HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Omark: I want to play in NHL

Old
06-26-2012, 08:43 PM
runeeres
Seasons in the Abyss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
It's hard to believe him and Maggy can be so far apart attitude wise. Magnus will do anything it takes to be an NHL player. I met him in Toronto during the playoffs. Seems like a standup guy.
You know, I think you're wrong there. I really think Omark has a dogged tenacity to make in the NHL and to do whatever it takes, but he's simply lost his way somewhere down the line. I don't think it's a question of attitude, simply of not hacking it.

runeeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:05 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

vCash: 203
I don't even see a bad work ethic from omark, he never shys away from the boards and consistently steals the puck from bigger, stronger defencemen..he protects the puck very well.. he's very talented but edmonton doesn't have room for more small skilled wingers, they need size with grit.

When did edmonton qualify him?

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:10 PM
CupofOil
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Get ready for another lengthy oilers front office screw job of a player that has fallen out of favor.

Get ready for another media bltiz from the 'hired help' radio announcers blasting Omark as much as possible.

Get ready for another hoard of Lemming like fans patting the team on the back for black balling a 'malcontent' and yucking it up.

Get ready for the bewildered look and shoulder shrugging when the team can't sign a FA other than ones that they have to over pay for that no one else really wants.
Get ready for Beerfish to overreact yet again to a non-situation.

So i'm guessing that you think that Omark isn't in the NHL because the evil Oilers management won't allow him to be and that none of this is Omark's fault? Am i doing this right?

CupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:11 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
v2.0

It can't be any clearer.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:17 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Get ready for Beerfish to overreact yet again to a non-situation.

So i'm guessing that you think that Omark isn't in the NHL because the evil Oilers management won't allow him to be and that none of this is Omark's fault? Am i doing this right?
You missed the part about how Omark is a better player than Horcoff. Other than that you're pretty much spot on.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Can't believe he's still an Oiler. Tambo is sleeping.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:41 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
Shopped him at the draft and not one team was interested apparently.

I'm actually surprised he even got a qualifying offer.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4theFuture View Post
There's got to be a team out there desperate for offense that could play him on their second line. But I'm sure if Tambo had received any offer for him, he would have taken it already. Perhaps once most of the UFAs have signed and a team is still desperate a trade might be available.
Islanders are going to lose Parenteau......

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Who?

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:42 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
Yes, there must be have been multiple options available for Tambo to jump on...well, other than the fact that Omark wasn't worth a seventh round pick at the draft. But otherwise, yes, Tambo must be sleeping.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:48 PM
DrDreidelz

vCash: 1000
Would rather have Omark the lose him for nothing...

Crazy how hard working players with skill get trashed but lazy talentless plugs get the C.

DrDreidelz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:51 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDreidelz View Post

Crazy how hard working players with skill get trashed but lazy talentless plugs get the C.
Your two statements have no correlation...

Old
06-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Agron
BELIEVE.

I wanna be in the nhl also

Agron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:58 PM
ThePresent83

He had a bit of a bad attitude and sense of entitlement.

But when he's IN the NHL and on the ice, he is a hard worker. Just no room for him.

If Gagner IS on his way out, and I guess if we are moving Hall to center (I hope this isnt the case) then it opens up a wing spot. I guess I wouldnt mind him on a line with Hall and Hemsky.

Oh well, good luck to him. Hope he doesnt come back to burn us.

ThePresent83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:59 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Bieber View Post
I wanna be in the nhl also
NHL13...Omark can add himself to any team he wants.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:

Trashed? Give your head a shake.

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:00 AM
DrDreidelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Your two statements have no correlation...
I'm glad we signed Omark.

Everyone on the message boards and in the media insults a talented hard working player.

Organization and majority of its fans put a talentless hack on a pedestal.

Old
06-27-2012, 12:05 AM
PigeonCamera

Hatchet Job

Wow...what's with all the bash...err...sorry...

Seriously though...that guy has a great effing work effort...link one report where he's shown to be lazy at practice...

As for politics...YUP. He should have made the team out of camp in year one, and he sure as **** would have stuck in year two if he wasn't playing with Eric "chicken****" Belanger.

He doesn't hide, he digs in the corners, and he creates. No, he's not a fit here, because we are absolutely stacked on the wing...but that doesn't mean he's suddenly a ***** player. The Oilers mismanaged the crap out of him down the stretch, which humped him and humped them...the guy puts up points; the odd team might be interested in that.

He's done here...no need to piss on the casket.

PigeonCamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:07 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
I'm glad we signed Omark.

Everyone on the message boards and in the media insults a talented hard working player.
Organization and majority of its fans put a talentless hack on a pedestal.
But everyone is wrong but you?

Old
06-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigeonCamera View Post

Seriously though...that guy has a great effing work effort...link one report where he's shown to be lazy at practice...

As for politics...YUP. He should have made the team out of camp in year one, and he sure as **** would have stuck in year two if he wasn't playing with Eric "chicken****" Belanger.

He doesn't hide, he digs in the corners, and he creates. No, he's not a fit here, because we are absolutely stacked on the wing...but that doesn't mean he's suddenly a ***** player. The Oilers mismanaged the crap out of him down the stretch, which humped him and humped them...the guy puts up points; the odd team might be interested in that.

How about reading the comments in the thread before doing a drive-by pissing?

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:09 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigeonCamera View Post

And no need to blow hot air up the butt of a player that was clearly not performing the job necessary to remain in the NHL...it isn't just the Oilers - no other team wanted him.

Old
06-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Linus should really stop talking to the media.

I don't see a future in the NHL for this guy at all. He's just gonna be another one of those players that can't make the cut.....anywhere.

Good luck in Sweden Linus.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeeres View Post
You know, I think you're wrong there. I really think Omark has a dogged tenacity to make in the NHL and to do whatever it takes, but he's simply lost his way somewhere down the line. I don't think it's a question of attitude, simply of not hacking it.
I'll go out on a line here and continue a theme from another thread that the Oilers braintrust can't stand or tolerate anybody that doesn't have the hockey player PR aw- shucks bible memorized.

Omarks a bit of a character, a card, who tends to speak whats on his mind. On a personal level I rarely have much of a problem with an individual like that. Its the people that can smile through a grimace that I worry about.

MPS is just more NA ready in personality presentation. I think thats the major difference. Omark got on somebodies wrong side and it never really stopped.

The difference now is that Omark and his agent realizes that he's chopped chicken liver and has been for awhile and MPS is still in the plans.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:14 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I'll go out on a line here and continue a theme from another thread that the Oilers braintrust can't stand or tolerate anybody that doesn't have the hockey player PR aw- shucks bible memorized.

Omarks a bit of a character, a card, who tends to speak whats on his mind. On a personal level I rarely have much of a problem with an individual like that. Its the people that can smile through a grimace that I worry about.
MPS is just more NA ready in personality presentation. I think thats the major difference. Omark got on somebodies wrong side and it never really stopped.

The difference now is that Omark and his agent realizes that he's chopped chicken liver and has been for awhile and MPS is still in the plans.
We just drafted that person first overall...you have to demonstrate the talent to back up the character.

Old
06-27-2012, 12:18 AM
DrDreidelz

I'm just saying I'm glad they qualified Omark. Yes better players weren't qualified by their respective teams but we can't afford to lose any prospects and players that had/have potential. We haven't had a consistent coaching staff and I'd hate to see our guys go somewhere else and thrive. We are not a contender making minor tweaks moving a guy who didn't fit to bring in people who will we need all the potential we can get.