HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Stastny Thread

Old
04-20-2014, 10:44 AM
famicommander

vCash: 500
3 goals and 4 assists in 2 games, on a 75% shooting percentage.

PAY THE MAN

famicommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 01:02 PM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

Seeing how much fun and success Pauly is having with this line and team in general, I just can't see him deciding to sign somewhere else. I am convinced both parties will find a way for him to stick on this team.

AllAboutAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Averick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
Seeing how much fun and success Pauly is having with this line and team in general, I just can't see him deciding to sign somewhere else. I am convinced both parties will find a way for him to stick on this team.
They gotta keep this line together. It's too good not to. Minnesota has more depth with Duchene out. This line has been so good, it's making Minnesota's depth advantage irrelevant. It's a game changing line. By that I mean there are many games that are won because the Avs have that line and the other team doesn't.

They complement each other so well. MacKinnon's speed creates so much space for Stastny and Landeskog. Stastny and Skog are too skilled to give them that much open space. That goal where MacKinnon raced down the left boards and left it behind for Stastny, who passed behind him to Skog should be put in a time capsule as an example of what this line is capable of. The entire defense was so hyper-alert to MacKinnons speed, the entire defense flowed to MacKinnon. By the time Skog got it, the entire right side of the ice was undefended. It's beautiful hockey. With so much of the playoffs being marred by ugly incidents, the NHL needs this.

Last edited by Averick*: 04-21-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Averick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averick View Post
They gotta keep this line together. It's too good not to. Minnesota has more depth with Duchene out. This line has been so good, it's making Minnesota's depth advantage irrelevant. It's a game changing line. By that I mean there are many games that are won because the Avs have that line and the other team doesn't.
And the scary thing for other teams is, if we get to round 2, were going to have 2 of those lines, not just one.

It'll be a pick your poison situation. If the other team shuts down Mack/Landy/Stas, then Dutchy/ROR/PAP are going to be having a field day.

Our forward depth could bring us quite far these playoffs, once we get Duchene back.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Averick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
And the scary thing for other teams is, if we get to round 2, were going to have 2 of those lines, not just one.

It'll be a pick your poison situation. If the other team shuts down Mack/Landy/Stas, then Dutchy/ROR/PAP are going to be having a field day.

Our forward depth could bring us quite far these playoffs, once we get Duchene back.

I just hope Duchene isn't rusty or timid. If those two lines are clicking at the same time, forget it. The only thing that could maybe stop them is if the refs swallow the whistles, which is unfortunate because it happens more and more the deeper you get into the playoffs.

Averick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Probably started the whole mess with his blog post.
Just like how he started the whole Landy shouldn't be captain crap all by himself. Literally no one was worried or talking about it, and then he just kept bringing it up and it became something they had to acknowledge all the time.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 06:11 PM
famicommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post

Not to mention how much better the third and fourth lines get.
Talbot-Mitchell-McGinn
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

Is a lot better than
McLeod-Cliche-Talbot
Carey-Malone-Bordeleau

famicommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Seedling
Tier 7 fan (ballcap)

vCash: 50
Oiler fan here. I hope you guys can keep Stastny. He's been a lot of fun to watch with all that skill and speed around him. I cannot imagine him in another uniform.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote