HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) III

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Zathronas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Who is bashing Grigorenko? Certainly not me. All Im saying is he is playing on a stacked team and there is more of a disparity between good and bad teams in the Q than there is in the other chl leagues. Maybe people should take that into account before they plan on him being a 100pt guy in the NHL?

As far as Grigorenko vs Lazar and judging from stats, Lazar does a lot away from the puck and in all aspects of the game. He is a two way player who is strong on the puck, in puck battles and plays a strong physical game. Can you say that about Grigorenko with a straight face? Ive seen Grigorenko play quite a bit, not live mind you, but enough to get a pretty good idea of what his general skill set is and his intangibles or lack thereof.

Feel free to dispute any of this if you like, but the fact you and others are trying to make it personal tells me you cant really argue with the content/facts.
First, never saw him as a 100 point guy

Second, I don't see them mentioning Grigorenko as a two way guy

Third, Not agreeing with you is not a personal attack

Fourth, Even if you could construe that it was a personal attack, the aggressiveness of your posts will attract the same.

Fifth, If you look only at stats like some people do. You could say all of your statements. But you have to admit, he has the potential talent-wise to become a first line center with great offensive skill. No more no less.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:26 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Funny Fact: The above statement is incorrect.
Forgot about the B-C game!

1/2 then!

Old
11-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Who is bashing Grigorenko? Certainly not me. All Im saying is he is playing on a stacked team and there is more of a disparity between good and bad teams in the Q than there is in the other chl leagues. Maybe people should take that into account before they plan on him being a 100pt guy in the NHL?

As far as Grigorenko vs Lazar and judging from stats, Lazar does a lot away from the puck and in all aspects of the game. He is a two way player who is strong on the puck, in puck battles and plays a strong physical game. Can you say that about Grigorenko with a straight face? Ive seen Grigorenko play quite a bit, not live mind you, but enough to get a pretty good idea of what his general skill set is and his intangibles or lack thereof.

Feel free to dispute any of this if you like, but the fact you and others are trying to make it personal tells me you cant really argue with the content/facts.
Don't even try to compare the two.

Grigorenko

Lazar.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:01 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

1) Grigorenko is by far the most important and best player on his team. They're largely "stacked" because he's there scoring nearly 2PPG for them.
2) Grigorenko isn't a future Selke winner, but he's not a slouch in his own end either. He's a smart player and knows how to read plays on the defensive side of the puck and get in the passing lanes. He's been a minus player in only 5 games this season, and a plus player in 15. And no, he's not really physical...There are PLENTY of effective scorers in the NHL who aren't, so I'm not really sure how that's relevant? I guess I'd be worried about his lack of physical edge if he projected as a 3rd liner. Thank goodness he doesn't.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:49 PM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
1) Grigorenko is by far the most important and best player on his team. They're largely "stacked" because he's there scoring nearly 2PPG for them.
2) Grigorenko isn't a future Selke winner, but he's not a slouch in his own end either. He's a smart player and knows how to read plays on the defensive side of the puck and get in the passing lanes. He's been a minus player in only 5 games this season, and a plus player in 15. And no, he's not really physical...There are PLENTY of effective scorers in the NHL who aren't, so I'm not really sure how that's relevant? I guess I'd be worried about his lack of physical edge if he projected as a 3rd liner. Thank goodness he doesn't.
Grigo is a really good player and the most important in his team for sure. But to say that the team is stacked just because he's scoring nearly 2ppg is too funny. There are 3 other forwards on the team on the verge to be selected in the 1st round of the next draft or early 2nd (Erne, Duclair, Sorensen). These guys would probably be the best player in a lot of QJMHL teams. Sure Grigo is the key piece but it's a hell of supporting cast to play with. I will use just Galchenyuk as a comparison because the debat was there earlier in the season. Erne+Sorensen+Duclair in the Q or Sarault+Boucher+Goldobin in the OHL?

Old
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
Grigo is a really good player and the most important in his team for sure. But to say that the team is stacked just because he's scoring nearly 2ppg is too funny. There are 3 other forwards on the team on the verge to be selected in the 1st round of the next draft or early 2nd (Erne, Duclair, Sorensen). These guys would probably be the best player in a lot of QJMHL teams. Sure Grigo is the key piece but it's a hell of supporting cast to play with. I will use just Galchenyuk as a comparison because the debat was there earlier in the season. Erne+Sorensen+Duclair in the Q or Sarault+Boucher+Goldobin in the OHL?
My point is really that he's the best player on a strong team; it's not like he's being propped up by greater talents.

Old
11-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Cam98

i still firmly believe Grigorenko should of been top 5 pick, reason in 2 of my fantasy leagues i drafted him top 5. Even if he turns out not to be better then Gally, he will still be be at minimum top 6 Center in NHL.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam98 View Post
i still firmly believe Grigorenko should of been top 5 pick, reason in 2 of my fantasy leagues i drafted him top 5. Even if he turns out not to be better then Gally, he will still be be at minimum top 6 Center in NHL.
I took Grigo at 11 in my league and I am darn happy I was able to get him that low. Just like when I took Couturier in the 5th round the year before. Love the draft day steals.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:50 PM
RJQuack

Fun fact:
In September 2011 he had 11 points
In september 2012 he had 11 points

In october 2011 he had 15 points
In october 2012 he had 15 points

Up to November 25 2011 he had 18 points
Up to November 25 2012 he had 17 points

... So where's the improvement

Last edited by RJQuack: 11-25-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 04:42 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Fun fact:
In September 2011 he had 11 points
In september 2012 he had 11 points

In october 2011 he had 15 points
In october 2012 he had 15 points

Up to November 25 2011 he had 17 points
Up to November 25 2012 he had 18 points

... So where's the improvement
Uh...he has 43 points?

Old
11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
Not nearly as big of a gap as you think. Sarault is one of the OHL's best playmakers, Goldobin has unreal hands and Boucher is a good sniper

Old
11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Not nearly as big of a gap as you think. Sarault is one of the OHL's best playmakers, Goldobin has unreal hands and Boucher is a good sniper
Boucher is not a good sniper, when he has time he has a wicked shot, but usually fluffs on one timers..

But Gally/Grigs are playing just as well as eachother i'd say.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Uh...he has 43 points?
He is giving the monthly stats

Old
11-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Mathletic

For what it's worth, Grigo has yet received an invitation to be part of team Russia for the WJC. There's some speculation he might not get one.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
For what it's worth, Grigo has yet received an invitation to be part of team Russia for the WJC. There's some speculation he might not get one.
Russia sure must love losing.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

Quote:
I really don't see why they wouldn't at least invite him to a training/selection camp. Who could they play ahead of him?

Old
11-29-2012, 11:49 AM
TheBeastCoast

vCash: 893
Well apperently they aren't bringing Kucherov......Maybe they have something against the CHL? But Yakupov and Grigs were both on the team last season, really wouldn't make sense.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:06 PM
kp61c

why arent they bringing kuchera and where did you hear that grigs hasnt got an invitation? in your local bar?. actually grigs and kucher are in the extented roster to the wjc which was published today

Old
11-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

I don't see a direct link yet, but according to the Russia forum, both Grigorenko and Kucherov are listed among the invites to Russia's WJC camp in Novogorsk. Who speculated that Grigorenko wouldn't be? The only rationale I could see for that would be that they are optimistic about the lockout being lifted, making Grigorenko unavailable to Russia as he'd rather be in an NHL camp with Buffalo.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Bure

Yeah they are both invited.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:02 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
I don't see a direct link yet, but according to the Russia forum, both Grigorenko and Kucherov are listed among the invites to Russia's WJC camp in Novogorsk. Who speculated that Grigorenko wouldn't be? The only rationale I could see for that would be that they are optimistic about the lockout being lifted, making Grigorenko unavailable to Russia as he'd rather be in an NHL camp with Buffalo.
Yesterday afternoon he had not been invited yet.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Yeah they are both invited.
again tonight, Remparts play-by-play guy said that Grigorenko has yet received any formal invitation from Russia

Old
11-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
again tonight, Remparts play-by-play guy said that Grigorenko has yet received any formal invitation from Russia
Well, Varnakov has Grigorenko listed on the camp roster in the official press release from the Ice Hockey Federation of Russia, so I think the Québec reports are moot.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:43 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Well, Varnakov has Grigorenko listed on the camp roster in the official press release from the Ice Hockey Federation of Russia, so I think the Québec reports are moot.
They say he didn't get a call yet which is possible.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:34 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
They say he didn't get a call yet which is possible.
technicalities, irrelevant too

Closed Thread