HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Camp

Old
06-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Prospect Camp

Mark your calendars, everyone. It will run from July 9-13 this year.

Who is going? I know I will.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:31 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
I may as well get out there for a day. Nothing better to do being unemployed.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Cullksinikers

Free to get in and what not. Definitely cool to see some of the guys you have hopes for right in front of you. I went to two of the practices last year. I need to catch a scrimmage.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Blue Liner

I'll definitely get out for at least one day.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:10 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I'll be there whichever day(s) I don't have work.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 03:07 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Will almost certainly go sat, sun and mon.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 06:00 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Whoever does end up going, bring a camera and post some vids on Youtube for those who couldn't be there!

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:10 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Free to get in and what not. Definitely cool to see some of the guys you have hopes for right in front of you. I went to two of the practices last year. I need to catch a scrimmage.
I went to a few sessions, and got there a little late for the scrimmage. The scrimmage got packed. I didn't know who Shaw was at the time, but he sent D. Olsen to the lockeroom for repairs. It was fast tempo for a scrimmage.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Will almost certainly go sat, sun and mon.

No Sat or Sun

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Whoever does end up going, bring a camera and post some vids on Youtube for those who couldn't be there!
that would be great

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 5113
I doubt it, though I'll be keeping my ears open in regards to what happens there.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:44 AM
hawksfan50

Well Chicago has announced the dates for Prospects Camp but not the roster of invitees yet-includig FA invitees ...I checked in the thread on Development Camp Invitees running inanother section of the HF boards to see if some of my favourite OHL undrafted kids wre invited to prospect camps by NHL teams ..So far i have not seen the names of the 3 BRAMPTON d-men I like who have not been drafted -but were part of a very solid Brampton d-corps of stingy defense last season in the oHL...the 3 are:

'92 born Cameron Wind 2g 19a 94PIM's +16 6'1 209
'93 born Zach Bell 5g 16a 77PIM's +22 6'1 215
'94 born Markus McIvor 1g 13a 35PIM's -1 6'1 204

IF they have not yet been invited elsewhere STAN the MAN ought to invite all 3 to the Chicago prospects Camp ---Bell hits and is physical,Wind is smart and can move the puck out--a good tanndem withsize and shutdown ability --McIvor is the least developed but best skater among the 3...but of course these are not the puny small PMD's that STANBOW seems to crave .still the older two could help Rockford ...Bell is the worst skater of the 3 but he hits and rubs out people and crease clears well --if paired with the right guy he can be part of the correct combination for a pairing...Note that the +16 and +22 of Wind and Bell on a team like Brampton wich doesn't score a lot is evidence of a solid d-pairing...

DYLAN BLUJUS the other '94 draft eligible from Brampton (6'3 193) went 40th overall to TB...but actually Wind and Bell were as expected of older guys more advanced ..

Anyway I'm just saying that these 3 undrafteds from Brampton should be invited to CHI's camp if not invited already to other teams's camps-if it were me I'd invite them even all 3 if it were possible. Not going to score much but they can defend...

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

I'll probably catch a practice or scrimmage depending on when they start. I get out of work at 11 so I'm hoping there's a noon or 1 o'clock start in there somewhere

Gootie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 03:18 PM
stingo

I won't catch any of it, but will depend on all of those who do go, to write detailed reports on our prospects. Can't wait to see how it goes, and who stands out.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Ilrider

We will definitely catch at least one day of camp.

Ilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

I will be there every day, like last year, and will post entire videos on my FB like I did last year.

Its great when you have unlimited funds....it really is.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:01 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Its great when you have unlimited funds....it really is.
what?

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:58 AM
Hockeyfrilla

6'8 swedish dman Viktor Svedberg invited to prospect camp

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=13538

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:36 AM
stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
6'8 swedish dman Viktor Svedberg invited to prospect camp

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=13538
Nice. I don't know much about him to be honest, but I like his size, providing he can skate.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:34 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 5113
Certainly couldn't hurt. Definitely could use some size on the blue line, though obviously that's just one of the many factors that we need to consider with him. If he's even a halfway decent skater and passer though, his size alone makes him an interesting potential addition.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:42 AM
HankTheTankYoLo

That Viktor Svedberg is huge, he maybe can work hes skates more, but he has all the tools to be a great defender.

I hope that he will take the next step in Frolunda and that he will eventually get a NHL contract.

If any1 have any questions about him, just ask

HankTheTankYoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:08 PM
hawksfan50

1. BUT where is the confirm he was invited to Chicago's camp?

2. With that size,how has he gone undrafted even as a "project"? NHL teams can't be that ignorant of him -so i guess the verdict on the skating/mobility issue is : Can't be improved--so don't bother?

OR--miraculously ,has this guy slipped through the cracks?

Note he was only -2 in the reg season and -1 in the playoffs--so his mobility issue was not that much of a problem -I mean the great skater leddy was -12 (albeot at the NHL level) --still the report that this guy has good positinining instinct is halfthe battle in defenfending...active stick and his reach also should help him defend and the size to shove guys off pucks helps defend--a lot..
BUT still---when swift NHL skaters go by him like a pylon on rushes THAT could be a problem -on the other hand,playing on smaller NA rinks should help the BIG D-men more easily anfle guys into the boards...so overall an intriguing "prokect" to follow at camp...hOpe he surprises..

Again though--where does it say he is coming to Chicago's camp?

Old
06-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Hawkscap

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...k-till-chicago

translated by google

He is the elite series' greatest players. That combined with a good rookie season for Frölunda have NHL clubs will be interested. Now Victor Svedberg chance to show off in front of the Chicago Blackhawks.
- They want to form an opinion of him as a player, says agent Pontus Noren to hockeysverige.se.
He measure 204 cm above ground and weighs 106 kg. Victor Swedberg , at least to the size seen elite series in response to Zdeno Chara . Frölunda hill's size has made ​​several NHL clubs interested and even if no one has draftat 21-year-old from Gothenburg, there were several who had contacted him and wanted to invite him to their development camp this summer. It was finally the Chicago Blackhawks who won out in the fight. - It was quite early on, says agent Pontus Norén at AMA Sports Agency. - They have followed him for a while and wanted to take a closer look now. They want to form an opinion of him as a player. Viktor's an exceptionally high rollers and the size is always interesting for NHL clubs. "A bit of a lateblommer" Noren is careful to emphasize that it is not about any tryout. Svedberg still has a contract with Frölunda and will play in the top division next season. However, he is free agent in NHL languages ​​because no club has draftat him and he has passed the age of 21. That makes him attractive to NHL clubs in the future. - He had a good first year in the top division. One sees that the pieces start falling into place. He is 204 centimeters and a bit of a latebloomer. It usually takes longer for such players to sort out everything, but it will be exciting to follow him in the long run, says Pontus Norén. Victor Svedberg was ombytt in all 55 league matches for Frölunda last season. He accounted for three goals and five points.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:37 PM
hawksfan50

So as he is under contract we cannot sign him --jst an evaluation and scouts for other teams will probably infiltrate our camp to also keep an eye on him---so even if he passes muster for Stan,Q et al,we still could see him go to another team next year as an FA then?

On the other hand--maybe we can send OLESZ to Frolunda for this guy's rights and they release him ..We could pay 2/3 of Olesz' contract or more --maybe all of it --since we have to anyway if he were in Rockford... Plus a generous donation to the Frolunda club's "development Fund" ---where there is a will there is a way..

I don't care if he doesn't score much-- we need competent defenders...

1.Sign Suter ...
2. Trade Montador and not ready Leddy..
3. ADD Dahlbeck and Svedberg ...

Gotta cut down from the horrendous number of goals we gave up last year...

BTW: it is time to move Sean Lalonde from d to forward...Years ago they did that with DOUG MOHNS and it worked out great....a few yearsago when we drafted Lalonde everyone said what a marvelous skater and offensive attacker he was--trouble is he had to improve to NHL level quality defensively--has not happened else he would be a serious candidate for a spot on our roster by now after 2 years in Rockford..NOT GONNA HAPPEN --so either stays a career aHL'er,is not re-signed eventually, or we experiment and move him up front like I said we should when we drafted him..I never thought his defensive processing was good enough ...looks like i was correct...but he still canskate like the wind.put him up front and turn him loose without all the head0aches involved with d-man processing of the play..Maybe it will work?

Old
06-27-2012, 12:45 PM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
So as he is under contract we cannot sign him --jst an evaluation and scouts for other teams will probably infiltrate our camp to also keep an eye on him---so even if he passes muster for Stan,Q et al,we still could see him go to another team next year as an FA then?

On the other hand--maybe we can send OLESZ to Frolunda for this guy's rights and they release him ..We could pay 2/3 of Olesz' contract or more --maybe all of it --since we have to anyway if he were in Rockford... Plus a generous donation to the Frolunda club's "development Fund" ---where there is a will there is a way..

I don't care if he doesn't score much-- we need competent defenders...

1.Sign Suter ...
2. Trade Montador and not ready Leddy..
3. ADD Dahlbeck and Svedberg ...

Gotta cut down from the horrendous number of goals we gave up last year...

BTW: it is time to move Sean Lalonde from d to forward...Years ago they did that with DOUG MOHNS and it worked out great....a few yearsago when we drafted Lalonde everyone said what a marvelous skater and offensive attacker he was--trouble is he had to improve to NHL level quality defensively--has not happened else he would be a serious candidate for a spot on our roster by now after 2 years in Rockford..NOT GONNA HAPPEN --so either stays a career aHL'er,is not re-signed eventually, or we experiment and move him up front like I said we should when we drafted him..I never thought his defensive processing was good enough ...looks like i was correct...but he still canskate like the wind.put him up front and turn him loose without all the head0aches involved with d-man processing of the play..Maybe it will work?
yaaaa that sounds like it would work great

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote