06-28-2012, 01:08 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
We already reached 222,000+ posts.

Well done.
At the rate it's going, we'll probably need a 3rd Lats thread by tomorrow. And when Parise and Suter don't sign here, well.....this is where you mods are gonna really earn your stripes.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
And when Parise and Suter don't sign here, well.....this is where you mods are gonna really earn your stripes.
Meh, I take that as we finally get to stop talking about it. But if we do get them, then the boards blow up.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:12 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Meh, I take that as we finally get to stop talking about it. But if we do get them, then the boards blow up.
This place will blow up more if we don't get them. Trust me. Nobody will survive. Not even the children. And the toxic dust will hang around a lot longer than if it blew up due to them signing.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
This place will blow up more if we don't get them. Trust me. Nobody will survive. Not even the children. And the toxic dust will hang around a lot longer than if it blew up due to them signing.
I just want something new to talk about.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Gonna have to get a screen shot at 222,222
Interesting.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:15 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
I just want something new to talk about.
Rumor has it that Nordy hooked up with Fin. There ya go. Something new!

Old
06-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

MAN ITS SO FRIGEN COLD IN THE OFFICE TOO! Like maybe 60 or something.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

Quote:
Rumor has it that Nordy hooked up with Fin. There ya go. Something new!

Wait what? Hows that working out?

Old
06-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

If we don't land either one the post count will increase dramatically. Especially if they go to a team like Pitts.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post

Wait what? Hows that working out?
Nordy put it in the blowhole?

Old
06-28-2012, 01:33 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
If we don't land either one the post count will increase dramatically. Especially if they go to a team like Pitts.
Yep. It won't be pretty. I can see a lot of us turning against each other due to frustration and rage. Might even take that day off on here.

Quote:
Nordy put it in the blowhole?
And judging by that pic, he missed.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:38 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I don't see any reason why Parise or Suter signing elsewhere would throw the forum into a rage. Unless the people who have been adamant that no one would ever sign here decide to try start something (which I would hope our mods would be on top of) I can't imagine why there would be much issue.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:40 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I don't see any reason why Parise or Suter signing elsewhere would throw the forum into a rage. Unless the people who have been adamant that no one would ever sign here decide to try start something (which I would hope our mods would be on top of) I can't imagine why there would be much issue.
Why would anyone start something like that? Look at the Lats thread right now and some people's reactions to losing him. It's like we've reached the end of the world. Parise and Suter are much bigger fish.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Yea, unless people start team-forum hopping I don't think it'll be too bad.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:43 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Why would anyone start something like that? Look at the Lats thread right now and some people's reactions to losing him. It's like we've reached the end of the world. Parise and Suter are much bigger fish.
Yes, but neither is within team control. People are upset because we were basically told "Lats will be signing." Fletcher had the ability to ensure team control, but opted not to do so.

In a Parise/Suter scenario, we're dealing with two players who probably aren't going to sign here. We do have a decent shot at signing one or maybe even both of them, but I can't imagine anyone being truly surprised if they end up elsewhere. There's no real starting point for getting upset like there is for Lats.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:51 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Yes, but neither is within team control. People are upset because we were basically told "Lats will be signing." Fletcher had the ability to ensure team control, but opted not to do so.

In a Parise/Suter scenario, we're dealing with two players who probably aren't going to sign here. We do have a decent shot at signing one or maybe even both of them, but I can't imagine anyone being truly surprised if they end up elsewhere. There's no real starting point for getting upset like there is for Lats.
If anything, people should be mad at Russo. Because while it is a team control situation, we have no idea who soured the deal. Was Fletcher being stubborn or was Lats asking for too much? Russo made a massive mistake by sending out a tweet that created major waves. And I'm still somewhat miffed that he hasn't said a peep about it.

And while Parise and Suter aren't within our control, I've seen far too many times when a GM will still get the blame for not getting it done. It was like when Avder was initially mad at Fletch for not trading down. It takes two to agree to a trade just like it takes two to agree to a contract. And some people will point fingers without even knowing what actually went on during negotiations. But I should point out that this was a common issue on the other board. It could be more calm over here. It's just that I've seen Fletch already be accused of putting all his eggs in one basket, and we have no idea if that's the case.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:55 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
If anything, people should be mad at Russo. Because while it is a team control situation, we have no idea who soured the deal. Was Fletcher being stubborn or was Lats asking for too much? Russo made a massive mistake by sending out a tweet that created major waves. And I'm still somewhat miffed that he hasn't said a peep about it.

And while Parise and Suter aren't within our control, I've seen far too many times when a GM will still get the blame for not getting it done. It was like when Avder was initially mad at Fletch for not trading down. It takes two to agree to a trade just like it takes two to agree to a contract. And some people will point fingers without even knowing what actually went on during negotiations. But I should point out that this was a common issue on the other board. It could be more calm over here. It's just that I've seen Fletch already be accused of putting all his eggs in one basket, and we have no idea if that's the case.
Judging from the opinions in the Parise thread, I don't know that there's anyone who seriously thinks that a lack of action from Fletcher would be the cause of either not signing. At least as far as this board goes, Wild fans aren't quite that delusional. I'm sure that the Detroit forums will explode when neither signs with them, but that's because many posters there legitimately believe that players don't have the option to not sign with Detroit if they want them.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:

I wouldn't be mad at GMCF if Parise doesn't sign here. It's obvious that the Wild are willing to pay him a large some of money for coming here. If Parise leaves it on the table to go somewhere else that's his decision. It will be a damn depressing thing for a while though.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:06 AM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
Judging from the opinions in the Parise thread, I don't know that there's anyone who seriously thinks that a lack of action from Fletcher would be the cause of either not signing. At least as far as this board goes, Wild fans aren't quite that delusional. I'm sure that the Detroit forums will explode when neither signs with them, but that's because many posters there legitimately believe that players don't have the option to not sign with Detroit if they want them.
Part of me wont even be upset if the Wild miss out on Suter/Parise as long as they dont sign with the Wings.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:13 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Good point.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
For some reason I found this video hilarious:

Old
06-28-2012, 05:35 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
That is kind of a blanket statement, but I wouldn't consider it wrong by any means most just feel the "why WOULDN"T they wanna play here?"

Old
06-28-2012, 06:57 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Total Embarrassment

vCash: 50
Welp, another sleepless night. This is getting really tiring. Literally.

I really hope the doc gives me some real pain meds that let me finally get some damned sleep when I see him this morning.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Total Embarrassment

vCash: 50
Got back from the Docs office a bit ago.

I got some REAL pain meds. Or at least I will when I go back to the pharmacy after my dentist appointment to pick them up.

Hopefully they zonk me the heck out and I can get some damned sleep at last. Maybe I'll get lucky and completely forget that I'm starting to hate my own team again too.

I think I'm gonna go cry in the corner.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Gonna have to get a screen shot at 222,222
Too late.

Closed Thread