vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Why is Italy on this board?

?

Old
01-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Kitsune

I believe its because italy is hosting the 2006 winter olympics and as host, have to field a team.

Old
01-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Kiraly

I've always wondered why Italy is under the central European classification and Germany and Austria are classified under western Europe...

...you would think that they should all be listed under Central Europe.

Old
01-03-2005, 03:05 PM
sk84fun_dc

I consider Italy as part of Western Europe. If Germany and Austria are being classified as Western then Italy definitely belongs in that section. However, I will defer to any Italians on the boards.

Old
01-04-2005, 04:28 AM
Albi

I wanted to start a thread about the Italian League, I was wondering if it could be a good idea...there are a few NHLers playing here so maybe someone would be interested...

Old
01-04-2005, 12:30 PM
guinness
those were the days

What's the deal with the blue jersies (for the national team), I've heard that their nickname is the "The Blues", but why not green or red? Usually, countries go with colors that match their flag, and it was just the weirdest thing Italy play in blue jersies.

Old
01-05-2005, 02:06 AM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
What's the deal with the blue jersies (for the national team), I've heard that their nickname is the "The Blues", but why not green or red? Usually, countries go with colors that match their flag, and it was just the weirdest thing Italy play in blue jersies.
All our national teams (soccer, basketball, volleyball) play with blue jerseys. Now, to be honest with you, I don't know why, and I've never thought about it before...

Old
01-05-2005, 06:31 AM
Ste'

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
The first time Italy had the blue jersey was on 1911 for a football match against Hungary and then extended to all the other sports. Why the blue (exactely light blue, azure) ? Because the light blue was part of the Royal coat-of-arms. On that time in Italy there was the monarchy, Savoia (not Ryan ).

Old
01-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste'
The first time Italy had the blue jersey was on 1911 for a football match against Hungary and then extended to all the other sports. Why the blue (exactely light blue, azure) ? Because the light blue was part of the Royal coat-of-arms. On that time in Italy there was the monarchy, Savoia (not Ryan ).
Ste, I don't know if the guys here know about Ryan Savoia...
Btw, Savoia is a canadian forward who plays this year with HC Milan and spent part of the previous seasons in Switzerland.

Last edited by Albi: 01-05-2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old
01-07-2005, 10:05 PM
You're Retarded

vCash:
Dai Azzurri!

Old
01-09-2005, 01:19 AM
KoopsKings

Have you guys heard of the canadian defencemen named carter trevisani?, he plays for mastini varese... rumour has it he may make the italian national team.

Old
01-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopsKings
Have you guys heard of the canadian defencemen named carter trevisani?, he plays for mastini varese... rumour has it he may make the italian national team.
I think he has to play at least 2 seasons here to be eligible for the Italian National Team. I don't know if it's going to happen, but it's a possibility.

HC Varese official website
To see Trevisani profile, click on "squadra" (left side of the page), then "roster"...

Old
01-10-2005, 10:45 AM
balboozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I wanted to start a thread about the Italian League, I was wondering if it could be a good idea...there are a few NHLers playing here so maybe someone would be interested...
nice idea, i will help you with news from bolzano

Old
01-10-2005, 03:33 PM
KoopsKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I think he has to play at least 2 seasons here to be eligible for the Italian National Team. I don't know if it's going to happen, but it's a possibility.

HC Varese official website
To see Trevisani profile, click on "squadra" (left side of the page), then "roster"...

Ya thanks. Ive been on the site before and its not very good. I would like to see his season stats if you know of a site for that please let me know. As for the national team, there was some tournament last year where he was called up because of some injuries and played a couple games for italy. And besides this is his second season with mastini so if that was the rule he would be eligable for the olympics.

Old
01-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by balboozer
nice idea, i will help you with news from bolzano
OK!

Nice to get some help...and don't worry, even if I live in Milan, I'm not a Vipers fan.
I'm just a die-hard Kings fan, who love to play both ice and roller hockey, that's it...

Old
01-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopsKings
Ya thanks. Ive been on the site before and its not very good. I would like to see his season stats if you know of a site for that please let me know. As for the national team, there was some tournament last year where he was called up because of some injuries and played a couple games for italy. And besides this is his second season with mastini so if that was the rule he would be eligable for the olympics.
Try this...

Italian League Stats

Closed Thread