HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maple Leafs may lose out on Nash, Luongo and Schultz

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2012, 08:43 AM
  #151
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,305
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaninfritz View Post
Buying out Armstrong freed up 2 million in cap space. Since Montreal signed him for this year, they take on the 1 million buyout penalty we have for this season.
Doesn't work like that. We still have the 1 million against the cap for Armstrong this season and next.

Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:00 AM
  #152
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats
 
leafs1habs0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
Doesn't work like that. We still have the 1 million against the cap for Armstrong this season and next.
Yeah just like Darcy Tucker who is unbelievably still on the books for another two years too.

leafs1habs0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:07 AM
  #153
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
Doesn't work like that. We still have the 1 million against the cap for Armstrong this season and next.
Armstrong was at 3 million, we buy out his final year at 2/3 over twice the term(1 mill this coming year and again the year after that). So instead of 3 million the cap hit is 1 million this season.

We added McClement and still have .5m space in the bargain vs. just paying Armstrong.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
  #154
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,305
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Armstrong was at 3 million, we buy out his final year at 2/3 over twice the term(1 mill this coming year and again the year after that). So instead of 3 million the cap hit is 1 million this season.

We added McClement and still have .5m space in the bargain vs. just paying Armstrong.
Yep, that's great cap management.

Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:48 AM
  #155
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Armstrong was at 3 million, we buy out his final year at 2/3 over twice the term(1 mill this coming year and again the year after that). So instead of 3 million the cap hit is 1 million this season.

We added McClement and still have .5m space in the bargain vs. just paying Armstrong.
Burke has a knack for making lemonade out of the sour lemons he signs.
He transformed Lebda but now the leafs are saddled with Lombardi.
And Orr and Komisarek look unsalvageable at this point.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
  #156
Liminality
Registered User
 
Liminality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Burke has a knack for making lemonade out of the sour lemons he signs.
He transformed Lebda but now the leafs are saddled with Lombardi.
And Orr and Komisarek look unsalvageable at this point.
Orr is buried in the minors for now.

The only problem I see is Komisarek, probably the worst signing Burke has done as GM of the Leafs.

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.