HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jared Cowen Expectations

Old
06-28-2012, 08:23 PM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

vCash: 500
I think he is the long term partner on defense for Erik Karlsson.

06-28-2012, 09:58 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I think he is the long term partner on defense for Erik Karlsson.
as I said earlier, that's the bet you're making if you want cowen in a keeper league.

will it be cowen-karlsson for the next 5 years or will it be ?-karlsson and cowen-?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Berserker*

It is pretty hard to project how a player will perform in the future because it is entirely based on speculation. IMO he has the potential to be a Pronger/ Chara/ Weber type. It would be great if he ever reaches that potential, but at this point he still has quite a way to go. He could be our number 2 d man as soon as next season and down the road he may end up being our number 1 d man.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
how's his release and his ability to get it on net consistently? is it offensive-defenceman calibre?

don't get me wrong, i'm very high on the kid. but i think we're kidding ourselves if we're projecting him for 35-40+ pts.
His skills aren't done in improving and he did quite well getting the puck on net last year all considering. When you have a guy his size you've gotta let it play out and see what happens to his coordination as time goes along. I wouldn't make projections like that but there wer times last where he looked like he could put up more than people expected.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:43 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
If you projected Cowen to be Karlsson's partner long term then that projection of 35-40 pts + is plausible. I see offensive flare from Cowen. For someone his size he sure loves to jump into the play a lot and he can read plays pretty well. However by doing so he usually gets out of position which makes him struggle to defend due to his foot speed.

Does he have the skills to get that many points? Absolutely. Will he? That is up in the air and will be decided by how much he forfeits his offense to tweak his defensive side of the game
Good post.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:55 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Cowen will be on Karlsson's left side... will be score a lot of points this season? Doubtful because he will likely play a defensive role. Will Cowen eventually pick up points? I believe so... he has all the tools to create offense while being defensively responsible, kind of like Chara with more skating upside.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote