HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Sens would like to add another D - David Savard

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2012, 11:37 AM
  #26
Nikita Filatov
Registered User
 
Nikita Filatov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Methot = 3rd pairing defenseman on the worst team in the league. He's also overpaid. In what world is he worth those players?

Similar situation with Savard. He's not worth a young top 6 forward like Foligno at the moment, though fair enough if that's what it would take to get him.
While I did mean Savard/Moore for Foligno, Methot isn't quite as bad as you're making him out to be. He has been at the world hockey championships the past two years and was penciled into our top four at the beginning of the year when we looked like a potential playoff team. His contract might look a little scary now but a lot of us thought it was at least somewhat deserved after his 2010-2011 season.

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:27 PM
  #27
Kezia
egg
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,862
vCash: 50
I would not trade Foligno for savard or moore or methot... even if they were all packaged together.

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:04 PM
  #28
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler View Post
I would not trade Foligno for savard or moore or methot... even if they were all packaged together.
No one says you have to. We're just saying that if we move one of our defensemen it needs to be for a useful forward.

What about a Savard for Silfverberg swap?

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:13 PM
  #29
guyzeur
Registered User
 
guyzeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
No one says you have to. We're just saying that if we move one of our defensemen it needs to be for a useful forward.

What about a Savard for Silfverberg swap?
If you put aside the fact that you may ask for an overpayment...

Do you think the value is close in a 1 for 1 trade between Silverberg and Savard?

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:18 PM
  #30
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
If you put aside the fact that you may ask for an overpayment...

Do you think the value is close in a 1 for 1 trade between Silverberg and Savard?
I'm not too concerned with value... It looks (at least to me) that Savard is going to be a #3-#4 defenseman who can run a powerplay. If I'm going to trade a kid like this I want someone who looks like a top-6 forward. Otherwise, I'm content to wait for him to develop another year or two to increase his value.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:28 PM
  #31
guyzeur
Registered User
 
guyzeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
I'm not too concerned with value... It looks (at least to me) that Savard is going to be a #3-#4 defenseman who can run a powerplay. If I'm going to trade a kid like this I want someone who looks like a top-6 forward. Otherwise, I'm content to wait for him to develop another year or two to increase his value.
I think I should start threads with other teams, you sir have way too much common sense.


guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.