HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Laich + 1st + Galiev for a top-6 winger

Old
06-25-2012, 08:22 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
Laich + 1st + Galiev for a top-6 winger

If Semin leaves (as is expected), Caps need a scoring top-6 winger. These are the best assets that I'd make available -- so my question is, who could be obtained for that price?

Laich -- can play any position on 2nd/3rd line, has solid all around game, not particularly outstanding in any facet, has decent enough hands to play off skilled linemates, will go 100% to the net 50% of the time, excellent at changing tires, overpaid by .5m or more on account of blue eyes, square jaw and inspirational quotes.

1st -- if you give Caps a good player, this will be a late first. If you give Caps a guy whose groin is about to fall off, this will probably be a middle-late first.

Galiev -- seems on track to be a competent 2nd line scorer (for realz). Skills he has. Size, skating -- no problems. Will his Russian DNA kick in and turn him into a lazy, moody cherry-picker? Not if you surround him with enough good Canadian boys and make him watch videos of Don Cherry, Clockwork Orange style!

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
if semin leaves (as is expected), caps need a scoring top-6 winger. These are the best assets that i'd make available -- so my question is, who could be obtained for that price?

Laich -- can play any position on 2nd/3rd line, has solid all around game, not outstanding in any facet, has decent enough hands to play off skilled linemates, excellent at changing tires, overpaid by .5m or more on account of blue eyes, square jaw and inspirational quotes.

1st -- if you give caps a good player, this will be a late first. If you give caps a guy whose groin is about to fall off, this will probably be a middle-late first.

Galiev -- seems on tracks to be a competent 2nd line scorer (for reals). Skills he has. Size, skating -- no problems. Will his russian dna kick in and turn him into a lazy, moody cherry-picker? Not if you surround him with enough good canadian boys and make him watch videos of don cherry, clockwork orange style!
jvr...?

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
If Semin leaves (as is expected), Caps need a scoring top-6 winger. These are the best assets that I'd make available -- so my question is, who could be obtained for that price?

Laich -- can play any position on 2nd/3rd line, has solid all around game, not particularly outstanding in any facet, has decent enough hands to play off skilled linemates, will go 100% to the net 50% of the time, excellent at changing tires, overpaid by .5m or more on account of blue eyes, square jaw and inspirational quotes.

1st -- if you give Caps a good player, this will be a late first. If you give Caps a guy whose groin is about to fall off, this will probably be a middle-late first.

Galiev -- seems on track to be a competent 2nd line scorer (for realz). Skills he has. Size, skating -- no problems. Will his Russian DNA kick in and turn him into a lazy, moody cherry-picker? Not if you surround him with enough good Canadian boys and make him watch videos of Don Cherry, Clockwork Orange style!
I Laich the sound of that.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
jvr...?
....Tell me you're kidding

Bernier the Boats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
....Tell me you're kidding
I was definitely kidding...

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:58 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
jvr...?
Not a chance.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:03 PM
n3ss

James Neal. Makes more room for Pittsburgh to sign Parise, Suter, and Weber.

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:05 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
James Neal. Makes more room for Pittsburgh to sign Parise, Suter, and Weber.
Look at Laich's contract again and think it over.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:06 PM
pspot

Kulemin +

or

Mac, Lombardi and Franson for Laich and Schultz

Last edited by pspot: 06-25-2012 at 09:16 PM.
pspot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Mason Raymond

I joke, unless you say yes then no take backs!

Interesting package on the table looking forward to see what actual offers will be thrown down.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

With Eakin gone, Galiev is essentially the only top 6 prospect we will have in our system next year. Kuznetsov and Forsberg will be in Europe, Wilson needs more time to develop his offensive game, and basically every other forward prospect we have is either a grinder or in the NCAA. Would prefer to keep Galiev around, not only so we have some sort of prospect depth, but also so we don't have to call up guys like Aucoin in case of injuries.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Captain Conservative

Quote:

I'm assuming you think we won't be in the running for Parise or Doan?

Captain Conservative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:19 PM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative View Post
Doan would be such a huge addition to Wsh, id like to see that

but think he'll go to Van

pspot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:24 PM
kimzey59

Why not just put Laich back on LW?
Seems like he puts up better numbers there anyway.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:37 PM
YourARumour

Queue hemsky + garbage counter package in 3.2.1 ....

YourARumour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:54 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
Yeah, Laich is a top-6 winger.

And, just for reference:

Queue = a line or sequence of items/people; or to enter a queue (i.e. to line up)
Que = Spanish word for 'what'
Cue = signal (in verb or noun form)

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

The Caps really just have to resign Semin. If not, I think the Caps are gonna have to go bargain shopping for top 6 wingers who can hold them over til Kuz and Forsberg cross the pond. They should see what they can get for Perrault and some picks or mid-grade prospects. Maybe a guy like Morrow, since his value's probably less than what we paid for Ribeiro. Or they could give Frolik a shot, see if he can regain his 20 goal form. Or they could do both.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:48 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Laich is a throw away player, find a team to take him and get rid of him, not the center of a trade.

@Zoidberg Jesus, Frolik is the Blackhawks stone hands guy. No thank you.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:52 AM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Would prefer to keep Galiev around, not only so we have some sort of prospect depth, but also so we don't have to call up guys like Aucoin in case of injuries.
Well, I'd prefer him to keep him too, lol, but as he's the only quality asset that could be packaged for someone good without it being too painful..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative View Post
Everybody will be in the running, so I'm assuming Caps' chances are slim, like most teams that don't have any specific inside track (hometown, recent SC pedigree, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
That's probably the plan, but IMO we have players that can do Laich's job, so interested in an upgrade, or somebody with better specific qualities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Laich is a throw away player, find a team to take him and get rid of him, not the center of a trade.

@Zoidberg Jesus, Frolik is the Blackhawks stone hands guy. No thank you.
Huh? Overpaid, ok, but a throw-away he is not. He's a useful player, but Caps need a better pure winger, IMO.

Old
06-26-2012, 12:58 AM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
Kulemin +

or

Mac, Lombardi and Franson for Laich and Schultz
I'd do something around Kulemin for Laich. Schultz probably has 3rd round pick value (to a team more concerned about regular season), so whatever, you can have him as a throw-in.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Well, I'd prefer him to keep him too, lol, but as he's the only quality asset that could be packaged for someone good without it being too painful..
The complete scarcity of Caps prospects near the NHL makes him more valuable to Washington than most other franchises.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:24 AM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
The complete scarcity of Caps prospects near the NHL makes him more valuable to Washington than most other franchises.
Eh, I don't really think that it's a big factor in this case. He's good, but he's a winger, and those are replaceable. Especially if Caps traded him for a guy who can play until Forsberg/Kuz are ready, they'd be fine, IMO.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:26 AM
clumping platelets

Stafford for Laich and draft pick

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 06:02 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Stafford is a good idea, but not at the expense of Laich.
And yeah, GMGM is no Holmgren, so the odds are that Laich stays.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Skrudland2Lomakin

Laich was everyones favorite under appreciated guy until GMGM appreciated him a little too much with his contract. A year ago you couldn't find a team that wouldn't have gleefully clicked their heels to get him, now after one mediocre season and a contract that's looking increasingly bloated he's suddenly someone to avoid. Honestly it'd be in the Caps best interest to hang on to him for at least a bit and see if the addition of Riveiro allows Laich to fall back into his former self, at the very least then he'll have maxed his value. I hate the idea of trading players who are slumping that everyone knows can deliver in a correct system for below what they're worth.

Skrudland2Lomakin is offline   Reply With Quote