HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Ralph Krueger is the new head coach of the Edmonton Oilers.

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
This kid is going to be much better than Hemsky.

Think Jordan Eberle and you will be getting warm.
I thought Baertschi was more of a play maker? I think of Eberle as a goal scorer before a play maker.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:13 PM
scid14

vCash: 50
He definitely reminds me a lot of Eberle.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:27 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
They know where they sit on the totem pole of "team based websites".
At the very bottom.
And suffer from extreme xenophobia haha Which is why they banned my Justin Schultz username and all it took was a few dudes calling me a troll because of my name and I was banned a few hours later.
It's like the red scare over there, literally.
That was you? I think you were banned unfairly. I went back and reread your posts and saw no cause to ban you. I guess they think you were trolling. Go back and re-register as Nail Yakupov and let's see what happens.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:30 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
On CP?

His +/- is a result of his linemates.
His defense is below average because of his high scoring.
Only chose Edmonton for 1st pairing mins and will leave to another team as soon as he has proven his value and can get top dollar on a winning team after UFA.
They also say that Shultz will get himself killed when he skates into the Flames aisle of doom and one of their bruisers hammers him.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:33 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
They also say that Shultz will get himself killed when he skates into the Flames aisle of doom and one of their bruisers hammers him.
Like Regehr? Oh wait, I meant Brodie, Bouwmeester, or Wideman...

They have exactly one bruiser, and that's Sarich.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:34 PM
mossy joe
keep it riel

i've seen baertschi play dozens of times live in the WJs, the dub, and in the AHL. i like him lots, but i think he's being overvalued by many people. he reminds me of a headier devon setoguchi.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:39 PM
MessierII

Hahaha oh Calgary puck what a crazy place.

Old
11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Hahaha oh Calgary puck what a crazy place.
Here's a quote from someone (Locke) on the CP forums, in the thread regarding Shultz :

Quote:
What we're seeing now is what we've all been saying for years, the Oilers have basically been relegated to the AHL and now they're finally doing okay. Finally a level that they can compete at!
I think some of them may be in denial. As an aside, many of the CP boards think fairly highly of Shultz.

I sure hope the season starts this year. I really want to see Yaks, Shultz, the big 3, and I want to see how Kreuger handles them on a game by game basis. Althogh I said in another thread that I don't really miss the NHL hockey, I'm starting to get a bit of a hankering to see what the team can do this year. If it doesn;t start this year, I may well be done with watching hockey in general, except the playoffs.

Old
11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
That was you? I think you were banned unfairly. I went back and reread your posts and saw no cause to ban you. I guess they think you were trolling. Go back and re-register as Nail Yakupov and let's see what happens.
ya it was like a preventative measure or something. Even though I didn't say any bad **** and didn't plan too.
Oh well, not surprised that i gave them the benefit of the doubt and they let me down.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:10 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

I don't see the Hemsky Baertschi comparison at all. They play different styles, there's gotta be a much bettter comparison out there.

I also agree there's a chance Sven is better than Hemsky (which would be a great accomplishment because Hemsky is a terrific player)

Old
11-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Here's a quote from someone (Locke) on the CP forums, in the thread regarding Shultz :

I think some of them may be in denial. As an aside, many of the CP boards think fairly highly of Shultz.

I sure hope the season starts this year. I really want to see Yaks, Shultz, the big 3, and I want to see how Kreuger handles them on a game by game basis. Althogh I said in another thread that I don't really miss the NHL hockey, I'm starting to get a bit of a hankering to see what the team can do this year. If it doesn;t start this year, I may well be done with watching hockey in general, except the playoffs.
It's going to be very satisfying once this team starts treating the Flames like their *****.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Pointteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I don't see the Hemsky Baertschi comparison at all. They play different styles, there's gotta be a much bettter comparison out there.

I also agree there's a chance Sven is better than Hemsky (which would be a great accomplishment because Hemsky is a terrific player)
Man, I think the Flames deserve one or two great players. After all, we have 5 (Or maybe even more) going forward.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:36 PM
misfit

This thread isn't about Calgary Puck or Flames prospects. While the post that brought this thread back from the dead was actually on topic, nothing posted afterward was. Sorry folks, but I'm killing this thread.