HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Justin Schultz II

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Dick Whitman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
He's not signing in Ottawa.

There's a guy on that team, you know, Erik something....he won a trophy....yeah.
And? He hates people that wins awards? The Leafs are a perfect fit then.

Old
TorontoTrades

Vancouver, Toronto and Edmonton in that order.

Old
wreckingcru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
I like Ottawa's chances. Not saying they're the best but they're a mix of all the other rumoured Canadian teams.

- Playoff Team
- Young and up and coming
- A spot waiting for him in the top 4
- An offensive style of play that suits his style from everything I've read
- Good track record with college kids
- An even better track record with developing elite level dmen

Very few teams in the league can offer what Ottawa can offer him, imo.
Karlsson at , would have to play behind him.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post
For Edmonton to have a chance to sign Schultz, he needs to be hired in the next 2-3 days or so.
It will most likely be tomorrow since the development camp starts on Wednesday.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:39 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
That actually boggles my mind. What has been the hold up?

Old
06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingcru View Post
Karlsson at , would have to play behind him.
You understand how hockey works, right? Karlsson can't play 60 minutes a game.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
That actually boggles my mind. What has been the hold up?
They're probably just making sure they get the right guy. Apparently Crawford has been interviewed twice but Ralph Krueger is still the front runner.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:41 PM
leafsfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
You play in the NHL? or any professional sports league?

Did Justin tell you look I won't sign there because they haven't named a head coach yet?

Perhaps when a team talks to a free agent that free agent could ask a few questions, like for instance who are you planning on hiring as a head coach during a possible interview?

Like me, you personally have no idea what goes on in the mind of a professional athlete, making judgment calls for them is how do you say, Delusional.
i think its better for Edmonton to have a Coach then not have one but that will not discourage him signing with them one bit. Hearing what the GM has to say its important but its probably as important to hear what Coach says because he is the one that gonna play him.

In the end of the day though, its not that big of a deal but an extra bit of selling they are missing.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:

Did Justin tell you look I won't sign there because they haven't named a head coach yet?

Perhaps when a team talks to a free agent that free agent could ask a few questions, like for instance who are you planning on hiring as a head coach during a possible interview?

Like me, you personally have no idea what goes on in the mind of a professional athlete, making judgment calls for them is how do you say, Delusional.
Did I say I knew where he was signing? Actually, even though I personally have never played professional sports, I have close friends and relatives that have that I talk to on a regular basis (and no I'm not telling some anonymous person on the internet who they are). Stop being intentionally obtuse. Unless they have a HC in place he's not signing there. That is not making a judgement call nor do I need to be inside the athlete's head to figure that one out.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingcru View Post
I just was pointing out the fact that I doubt VAN signs a rookie to do that when they are going for a championship.
Why not? If he deserves to play then he will play. It's not like this UFA crop is loaded with defensive talent. Why not take a gamble on a young defensemen from college?

Old
06-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
If that's the case then they have as much a shot as anyone.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Rude Dog

Quote:
Looks like someone just bought themselves a new joke book.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:44 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:

I agree. He only has to sign a 2 year ELC. He is going to pick the situation that is best for him. Besides, its not like they are going to sign someone that is a huge 'tard or something, and risk pissing of / stunting the development of Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yak etc. I am a Wings fan, but if I were a 21 year old sought after offensive D-man, it would be near impossible to pass up an opportunity to play with those four young players. Think of the possibilities....

Old
06-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
He's not signing in Ottawa.

There's a guy on that team, you know, Erik something....he won a trophy....yeah.
You're saying that he is not gonna sign with Ottawa because they have a Norris Trophy winning defensemen?

Old
06-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Karsa Orlong
Knight of chains

Quote:
Did I say I knew where he was signing? Actually, even though I personally have never played professional sports, I have close friends and relatives that have that I talk to on a regular basis (and no I'm not telling some anonymous person on the internet who they are). Stop being intentionally obtuse. Unless they have a HC in place he's not signing there. That is not making a judgement call nor do I need to be inside the athlete's head to figure that one out.
What if they want to crush everyone elses offers, and let him pick his own coach?

Old
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Fine with us. We'd love to sign him.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:
Sorry bro, on the internets, citation is king.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsa Orlong View Post
What if they want to crush everyone elses offers, and let him pick his own coach?
Considering their strategy when pursuing Heatley...I wouldn't be surprised if they did

Ryan Rishaug said he fully expects the Oilers to tell him "We picked Yakupov because we felt that with you we didn't need Murray".

Old
06-25-2012, 09:52 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Why would he sign in Edmonton with no head coach in place? Sorry Oiler fans, but that is just not going to happen.
Quote:
Wow. Delusional! You think he would sign not knowing who the HC is? Hardly any player in his position would do that.

Also, I never gave any reasons why I think he should sign with my favorite team.
Quote:
Several times you clearly state what he will or won't do, sort of runs counter to your argument.

However completely unsubstantiated claims by a different unknown random internet poster should be taken by the rest of us as carved in stone?

the kids have a saying "I" have seen frequently on these boards....

cool story bro.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are

vCash: 50
Jeez, so many random assertions going on about what'll make Justin choose which city. Guess what, I heard Justin Schultz took a really good dump once at a rest stop outside saskatoon so now he wants to go be a Saskatchewan Roughrider instead.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:54 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Jeez, so many random assertions going on about what'll make Justin choose which city. Guess what, I heard Justin Schultz took a really good dump once at a rest stop outside saskatoon so now he wants to go be a Saskatchewan Roughrider instead.
Bravo sir, you win the interwebs /thread

Old
06-25-2012, 09:55 PM
silvercanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Sens assistant GM T. Murray confirmed that Shultz is down to 3-5 teams and Ottawa is one of the teams.

I think with the Sens (mostly Bryan Murray's past) tremendous track record of UFA's coming in and being successful has obviously kept us in the mix.
And now even the GM's are getting into it.

nay on the confirmation.

Quote:
I believe we have a shot, Senators assistant GM Tim Murray told The Team 1200 Monday. I believe its down to 3-5 teams, and I believe were one of those teams.
It's extremely doubtful that the Senators or any team has had any meaningful discussions with his agent on the first day he's allowed to talk to teams. Schultz wasn't even supposed to meet with his agent on Monday.

Sounds like the Sens just want to drum up some interest for their fans.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:56 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
I like Ottawa's chances. Not saying they're the best but they're a mix of all the other rumoured Canadian teams.

- Playoff Team
- Young and up and coming
- A spot waiting for him in the top 4
- An offensive style of play that suits his style from everything I've read
- Good track record with college kids
- An even better track record with developing elite level dmen

Very few teams in the league can offer what Ottawa can offer him, imo.
Ottawa could easily fall into the same fate as Colorado who looked good, young up and coming and then missed the playoffs the following season. It's not like the Sens made it easily either.

They're a bubble playoff team.

The Canucks, Oilers and Leafs all play an offensive style. He could fit into the Top 4 of all 3 of these specific teams as well.

You're bang on about elite level dmen as they've done that with Chara and Karlsson now.

Track record with College kids? I believe every team has a few of those.

In addition, im sure fans of each team could provide a couple of extra things that the others couldnt.

I dont see a frontrunner personally but I've going by what I've seen from the Usual TSN guys who stated that Canada is his preference.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:57 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:
Sorry, BRO, but IDGAF.
Chill your harsh, bro. So you don't know pro athletes, nothing to be ashamed of.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Several times you clearly state what he will or won't do, sort of runs counter to your argument.

However completely unsubstantiated claims by a different unknown random internet poster should be taken by the rest of us as carved in stone?

the kids have a saying "I" have seen frequently on these boards....

cool story bro.
I really don't care if you believe what I posted or not. You said that I don't know what goes thru the mind of a professional athlete and I mentioned that I know a few so I have more of an idea than most. All I said was that he wouldn't sign if there was no HC in place and supposedly one will be hired by Wednesday so the point is moot.

Closed Thread