HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) III

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2012, 08:46 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Grigs with another 2 Goals 1 assists today in a 4-1 win over Gatineau. Up to 20 points in 9 games.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:14 PM
jigglysquishy

vCash: 492
Is his play matching his stats? Because he is absolutely tearing apart the Q.

Also, what's up with that Jean-Sebastian Dea? He came out of nowhere and is putting up 2.5 PPG

Old
10-12-2012, 09:16 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
Grigs with another 2 Goals 1 assists today in a 4-1 win over Gatineau. Up to 20 points in 9 games.
Dang..Kid is just ripping that league apart.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Sabres Fan UK
eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Yep the Sabres draft well and you will have a very good team in a few years, Im only saying Grigorenko dominating the "Q" on the scoresheet isnt a huge deal to me.. He is a very skilled player with alot to like no doubt but he still has alot to work on too..
What young player doesn't still have to work on certain areas of their game? not one player is the complete package; even at NHL level.

As long as he is progressing as a player and becoming more well rounded he will be fine. We obviously don't want a defensive liability on the ice but we also aren't expecting a shutdown centre either.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:24 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Dang..Kid is just ripping that league apart.
He's not. But Kucherov and him will.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:34 PM
MXD

I was there.

2 goals (both one-timers on slappers), 1 assist, one really idiot penalty and totally invisible otherwise.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Zhead

I was at Robert-Guertin tonight for the game. Grigo was the best player on the ice for the last two periods. He scored twice on slapshot one-timers. Also tried to cut through defenders in the second period and nearly did. He didn't do too much fancy plays, he kept it pretty simple, with some good work on the forecheck. He got the second star of the game, Erne got the first. They really have chemistry together, defenders had a tough time catching them. It's gonna be scary with Kucherov joining them!

Was also really impressed by Etchegary, he's got a big body and can dangle at times. Although that might be my bias of taking him as my BAP in NHL12!

But Gatineau didn't play well at all tonight. The only goal they got was a fluke. So they weren't a big opposition for the Remparts. It's going to be a bigger test when they are going to play the B-B Armada.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:38 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhead View Post
I was at Robert-Guertin tonight for the game. Grigo was the best player on the ice for the last two periods. He scored twice on slapshot one-timers. Also tried to cut through defenders in the second period and nearly did. He didn't do too much fancy plays, he kept it pretty simple, with some good work on the forecheck. He got the second star of the game, Erne got the first. They really have chemistry together, defenders had a tough time catching them. It's gonna be scary with Kucherov joining them!

Was also really impressed by Etchegary, he's got a big body and can dangle at times. Although that might be my bias of taking him as my BAP in NHL12!

But Gatineau didn't play well at all tonight. The only goal they got was a fluke. So they weren't a big opposition for the Remparts. It's going to be a bigger test when they are going to play the B-B Armada.
Best?

You could see the guy was always, and really always, at the good place on the ice.

But, Best, really? He was invisible!

Erne and Etchegarry played a better game.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:39 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

You probably didn't watch the same game!

Old
10-12-2012, 09:49 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He's not. But Kucherov and him will.
2 points per game doesn't count as tearing it up now? What?
That line will be outright terrifying for other teams once Kucherov is added to it though.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
You probably didn't watch the same game!
Obvious Grigorenko hate is obvious... Even in different threads you try to detract from Grigorenkos accomplishments. The kid is an elite prospect and every team is jealous the Sabres got a prospect of his caliber at 12th overall. Has superstar potential.

Old
10-13-2012, 05:26 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I was there.

2 goals (both one-timers on slappers), 1 assist, one really idiot penalty and totally invisible otherwise.
Well if he can put up 3 points while being invisible most of the game just imagine what would happen if he put in an effort.
I'd gladly take this invisible 3 pt a game player anytime on my team.
Gotta just love the hate, jealousy some prospects get around here even when there out performing most players in a whole league on a nightly bases.

Old
10-13-2012, 07:45 AM
pouskin74*

Well done Grig. Buffalo should be very happy with their choice. Top 3 pick at number 12 is an amazing bargain.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Sundinisagod
Weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Obvious Grigorenko hate is obvious... Even in different threads you try to detract from Grigorenkos accomplishments. The kid is an elite prospect and every team is jealous the Sabres got a prospect of his caliber at 12th overall. Has superstar potential.
Do you really think those teams that scouted Grigs heavily and passed on him are now jealous of Buffalo? That the first 9 games of the season has completely changed their minds?

I do agree that he is an elite prospect and steal at 12th overall, but lets not pretend all the NHL team's scouts love this kid as a prospect, because we know they don't.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:36 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

I think he should retire and go into carpentry, like Joel Armia.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I really hope he proves his critics wrong. I really think he has been shunned by a lot of teams due to the mono/no-show at playoffs.

10-13-2012, 09:29 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I think now it's more about being nervous tht he's going to do better than the player your team picked before him. I'm a Habs fan and it's the feeling I get from reading posts on the Canadiens board. A kind of nervousness deep down that Galchenyuk won't be as good as Grigorenko. Not from everybody, but some of them. It's stupid to wish that a 18 yo prospect from another team will bust and I don't see another reason than being afraid your own prospect will be the one to bust.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
I think now it's more about being nervous tht he's going to do better than the player your team picked before him. I'm a Habs fan and it's the feeling I get from reading posts on the Canadiens board. A kind of nervousness deep down that Galchenyuk won't be as good as Grigorenko. Not from everybody, but some of them. It's stupid to wish that a 18 yo prospect from another team will bust and I don't see another reason than being afraid your own prospect will be the one to bust.
Ive read the habs board and I get that sence aswell.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:51 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Ive read the habs board and I get that sence aswell.
I'm a Habs fan and even I completely agree with that sentiment. Galchenyuk looks really good, but I do not see the upside that they keep clamoring about. And while Grigorenko does have issues and hasn't been dominant at all times, he consistently finds ways to produce. I will be interested to see how this year plays out for both players.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
I'm a Habs fan and even I completely agree with that sentiment. Galchenyuk looks really good, but I do not see the upside that they keep clamoring about. And while Grigorenko does have issues and hasn't been dominant at all times, he consistently finds ways to produce. I will be interested to see how this year plays out for both players.
I was very surprised when you guys passed on him. So I am not surprised with this sense tbh.

I was hoping for either of Galy or Grigo but a few days or a day before when our scout and GM stating we were thinking of going based on position but not anymore. Few posters, including myself knew it was going to be Rielly. I was upset but I am more than happy with him as our choice, however the fact we missed a center still hurts to some extent.

However Timmins has an excellent eye on talent so if Galy was picked over Grigo, he must have a solid reason to do so.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:08 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I was very surprised when you guys passed on him. So I am not surprised with this sense tbh.

I was hoping for either of Galy or Grigo but a few days or a day before when our scout and GM stating we were thinking of going based on position but not anymore. Few posters, including myself knew it was going to be Rielly. I was upset but I am more than happy with him as our choice, however the fact we missed a center still hurts to some extent.

However Timmins has an excellent eye on talent so if Galy was picked over Grigo, he must have a solid reason to do so.
Indeed, besides it's not like they shunned Grigorenko. They still invited him to Montreal, so he must've been ranked highly enough by them. Galchenyuk simply had more attributes that Timmins liked.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Indeed, besides it's not like they shunned Grigorenko. They still invited him to Montreal, so he must've been ranked highly enough by them. Galchenyuk simply had more attributes that Timmins liked.
Pretty much, each head scout has different checklist, I guess for you guys Galy fit the bill a lot more, great for you but terrible for the leaf fans lol.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Beesfan

Quote:
I doubt the Habs are regretting picking Galchenyuk yet. Everyone knows Grigorenko has a ton of talent, and it's certainly showing up right now. But, we're only 9 games into the season. The bottom line is that he has question marks coming into the draft about his drive and committment. Until he guts it out in the playoffs, I'd go with Galchenyuk every time.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:17 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Pretty much, each head scout has different checklist, I guess for you guys Galy fit the bill a lot more, great for you but terrible for the leaf fans lol.
Meh, you got yourselves a fine prospect, I actually had Rielly ranked ahead of Murray. His upside is terrific, and I'm a BIG upside guy.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:43 AM
RandR

Quote:
I agree with this sentiment.

Also being a Habs fan, I eagerly look at the scoring summaries after each Sarnia game to see how Galchenyuk is doing. Stats-wise Galchenyuk is scoring at over a point a game so far but obviously isn't doing nearly as well as Grigorenko; however, he isn't on a top team like Quebec and I suspect his linemates aren't as good as Adam Erne and Logan Shaw. And of course, stats don't mean everything.

My own opinion from last night's game was that Grigorenko had far more of a jump in his step than the game I saw him at this time last season. It's obvious that he benefits from playing with Adam Erne (who deserved 1st star) but Grigorenko did go to the right spots and those two one-timers he scored on were pretty sweet. He didn't get his nose dirty or use his body along the boards, but I do recall one shift where his forechecking in open ice did ultimately lead to a turnover in the Gatineau end.

The guy is obviously talented, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that he has superstar potential. Comparing him with the top Q picks from the year before, I was more impressed by both Huberdeau and Couturier in junior. If he didn't have an ankle injury and mono last year then I don't know if Montreal would have taken him at #3, but I highly doubt he would have dropped to #12. Good for Buffalo!

I think Grigorenko has something to prove after his stock went down so much. Season is still young, so I am interested to see what his intensity level is like as a long season goes on.

BTW, aside from Erne (now there's a guy who plays with intensity!), the other prospect I was really impressed with last night was Nick Sorenson.

Closed Thread