HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DW on NHL Live 6/26 2:15

Old
06-27-2012, 01:58 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
I wont say i am a suter expert outside of nashville suter. But i know weber can play with almost any one he is paired with.
Weber struggled a bit when Suter wasn't playing. Suter didn't really lose a beat without Weber.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeRad View Post
Pretty interesting there, said PK was atrocious not blaming Niemi and saying teams are calling him because of the depth at center and D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
When asked about trade talks he strongly emphasized center depth, hopefully that doesn't mean a Pavs trade is looming he mentioned Marleau last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Anyone wanna give a recap (other than BeeRad)?
Beerad basically summed it up - Hradek and Placey asked Wilson about what the activity lately has been around the league and Wilson acknowledged that there's been "a lot of chatter". He went on to say that he considered the Sharks lucky in that they have a lot of depth in the two positions that most teams are calling him and other teams about - center and defense - and listed the names of Couture, Thornton, Pavelski, Marleau. He then added that he's actually looking for wingers.

I took that to be very interesting - I've always admired Pavelski and hoped the Sharks would make him available. With the Sabres admittedly seeking depth at center and/or a replacement for Derek Roy while having a surplus of wingers, I'm really hoping that Regier and Wilson are talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Pav's is so gone heh.
The Sabres won't deal Myers, Ehrhoff, Miller or Vanek for sure - and the odds of Pominville (their captain), Regehr (who waived his NTC last summer to accept trade to Buffalo) or Brayden McNabb being dealt seem slim.

With that said, what would be seen as a fair offer by Sharks fans for Pavelski from the Sabres' roster?

Drew Stafford + Luke Adam?

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:24 AM
do0glas

i really dont like that it seems we are leaning in on a pavs trade.

the guy gets double shifted more than any player ive seen, and for good reason. the only reason i can think this is happening because dw isnt sold on him as a winger, and is not willing to waste him as 3C (which i disagree with) so therefore he is looking to maximize the return on him after a 30 goal season.

DW is right, we do have C depth. which is why we should use it, but i also understand that besides clowe/boyle and to some extent demers/niemi, pavs is your only tradeable asset with any real return coming back. but in reality, what is a good return for pavs?

as a 30 goal scorer 60 pt player he should at least bring back a top 6 winger. add in his defensive ability/face off % and possession stats and you have to add in a prospect/high draft pick. thats just my opinion on it, and i could tolerate that trade. but i wouldnt really be happy about it.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:29 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://sharks.nhl.tv/team/console.js...d=rss-whatsnew

Video of interview

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:32 PM
sharski

you can tell DW is just waiting to make a splash in some kind of trade/signing... I just hope it's not Pavs that goes

sharski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:05 PM
WSS11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharski View Post
you can tell DW is just waiting to make a splash in some kind of trade/signing... I just hope it's not Pavs that goes
I get that feeling too. And i know that FA isn't DW's typical M.O., but i think he's gonna snag Doan up and sign him to like a 3 year deal.

WSS11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:01 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS11 View Post
I get that feeling too. And i know that FA isn't DW's typical M.O., but i think he's gonna snag Doan up and sign him to like a 3 year deal.
Unless the Sharks feel he'll "last" 3 years, it may only be a one year deal. (CBA would have cap hit of all three years to Sharks, regardless of his health, playing status. But that's the 2005 CBA. Yet to see how the 2012 CBA -- negotiations scheduled to start Friday AIUI -- will have.)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins

Semin could work

Fatturdmanshark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:46 PM
pappaf2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundsHansen32 View Post
Semin could work
The problem is he won't work. The guy seems to have an awful work ethic. I have no desire to see Semin on the Sharks.

I think Doan is the most likely to be swooped by DW. I don't know if he totally fills the need but he's a better pickup than Semin.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Hold the Pickles

Depending on the money, I think it's Doan as well. The problem is I've seen estimates on what he'll sign for all over the place--Everywhere between 4 and 6M (even some in the 3's for 3 or 4 years). I think he's the type of guy that would take less to go to a good, stable, close-ish team. But with how week this UFA class is, how much will the inflated offers he gets raise his floor?

Keeping him at or below what Havat makes would be best (No higher than 11M for 2). Maybe a slightly front loaded contract (5.5,4.5,3,3)?

Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Falco5

Going after Doan is a risky move. He will likely wait a couple weeks to sign. He really wants to remain in Phoenix and will probably give them time to figure their ownership stuff out.
Whitney on the other hand, appears to be ready to move on and sign elsewhere.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
Going after Doan is a risky move. He will likely wait a couple weeks to sign. He really wants to remain in Phoenix and will probably give them time to figure their ownership stuff out.
I think we could use Whitney's skills more at this time than Doan. Doan has good leadership qualities but we have enough of that in our team.

Whitney would also come cheaper and would most likely be ok with a one year contract.

06-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
so sign whitney right off the hop, then wait for doan. the sharks have plenty of cap space to sign both of them.

that would give the sharks a great top 9 forwards.

thornton, pavs, marleau
couture, clowe, havlat
doan, whitney, ???

and the sharks would still have 2 or so million left to sign 2 or 3 bottom 3 forwards.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:13 PM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
so sign whitney right off the hop, then wait for doan. the sharks have plenty of cap space to sign both of them.

that would give the sharks a great top 9 forwards.

thornton, pavs, marleau
couture, clowe, havlat
doan, whitney, ???

and the sharks would still have 2 or so million left to sign 2 or 3 bottom 3 forwards.
Not sure i'd want Doan. However, just think what this would do to the Yotes as a team, it would remove 2 of their top 6!

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Paperposts31

I think a good addition to our team would be P.A. Parenteau. I would love to see him play on a line with Havlat and Couture.

Paperposts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:05 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperposts31 View Post
I think a good addition to our team would be P.A. Parenteau. I would love to see him play on a line with Havlat and Couture.
Think he's going to be overpaid though, hugely.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:18 PM
do0glas

Quote:
Think he's going to be overpaid though, hugely.
hugely would be relative in this case. he got a respectable 67 points, but didnt hit 20 goals. his cap hit is only 1.25 mill at the moment, how much can you go up on a 14 pt increase from last year? the only real leverage he has is the lack of UFAs on the market that could put a team over the top. youd have to at least thing if he took clowes cap hit wed be doing an awesome FA deal.

i think DW should make a play for him, if he can be had for10 mill 3 year deal etc etc, it would be a great deal imo.

would i say this is priority 1? probably not, go after your big fish but given our track record with big FA signing, our destination, lack of SC rings etc we may have to overpay on a worse cap hit for PA.

unfortunately i havent watched a whole lot of him, so i cant say a deal like that is justified. NYI may drop 5.5 on him because they need the talent and we will rightly bow out.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:28 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
hugely would be relative in this case. he got a respectable 67 points, but didnt hit 20 goals. his cap hit is only 1.25 mill at the moment, how much can you go up on a 14 pt increase from last year? the only real leverage he has is the lack of UFAs on the market that could put a team over the top. youd have to at least thing if he took clowes cap hit wed be doing an awesome FA deal.

i think DW should make a play for him, if he can be had for10 mill 3 year deal etc etc, it would be a great deal imo.

would i say this is priority 1? probably not, go after your big fish but given our track record with big FA signing, our destination, lack of SC rings etc we may have to overpay on a worse cap hit for PA.

unfortunately i havent watched a whole lot of him, so i cant say a deal like that is justified. NYI may drop 5.5 on him because they need the talent and we will rightly bow out.
As cliche as it sounds though, the big question with PA is how much of it was Tavares?

Still, i'd take him for that deal, but i'm betting he gets something stupid like Leino got.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Paperposts31

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post

You read my mind. I would have no problem giving him a contract like Clowe's. Then we could finally put Clowe on the 3rd line. Thats scary. But NYI wants to keep him because he is a playmaker. I could't imagine what NYI would give him, but a playmaker is what we need. The Sharks play the dump and chase game from time to time depending on who is bringing the puck in the zone. Parenteau will bring it in himself all the time and will keep possession of the puck. (not just hug the boards)
But most of all, his vision IMO is freaking great. But of course, DW isn't even considering it.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Paperposts31

Quote:
As cliche as it sounds though, the big question with PA is how much of it was Tavares?

Still, i'd take him for that deal, but i'm betting he gets something stupid like Leino got.

Also, at the beginning of the season he played with Tavares hardcore for the first month or so. After that, their coach started to put Grabner with Tavares to try to help his slump. Eventually Parenteau found himself playing with Tavares on the PP. So he jumped around from the 1st and 2nd line. Dont get me wrong, Tavares was one of the keys to his success. But I think if he went to another team, he could still put up 60+ points a season.