? I already said I'd sign doan for a year or two(though not for 4.5), but no way in hell do I give him a 4 year deal.
I don't believe I ever said I'd give him 4 years either. 2, 3 would be my max.

The point is this team is supposed to be winning now, let's get a player that can help us win now and who is a good leader and is what the team is missing.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:47 PM
  #141
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 4,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
It's be a 35+ contract.
Miscalculated his age. You wiuld have to go 2-3 yr around 5mill per to get him then imo. I guarantee some team will go 4 years.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:48 PM
  #142
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
I'd rather get a good 2 years now out of Doan when this team is supposed to be winning, right now, and worry about developing our young players later. If we get a great year or two out of Doan then what's the problem? You HOPE your prospects develop into a guy like Doan.
1) I don't think doan will contribute near the level a lot of you do for the reasons I outlined in earlier posts
2) just because you can spend doesn't mean you should. Could keep that cap space open for in season deals

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:53 PM
  #143
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
I would absolutely be just fine with around 50 points from hit if he hits and contributes on the PP. He could hit 60 playing on a line with Toews and Kane.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:54 PM
  #144
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,156
vCash: 500
I don't think he could.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
  #145
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Well you'll be shown wrong then.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:58 PM
  #146
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,156
vCash: 500
No I wouldn't. He won't hit 60 pts on any team other than the coyotes, and I highly doubt he'd hit 60 there either. You're totally discounting how important chemistry is in sports.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:00 PM
  #147
Hawks82
Registered User
 
Hawks82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-Today/1/45247

On Alex Semin...

The KHL is still pushing hard, but there are definitely NHL teams who see Semin as a real possibility...The Caps are still in the mix, but right now I am hearing Detroit (e4) and Chicago (e3) as pretty much in a dead heat up front...


Eklund is almost never right, but I wouldn't mind this one bit. I'd love it if the Hawks could add a 40 goal scorer to the top 6.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:01 PM
  #148
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
I think you're discounting the impact of him having much better linemates in Toews and Kane.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:01 PM
  #149
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Semin?

At the price? With his worth ethic?

No thanks.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:02 PM
  #150
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
I think you're discounting the impact of him having much better linemates in Toews and Kane.
so kruger is our second line center again? Another reason I don't care about doan. Get a 2c before a 36 year old doan. I'm also pretty sure doan plays on the right just like kane. Could be wrong on that though.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.