HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2012 (2nd)

View Poll Results: Vote for our #2 Prospect!
Robin Lehner 35 25.55%
Stefan Noesen 1 0.73%
Mike Hoffman 1 0.73%
Mark Stone 7 5.11%
Matt Puempel 0 0%
Shane Prince 0 0%
Mika Zibanejad 86 62.77%
Cody Ceci 6 4.38%
Patrick Wiercioch 0 0%
Mark Borowiecki 0 0%
Andre Petersson 0 0%
Stephane Da Costa 0 0%
Jim O'Brien 0 0%
Jean-Gabriel Pageau 0 0%
Derek Grant 1 0.73%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 12:55 AM
  #26
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,843
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Zibby this time?

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:57 AM
  #27
Rumcajs
Registered User
 
Rumcajs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Peltz..man how that guy looked Stoned in the recent sens tv video

(the video that goes... "Hi im Stefan Noesen, drafted last year etc".


Well Lehner has a higher ceiling and a Patrick Roy aura about him. Im torn on this one.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:01 AM
  #28
FightingIrish
Total Lak of Respek
 
FightingIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Who the **** keeps voting for Derek Grant, reveal yourself at once.

FightingIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:06 AM
  #29
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrish View Post
Who the **** keeps voting for Derek Grant, reveal yourself at once.
The culprit is shiftypowpow. Interestingly, he is not one of the two who voted for Grant in the first thread.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:27 AM
  #30
DrEasy
:heart: Cameron
 
DrEasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,677
vCash: 500
I voted Ceci. Add Kramer please!

DrEasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:45 AM
  #31
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Petawawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,884
vCash: 500
Voted Zibby, easier for him to make the lineup at this point than it is for Lehner to make the team. Both have pretty high end potential.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:20 AM
  #32
xVolchenkov
Registered User
 
xVolchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
1. Silf
2. Mika
3. Lehner
4. Ceci
5. Stone
6. Noesen.

xVolchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:53 AM
  #33
tony d
ATD 2015
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,570
vCash: 500
Zibanejad

__________________
tony d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:08 AM
  #34
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Tough call between Ceci, Lehner, Stone and Zibby but went Ceci.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:51 AM
  #35
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,816
vCash: 500
I voted Ceci. Lehner should be next then Zibanejad or Noesen.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:16 AM
  #36
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,013
vCash: 500
Tried to vote Ilya Zubov, but couldn't see his name anywhere. HF must be glitching...







... Zibanejad was my backup pick. Might as well go with him.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:22 AM
  #37
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Tried to vote Ilya Zubov, but couldn't see his name anywhere. HF must be glitching...


... Zibanejad was my backup pick. Might as well go with him.
How "Radek"le of you.

For me its a toss between Stone and Zibanejad. Z looked smooth out there today; voted Stone but after thought would have put Z

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:39 AM
  #38
senators4life
TurrisRyanKarlsson
 
senators4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Bay, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Ceci is nowhere near our second best prospect right now.

Its between Zibanejad and Lehner for the second spot right now. I gave it to ZBad since he could possibly be in thr lineup this season and also has huge potential.

senators4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:47 AM
  #39
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,394
vCash: 500
I'm trying to connect Ryan Strome to Cody Ceci, but I just can't find a link.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:53 AM
  #40
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators4life View Post
Ceci is nowhere near our second best prospect right now.

Its between Zibanejad and Lehner for the second spot right now. I gave it to ZBad since he could possibly be in thr lineup this season and also has huge potential.
What is this based on?

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:57 AM
  #41
Yokai
Registered User
 
Yokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
What is this based on?
What would you support the reverse argument on?

Still kind of unsure how we are suppose to be ranking these kids. Are people just going off pure fantasy best case scenarios? or are they going off of who is MOST likely to reach their potential and actually play for the Ottawa Senators.

Right now the only ones who really show the potential to make the team this year are: Jakob Silfverberg, Robin Lehner, Mika Zibanejad, Mark Borowiecki, and Mark Stone with Patrick Wiercioch being a possibility if he plays like he does in Ottawa as opposed to Binghamton.

I get that O'Brien is on there as well, but even though he hasn't played over 65 games I don't really consider him a prospect. The coaching staff knows what they have in him as a player so if he plays like he did at the end of last season he'll be in the mix for a bottom six position.


Last edited by Yokai: 06-27-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:13 AM
  #42
OgieO
Registered User
 
OgieO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
What would you support the reverse argument on?

Still kind of unsure how we are suppose to be ranking these kids. Are people just going off pure fantasy best case scenarios? or are they going off of who is MOST likely to reach their potential and actually play for the Ottawa Senators.

Right now the only ones who really show the potential to make the team this year are: Jakob Silfverberg, Robin Lehner, Mika Zibanejad, Mark Borowiecki, and Mark Stone with Patrick Wiercioch being a possibility if he plays like he does in Ottawa as opposed to Binghamton.

I get that O'Brien is on there as well, but even though he hasn't played over 45 games I don't really consider him a prospect. The coaching staff knows what they have in him as a player so if he plays like he did at the end of last season he'll be in the mix for a bottom six position.
Didn't Murray say he thought Ceci had a chance to make the team this year? Probably a long shot but they obviously think very highly of him. They also had him in their top 5 in this years draft. He's also been compared to Drew Doughty by Kilrea. Not 100% reliable but I don't hear Kilrea send that praise to every Ottawa 67 player either.

The kid is a tremendous prospect and should be in the top 3 conversation imo.

btw - good question about what criteria to use when voting. I've had the same question myself. Do we have a consensus?

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:24 AM
  #43
Yokai
Registered User
 
Yokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
Didn't Murray say he thought Ceci had a chance to make the team this year? Probably a long shot but they obviously think very highly of him. They also had him in their top 5 in this years draft. He's also been compared to Drew Doughty by Kilrea. Not 100% reliable but I don't hear Kilrea send that praise to every Ottawa 67 player either.

The kid is a tremendous prospect and should be in the top 3 conversation imo.

btw - good question about what criteria to use when voting. I've had the same question myself. Do we have a consensus?
Of course they are going to tell Ceci and the fans he has a chance of making the team though. You're not going to tell your first round prospect "Yeah train hard all summer and we'll see you in Ottawa in about 3-4 years.". Every single prospect has a "chance" to make the team, but realistically for them to do so they'd have to absolutely blow management away.

Ceci was the prospect I wanted Ottawa to take, and I think the guy has a ton of talent and a bright future. That being said his main weakness is supposed to be his defensive game at the moment, so with Jared Cowen/Erik Karlsson still learning the ropes in that area are they really going to add a nineteen year old to the mix when the team is trying to make the playoffs?

I said the same thing last summer when people were trying to throw Kuba out of town and slot Borowiecki or Wiercioch in his place. If the Senators are going to be competitive they need to let their young players actually develop without rushing them into the league. I doubt we'll see any of the 2011/2012 prospects on the opening night roster aside from maybe Zibanejad(not sold though).

It really depends on what the three year plan is, and if they are still following it. If the plan is to simply grow from within and finish where ever they finish then sure toss every rookie onto the team ala Edmonton. If the plan is to make the playoffs then you sign experienced free agents to fill the voids in your roster that the prospects can't while they become the players you need to win.

Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:45 AM
  #44
senators4life
TurrisRyanKarlsson
 
senators4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Bay, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
What is this based on?
Its purely my own opinion and maybe I went over board with nowhere near our 2nd best prospect because I would actually slot him in as our 4th best prospect.

I love Ceci! I've seen him play many teams over the past few years and he is who I wanted the Sens to pick this year. I was ecstatic when he fell to us.

At the moment with the development and the potential of some of our other prospects I wouldn't slot him ahead of Silfverberg, Zibanejad or Lehner. Those are older therefore they have more development under them. I do believe that Ceci similar potential to those 3 but he still has some polishing to do.

I think this year he returns to the 67's with an emphasis on working on his defensive game and being more physical.

senators4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:02 PM
  #45
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck
 
Nabokov20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,679
vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrish View Post
Who the **** keeps voting for Derek Grant, reveal yourself at once.
If you click on the votes 'number' (i.e., the '1' for Grant), it'll tell ya who voted for who. My mind was blown the first time i did it, too.


Last edited by Nabokov20: 06-27-2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: grammar
Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:15 PM
  #46
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Still kind of unsure how we are suppose to be ranking these kids. Are people just going off pure fantasy best case scenarios? or are they going off of who is MOST likely to reach their potential and actually play for the Ottawa Senators.

Right now the only ones who really show the potential to make the team this year are: Jakob Silfverberg, Robin Lehner, Mika Zibanejad, Mark Borowiecki, and Mark Stone with Patrick Wiercioch being a possibility if he plays like he does in Ottawa as opposed to Binghamton.
I don't know about any of them showing any more than Ceci about being NHL ready with the exception of Silfverberg and maybe Borowiecki. Lehner has struggled mightily in the AHL and still needs seasoning, Zibanejad didn't dominate at the WJC or SEL like he was expected to, Stone is just coming out of a dominating junior and WJC performance and Wierchioch is coming off a pretty rough season himself.

Ceci just had a pretty dominant junior season in which he was arguably one of the best defencemen in the CHL. He's big, and he's built big and he has all summer to prepare himself. Is he likely to make the NHL? No. But I would consider his upside to be as high if not higher than the top end of our prospects, and I also believe him to be a safer bet to reach the heights of his potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senators4life View Post
Its purely my own opinion and maybe I went over board with nowhere near our 2nd best prospect because I would actually slot him in as our 4th best prospect.

I love Ceci! I've seen him play many teams over the past few years and he is who I wanted the Sens to pick this year. I was ecstatic when he fell to us.

At the moment with the development and the potential of some of our other prospects I wouldn't slot him ahead of Silfverberg, Zibanejad or Lehner. Those are older therefore they have more development under them. I do believe that Ceci similar potential to those 3 but he still has some polishing to do.

I think this year he returns to the 67's with an emphasis on working on his defensive game and being more physical.
I'm not basing this solely on development though. I am basing this on top end potential, how safe the prospect is, and likelihood of reaching their top end. I think Ceci is not only a very safe prospect but one of the ones we have that is most likely to reach his potential. That's all. I have my doubts about Zibanejad and Lehner.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:32 PM
  #47
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 50
Add Maidens

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:36 PM
  #48
senators4life
TurrisRyanKarlsson
 
senators4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Bay, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
I don't know about any of them showing any more than Ceci about being NHL ready with the exception of Silfverberg and maybe Borowiecki. Lehner has struggled mightily in the AHL and still needs seasoning, Zibanejad didn't dominate at the WJC or SEL like he was expected to, Stone is just coming out of a dominating junior and WJC performance and Wierchioch is coming off a pretty rough season himself.

Ceci just had a pretty dominant junior season in which he was arguably one of the best defencemen in the CHL. He's big, and he's built big and he has all summer to prepare himself. Is he likely to make the NHL? No. But I would consider his upside to be as high if not higher than the top end of our prospects, and I also believe him to be a safer bet to reach the heights of his potential.



I'm not basing this solely on development though. I am basing this on top end potential, how safe the prospect is, and likelihood of reaching their top end. I think Ceci is not only a very safe prospect but one of the ones we have that is most likely to reach his potential. That's all. I have my doubts about Zibanejad and Lehner.

I think alot of people put way too much expectations on Zibanejad last year. I think he had a fairly good developmental year. He had his 9 game stint in the NHL trying to adjust to the smaller ice surface, then he went back to Sweden and had to re-adapt to the big ice surface and he ended with a slightly better PPG pace than last year. He also had a decent showing at the WJC with 4 goals and 1 assist in 6 games and got the golden goal of course. He also had a good relegation tourney with 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games where his team did horribly.

I think that if he would have started the year in Sweden with his club he would have had a much better year statistically. His 2 concussions near the end of the year didn't help either.

But in the end I would say that he had a decent year. I was expecting abit more but not too much more it also really seems like he steps up his game when there is something on the line.


If you are basing your rankings purely on potential fair enough Ceci could be up there.

senators4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:43 PM
  #49
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens2k9 View Post
Same, but any order for these 3 is understandable.
Zibby's ceiling is the highest he should have won. Silf is more cant miss but his upside isnt the same, people are undermining how good a prospect Zibanejad is his physical tools are almost unmatched by any prospect in the world.

Goalies are wild cards as talented as Lehner is he is very raw and clearly has a bit of a volatile personality which for goaltenders can be a good and bad thing he is very high risk high reward until he shows some consistency.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:00 PM
  #50
senators4life
TurrisRyanKarlsson
 
senators4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Bay, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Zibby's ceiling is the highest he should have won. Silf is more cant miss but his upside isnt the same, people are undermining how good a prospect Zibanejad is his physical tools are almost unmatched by any prospect in the world.

Goalies are wild cards as talented as Lehner is he is very raw and clearly has a bit of a volatile personality which for goaltenders can be a good and bad thing he is very high risk high reward until he shows some consistency.

Agreed with everything you just said here. It does seem like Lehner has matured from watching this interview especially compared to his interviews and everything last year.

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/vi...ays-hes-better

senators4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.