HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Game Puck Recovered

Old
06-28-2012, 06:56 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
This is the most ridiculous invented controversy I've ever heard of. It's NOT a Stanley Cup winning puck, so there's absolutely no significance to it.
So little significance a guy who won 3 Cups decided to keep a puck from a losing effort? If there was no significance to it, why the hell would ANY player from a losing squad want a memento like that? Particularly a guy who has won it before multiple times. Yeah... no significance at all. Makes total sense.

The Kings have kept the puck used at the end of every series win to eventually display to commemorate their first ever Cup win, so there is some significance to the Kings to finding it.

Elias is a smart guy. He's won 3 Cups. He knew what he was doing. He got some charity money out of the deal. Good for him.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
some here are definitely being serious about this - not quite sure why though. The whole thing's a big joke imo

I lol'd at this response to that twitter message: "Did Ryane Clowe grab it from the bench?"
No, he only touches the puck from the bench.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:57 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Look some people take it seriously some dont. I took it seriously. The organization wanted it because when the game ended for our First cup. That was the puck in play. Some think its a cute joke. I just wanted it, and i got more upset when i found out Luc was really upset. Because everybody loves Luc.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
some here are definitely being serious about this - not quite sure why though. The whole thing's a big joke imo
People have different opinions on the matter. Its what makes forums so fun. The best thing is to not take everything so seriously. Elias is a butt though. its fair enough.

The Kings wanted the puck and deserve it. It doesn't matter if other fans don't understand. I don't expect them too.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:58 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Look some people take it seriously some dont. I took it seriously. The organization wanted it because when the game ended for our First cup. That was the puck in play. Some think its a cute joke. I just wanted it, and i got more upset when i found out Luc was really upset. Because everybody loves Luc.
only people taking this seriously is NJ fans.......

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:59 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Relax, we're just poking fun.

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:00 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
It took 45 years for the Kings to win the Stanley Cup, let them have their puck if they want it.
I agree with you 100%, that's fine.

What I'm saying (and people either arent understanding or are intentionally ignoring) is that it's disingenuous for people to act like it's normal for Stanley Cup Championship teams to keep the last puck that was laying on the ice from the winning game.

It's not!

But somehow this "controversy" was created that the puck was "stolen" - as if it's common for SCC teams to keep non-winning game pucks. It's not common...... and they dont. That's my point.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:01 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
only people taking this seriously is NJ fans.......
Im talking about the fact Luc wanted the puck. I wanted the puck back, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want the puck back?

Old
06-28-2012, 07:04 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:

What I'm saying (and people either arent understanding or are intentionally ignoring) is that it's disingenuous for people to act like it's normal for Stanley Cup Championship teams to keep the last puck that was laying on the ice from the winning game.

It's not!

But somehow this "controversy" was created that the puck was "stolen" - as if it's common for SCC teams to keep non-winning game pucks. It's not common...... and they dont. That's my point.
It was stolen, if it wasn't who would choir boy lie about it? Stop being such a homer.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:

It's not!
It took me 30 seconds to find one example...

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-owner-has-it/

This is a pretty silly thing for you to be coming on the team board to complain about, don't you think?

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:21 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

@Kwesty19
Quote:
Can't wait to see what I find in my hockey bag! ‪#thanksPatrik‬ ‪#doyoualwayscarryapuckaroundwithyou‬?

Old
06-28-2012, 07:35 PM
onlyalad

So he took the puck as a laugh. Didnt think it was a big deal and when he saw it was a big deal, he relented and gave it back. No big deal. Hope to have the same problem in 360 days.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
jules

Quote:
This is the most ridiculous invented controversy I've ever heard of. It's NOT a Stanley Cup winning puck, so there's absolutely no significance to it.

Do you keep the winning puck from the few Stanley Cup clinching OT games? Yes. Absolutely. 100%. No questions asked.

But WTH ever heard of keeping the last puck that just happened to be on the ice in a game that was decided long before the whistle? Like it's some sort of common practice? Exactly.

There's no historical significance to it from any other puck used in the game. In fact, it's even less historically significant than any of the Kings goal scoring pucks that night.
I see your point, but does that make it any more appropriate for Elias to keep it? That since the puck was essential meaningless in your opinion, that it was ok for someone to steal it?

jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Quattro

Quote:
I highly doubt Luc was really upset.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Once returned, Luc turned the puck over and saw a post-it on the other side saying "Please don't sign my buddy Zach. Yours, - P"

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:26 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:

Do you keep the winning puck from the few Stanley Cup clinching OT games? Yes. Absolutely. 100%. No questions asked.

But WTH ever heard of keeping the last puck that just happened to be on the ice in a game that was decided long before the whistle? Like it's some sort of common practice? Exactly.

There's no historical significance to it from any other puck used in the game. In fact, it's even less historically significant than any of the Kings goal scoring pucks that night.
In every series clinching game the Kings have the puck that was on the ice at the end.The only puck missing was the one THAT MEANT THE MOST taken by the losing team! Get it?

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:33 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
@Kwesty19
Next time Elias may find a horses head in his bag.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
We got the Puck!
We got the Puck!
We got the Puck!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:25 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
We got the Puck!
We got the Puck!
We got the Puck!
Where's that "Like" button when you need it!

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:46 PM
no name

Quote:

It's not!

It's actually pretty common. There has been the same controversy in the past.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:49 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
So he took the puck as a laugh. Didnt think it was a big deal and when he saw it was a big deal, he relented and gave it back. No big deal. Hope to have the same problem in 360 days.
He knew exactly how big a deal it was or he would not have taken it, carried it with him to the locker, put it in his bag and took it home. I just really hope his intentions were not to sell it. I'd rather him take it for spite.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:23 PM
bbfrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
He knew exactly how big a deal it was or he would not have taken it, carried it with him to the locker, put it in his bag and took it home. I just really hope his intentions were not to sell it. I'd rather him take it for spite.
What i love is how we have people in here saying "oh whats the big deal" "he saw an opportunity for his charity, good for him"
Seriously? The dude LIED that he didnt know where it was. Then he bribes the Kings to give to his charity so they can get the puck. What kind of charity lets someone like that speak on their behalf? This whole situation is flat out wrong. Elias has lost respect for the game that pays him quite handsomely. And in turn, should lose alot of respect from fellow players and fans. What he did at first is akin to my 5 year old. Then he followed that up with some mob action.
I dont think Gretz was far off.....and it still holds true....."Mickey Mouse Organization".
You want to argue this point of view? Then your morals are in question. And i dont give a **** if it was for charity. Makes nothing right.

bbfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:20 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

The next thing you know Elias will be on every golf course in Florida looking for the REAL thieves...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

At the game, I noticed something that intrigued me, never saw it before (because the only celebrations I had seen before were on TV).

The referees stayed on the ice, all the way up to the Cup presentation. (I did not notice if they were still on the ice after the Cup was presented to Brown, as I watching the players celebrate.) They were all together, off to the side, just observing.

It seems to me that this incident may set a new protocol, where one of the referees or linesman are tasked with collecting the game puck at the end of the game. I mean, if they are going to be there anyway, why not?

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
At the game, I noticed something that intrigued me, never saw it before (because the only celebrations I had seen before were on TV).

The referees stayed on the ice, all the way up to the Cup presentation. (I did not notice if they were still on the ice after the Cup was presented to Brown, as I watching the players celebrate.) They were all together, off to the side, just observing.

It seems to me that this incident may set a new protocol, where one of the referees or linesman are tasked with collecting the game puck at the end of the game. I mean, if they are going to be there anyway, why not?
Actually, they have been instructed to NOT touch the puck at the end of a cup clinching game. The linesman is the one that collected the OT game winner in the Hawks game and the puck hasn't been seen since.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote