HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) III

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
Can you explain what this means? Buffalo didn't have him before the lockout. So if it ended, it wasn't up to them to send him anywhere. If you just worded that poorly and meant that Buffalo told Roy that they wouldn't keep Grigorenko this season, the GM said this week that he never told anybody that.
If he's talking about that quote form a month or so ago, as you said, it turns out it was BS. Darcy never promised Roy anything. At least, he says he didn't.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:05 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
he is playing junior hockey where he is far superior to most of the players, its tough to be focused all the time when you are so much better than majority of the league. Those things what you mentioned are not hard to correct. The things you need to ask are does he have the skill, speed and the physical ability, the answer is yes. I don't know if you have made it out to training camp but he has played a very "pro" style of game.
He wasn't far superior to other players in junior. He was one of the best but not a head above others, he isn't here yet. I think he cares more about juniors than you all think. He could have left for Buffalo right after the WJC but he chose to play the two games for Quebec, even if he was tired.

Dmitry Jaskin is a head above all others right now in the Q, not Grigs.

Old
01-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Lil Jim 1031

It seems that most people on here have already made up their minds about whether Grigs is ready for the NHL or not, and want to support or blame Sabres management for keeping him on the roster. Why now? Isn't this debate a bit premature.

Sabres management has no reason to decide right now if Grigs is ready to play in the NHL for the entire season. The fact of the matter is that he showed enough in training camp to earn a 5-game tryout, that's all.

It would be silly of the team not to take advantage of the 5-game window to see how he fares against NHL competition, especially after he's shown in training camp that he's not completely overmatched and has a chance to make an impact.

For those who say he's not ready, doesn't have the compete level, or won't be able to handle the physicality, his 5-game tryout should make this abundantly clear one way or another. Why not see how he looks for his first 5 games, and then we can decide whether the Sabres make the right or wrong decision. It's up to him. If he makes an obvious impact, he'll stay. If he looks like he doesn't belong, he'll go back to Quebec. Nothing has been decided yet.

Last edited by Lil Jim 1031: 01-18-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old
01-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Jim 1031 View Post
It seems that most people on here have already made up their minds about whether Grigs is ready for the NHL or not, and want to support or blame Sabres management for keeping him on the roster. Why now? Isn't this debate a bit premature.

Sabres management has no reason to decide right now if Grigs is ready to play in the NHL for the entire season. The fact of the matter is that he showed enough in training camp to earn a 5-game tryout, that's all.

It would be silly of the team not to take advantage of the 5-game window to see how he fares against NHL competition, especially after he's shown in training camp that he's not completely overmatched and has a chance to make an impact.

For those who say he's not ready, doesn't have the compete level, or won't be able to handle the physicality, his 5-game tryout should make this abundantly clear one way or another. Why not see how he looks for his first 5 games, and if he sticks or not, then we decide whether the Sabres are making the right or wrong decision.
Perfectly said. It's like a race around here to be the first to blame someone. Like it matters. The national media is the same way.

Old
01-18-2013, 02:40 PM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

vCash: 213
If Gerbe and McCormick weren't on the IR to start the season I think Grigs would be sent back...that's part of it as well.

Old
01-18-2013, 02:55 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Jim 1031 View Post

For those who say he's not ready, doesn't have the compete level, or won't be able to handle the physicality, his 5-game tryout should make this abundantly clear one way or another. Why not see how he looks for his first 5 games, and then we can decide whether the Sabres make the right or wrong decision. It's up to him. If he makes an obvious impact, he'll stay. If he looks like he doesn't belong, he'll go back to Quebec. Nothing has been decided yet.
Why can't we give our opinion of him now? If it turns out we were wrong, good for him.

I just talked about what I've seen from him so far. I'm not going to judge him about something that has not happened yet.

Old
01-18-2013, 03:05 PM
toewsintangibles

Cant wait for a Leino - Grigorenko - Armia line.. would be something us Finns call the "flegu idari" line

Absolutely hilarious

Old
01-18-2013, 03:06 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagining Defeat View Post
If Gerbe and McCormick weren't on the IR to start the season I think Grigs would be sent back...that's part of it as well.
I don't. I think you'd see one or both of Ellis/McCormick waived and/or one of Brennan/Weber traded.
Anyway, I'm excited to see what he can do with his 5 games.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:21 AM
Mergus

It's funny how many people are rooting against this kid. I don't understand it. He done everything right, said all the right things, and still people are against him.

I guess getting mono is good enough to convince everyone he is "just another lazy russian".

Old
01-19-2013, 07:24 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus View Post
It's funny how many people are rooting against this kid. I don't understand it. He done everything right, said all the right things, and still people are against him.

I guess getting mono is good enough to convince everyone he is "just another lazy russian".
Just look at the location for the negative posters. Jilted lover syndrome. Which is odd, because Grirorenko isnt choosing NHL over QMJHL, it was always going to be a function of when he is ready he moves up. He is ready now. He's moving up. He has played his last game as a Rempart. (IMO)

Old
01-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Hockeysemin

Congrats to Grigorenko, looking forward to see him play in NHL

Old
01-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Good luck Grigo!

Old
01-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
I am really happy Grigorenko made the Sabres team. I was a bit skeptical of the Leafs taking him with their pick after all the negativity surrounding him.

I really like the kid as a player, played great in the WJC, deserves a shot with the Sabres. I really hope he proves his critics wrong and becomes a #1C! He's done everything any team that drafted him could have asked for.

I can't believe people root against any 18 year old kid.

Good luck Grigs!

Old
01-20-2013, 02:39 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Hopefully he tears it up and becomes Buffalo's franchise center.

01-20-2013, 11:16 AM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Hopefully he tears it up and becomes Buffalo's franchise center.
Let's hope so!! 15 Mins to first game!

Old
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

He seems like a really good kid. Hard not to root for the guy.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Really nice behind the back pass! Really good pick up sabres! enjoy him.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:23 PM
tsujimoto74

Wish Ruff would give him some PP time or something. Only 6 minutes for the kid through 2 periods, and most of it not even with other skilled players.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:25 PM
n00b1AnPr1nc355

How has he looked so far? Obviously his ice time is being limited.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 View Post
How has he looked so far? Obviously his ice time is being limited.
Not very noticeable, he made one nice pass but otherwise not much shown, it doesn't help that he's playing with Patrick Kaleta and John Scott though.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:45 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Would of had a nice scoring chance there, but got tripped. Power Play!

Old
01-20-2013, 01:45 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Not very noticeable, he made one nice pass but otherwise not much shown, it doesn't help that he's playing with Patrick Kaleta and John Scott though.
He's playing with Ott and Leino.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Cam98

Hes been noticeable, especially just now drawing a PIM. Be nice if he was on second unit PP

Old
01-20-2013, 01:48 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He's playing with Ott and Leino.
No he's not. Leino isn't playing today, has the flu. He's playing with scrubs.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:51 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
No he's not. Leino isn't playing today, has the flu. He's playing with scrubs.
I think it changes a lot, I've seen him play with Ott, Hecht, Kaleta, ...

Closed Thread