HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

George Parros

Old
06-27-2012, 03:27 AM
BrookswasHere44

vCash: 500
George Parros

Who wants? How much? Hes testing UFA

BrookswasHere44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 03:28 AM
bWo

i will trade for his mustache.

bWo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 03:41 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Wouldn't be surprised to see a team offer him a contract, he wants to go to a team where he can play the majority of games, something Anaheim couldn't offer.

Personally, don't think he's an effective enforcer anymore, the eye injury really set him back, and hasn't shown anything since it.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:12 AM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

To Toronto along with Prust and Moen is my guess.

Truculence.

Last edited by Tyskie: 06-27-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:14 AM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
didn't even know he was still in the league

he should go to the KHL he'd probably be a huge hit over there - he looks 1960 russian

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:38 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
didn't even know he was still in the league

he should go to the KHL he'd probably be a huge hit over there - he looks 1960 russian
Lol, Parros could not make it side to side in the big KHL/Olympic ice...other than Vityaz there is no team that would have any interest in him, he'd be lucky to secure an AHL deal since they still want to use some fighters otherwise he is done. And I am not at all sorry to see his type gone from the league, can't believe he lasted as many seasons as he did

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:07 AM
jokerboysmith

Perhaps he goes to Boston to re unite the tag team combo of Thornton and Parros from there days together in Anahiem...

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:30 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Lol, Parros could not make it side to side in the big KHL/Olympic ice...other than Vityaz there is no team that would have any interest in him, he'd be lucky to secure an AHL deal since they still want to use some fighters otherwise he is done. And I am not at all sorry to see his type gone from the league, can't believe he lasted as many seasons as he did
I'd be willing to bet that he'll get an NHL deal next season. The mustache alone will secure him a contract.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:37 AM
straka91*

Quote:
Im going to laugh at this when Parros signs a 3+ year deal with a 1 million plus cap hit with an NHL team. The only other enforcer hockey wise better than him is Thornton. For a big guy he a decent skater, dont kid yourself on that one. He is this offseasons Mike Rupp, a better version. If a team gave him a chance, park his butt in front of the net and he could get 10 goals. That said no way in hell Toronto is going after him, Burke already said he is going to give Orr another shot next season.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I'd be willing to bet that he'll get an NHL deal next season. The mustache alone will secure him a contract.
For those thinking this would be a joke, it's probably pretty close to reality. George has probably among the best marketability/cost efficiency around the league. Can't help but wish him the best, and I hope he'll be on a team that can use him regularly.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
That seems like a really distorted view of his. He lasted as long as he did because he isn't quite the old blueprint of a goon. While enforcers are still a dying breed, and the hybrids (like Prust, for example) take those remaining spots, the only ones somewhat surviving were those with somewhat decent skills, and Parros falls in that category. I also really hate the Vityaz-comparision, because Parros is a very intelligent person and I can't remember him repeatedly pulling stunts that are attributed with Vityaz' lack of respect for their opponents, the game and its code.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:14 AM
longsuffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by noogies87 View Post
Im going to laugh at this when Parros signs a 3+ year deal with a 1 million plus cap hit with an NHL team. The only other enforcer hockey wise better than him is Thornton. For a big guy he a decent skater, dont kid yourself on that one. He is this offseasons Mike Rupp, a better version. If a team gave him a chance, park his butt in front of the net and he could get 10 goals. That said no way in hell Toronto is going after him, Burke already said he is going to give Orr another shot next season.
SEE MAtt Carkner, tougher and better.

longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
DeputyMcLaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
SEE MAtt Carkner, tougher and better.
No he's not. Carkner has gotten punched out more times than anyone in the league. His hockey sense is terrible, he's just an all around bad player. Parros is by far the better hockey player. Also was better at the "Enforcer" role than him.

DeputyMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Finnpin

If he doesn't get anything interesting offers in UFA-land he might return to Anaheim... if he is ready to play around 40 games.

I'm pretty sure he will be in NHL next season.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerboysmith View Post
Perhaps he goes to Boston to re unite the tag team combo of Thornton and Parros from there days together in Anahiem...
Where does he fit? Campbell and Paille are signed. Plus Parros is awful.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bWo View Post
i will trade for his mustache.
win.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote