HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MPS to Montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 10:40 AM
  #1
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
MPS to Montreal

I know this has been discussed before but, since we are now post-draft, Edmonton has chosen Yakupov and Montreal has chosen Galchenyuk, it works for both teams to explore the possibility.

How about something surrounding MPS for Morgan Ellis + 2nd in 2013? I believe Ellis is joining Hamilton next year. By drafting Thrower, we can make a defenseman prospect available for you. Alternatively, we can discuss Diaz.

What is MPS's current value?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:42 AM
  #2
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,391
vCash: 500
I'm sure this is tough for Edmonton fans.

If I were them, I wouldn't fully give up on Paajarvi UNLESS a Top 4 defenceman would be coming the other way. With that being said, I'm not sure if they can get that.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:43 AM
  #3
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Oilers don't believe in defensemen. They are going to ice a line-up of only forwards.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:44 AM
  #4
HankTheTankYoLo
Registered User
 
HankTheTankYoLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,337
vCash: 500
Rangers offer Dubinsky

HankTheTankYoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:44 AM
  #5
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
I think he would look great on the 3rd line next to Eller but Edmonton fans will probably want way too much given where he was drafted. It really hurts to give up Ellis but I may do the trade in the OP.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:47 AM
  #6
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
I'm sure this is tough for Edmonton fans.

If I were them, I wouldn't fully give up on Paajarvi UNLESS a Top 4 defenceman would be coming the other way. With that being said, I'm not sure if they can get that.
They won't get a top 4 dman for MPS. His talent says they should but reality says that top 4 Dmen are in more demand, so more valuable.

For MPS they would get a top 4 projected prospect and maybe something to even it out either way depending on who gets offered in return.

But I don't see EDM trading MPS anytime soon and have the offensive depth that they can allow him to develop properly in OKC...which he has done well so far, especially in their playoff run.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:52 AM
  #7
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Paajarvi's a 3rd liner at the moment but he gives an option to raise his game to get into our top 6 and he's young. Morgan Ellis has a bright future, 2013 is a deep draft and we have a glut of defensemen coming through - Tinordi, Beaulieu, Thrower, Dietz, Bennett and others.

It'll be difficult to get a top 4 defenseman for a current 3rd liner.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:53 AM
  #8
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
They won't get a top 4 dman for MPS. His talent says they should but reality says that top 4 Dmen are in more demand, so more valuable.

For MPS they would get a top 4 projected prospect and maybe something to even it out either way depending on who gets offered in return.

But I don't see EDM trading MPS anytime soon and have the offensive depth that they can allow him to develop properly in OKC...which he has done well so far, especially in their playoff run.
Well they're not really in demand if you saw what prices they were going for at the Draft.

Michalek? Visnovski? They were both really cheap to have.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:56 AM
  #9
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
I will pass up on bashing the previous posts and counter with Tinordi .
Hoping the other Oil fans do the same.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:11 AM
  #10
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
I actually see Ellis having a better shot at being a useful NHLer. He's been one of my favorite prospects ever since his draft year, and has done nothing but progress, and then progress some more.

MPS has more upside though, for sure. I'm just not sure he has the required hockey sense to pull it all together.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:12 AM
  #11
Lemons
Registered User
 
Lemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
MPS would shrivel up and die in montreal

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
  #12
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Zero interest in MPS. Edmonton was a perfect place for him to break into the NHL and he simply hasn't seized the opportunity.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:16 AM
  #13
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
Well they're not really in demand if you saw what prices they were going for at the Draft.

Michalek? Visnovski? They were both really cheap to have.
look at their cap, injury history and what their former teams were trying to do.

Anaheim was trying to open up a roster spot, Pittsburgh needs more cap space and roster spots for their up and coming D as well.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:23 AM
  #14
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
look at their cap, injury history and what their former teams were trying to do.

Anaheim was trying to open up a roster spot, Pittsburgh needs more cap space and roster spots for their up and coming D as well.
Pittsburgh? What?

They tried with their utmost effort to get rid of Martin but they couldn't.

Instead of writing a chapter book on your post, I'm just going to summarize:


Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:28 AM
  #15
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
Pittsburgh? What?

They tried with their utmost effort to get rid of Martin but they couldn't.

Instead of writing a chapter book on your post, I'm just going to summarize:

sigh. No one wanted him so they moved the next larger contract. You can think whatever you want to think. But come trade deadline look at what every team wants then come back and facepalm again.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:39 AM
  #16
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
I will pass up on bashing the previous posts and counter with Tinordi .
Hoping the other Oil fans do the same.
Based on what? Given his current position, he hasn't progressed to a top 6 role and with your current depth up front with Yakupov, he likely won't be given the chance. Look who he has ahead of him.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:44 AM
  #17
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
Pittsburgh? What?

They tried with their utmost effort to get rid of Martin but they couldn't.

Instead of writing a chapter book on your post, I'm just going to summarize:

Michalek did struggle this year and they were opening up cap space for July 1.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:49 AM
  #18
Whoyawit*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
I have a feeling the kids in Edmonton will be playing much more this year under Kruger. PRV will be getting a solid look in the top 6 this year - almost every donk on these boards will be eating their words about his value.
Big, fast, good hands. Sounds like what any team would want in a prospect.
Could be a big year for the kid after sliding last year playing with clowns.

Whoyawit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:54 AM
  #19
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoyawit View Post
I have a feeling the kids in Edmonton will be playing much more this year under Kruger. PRV will be getting a solid look in the top 6 this year - almost every donk on these boards will be eating their words about his value.
Big, fast, good hands. Sounds like what any team would want in a prospect.
Could be a big year for the kid after sliding last year playing with clowns.
At the expense of who? Hall? Yakupov? RNH? Gagner? Eberle? Hemsky? I hope you get my point. He isn't going to have the chance to play in the top 6 with these guys ahead of him. Drafting Yakupov took his spot and made him expendable.


Last edited by Ginu: 06-27-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:59 AM
  #20
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Here is what i think is a more reasonable offer from a Montreal Fans: Tinordi + 5th round.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:18 PM
  #21
Whoyawit*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
At the expense of who? Hall? Yakupov? RNH? Gagner? Eberle? Hemsky? I hope you get my point. He isn't going to have the chance to play in the top 6 with these guys ahead of him.
While I am somewhat inclined to agree with your thoughts, I'm not convinced Hemsky will be playing in our top 6 - at least not full time.

Hall RNH Eberle
PRV Gagner Yakupov
TBD Horcoff Hemsky

I think you get my point. The Oilers will not trade PRV unless he's part of a package that brings the team a much needed stud dman - if he's not moved I don't see a scenario where he doesn't play top 6 minutes.

Whoyawit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:19 PM
  #22
itzizabella
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I know this has been discussed before but, since we are now post-draft, Edmonton has chosen Yakupov and Montreal has chosen Galchenyuk, it works for both teams to explore the possibility.

How about something surrounding MPS for Morgan Ellis + 2nd in 2013? I believe Ellis is joining Hamilton next year. By drafting Thrower, we can make a defenseman prospect available for you. Alternatively, we can discuss Diaz.

What is MPS's current value?
No way in hell. If you want MPS it would be more along the lines of
To Montreal:
Magnus Paajarvi
4thround pick

To Edmonton:
Jarrod Tinordi

itzizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
  #23
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I know this has been discussed before but, since we are now post-draft, Edmonton has chosen Yakupov and Montreal has chosen Galchenyuk, it works for both teams to explore the possibility.

How about something surrounding MPS for Morgan Ellis + 2nd in 2013? I believe Ellis is joining Hamilton next year. By drafting Thrower, we can make a defenseman prospect available for you. Alternatively, we can discuss Diaz.

What is MPS's current value?
No. I wouldn't swap Ellis alone for MPS, let alone adding a 2nd rounder in a deep draft. There's a reason why Ellis has been rising since the day we drafted him and MPS has been plummeting.

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:40 PM
  #24
edro*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
Pittsburgh? What?

They tried with their utmost effort to get rid of Martin but they couldn't.

Instead of writing a chapter book on your post, I'm just going to summarize:


Wow...

Shero almost had Martin traded at draft but waiting to see if they get suter or parise

edro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:51 PM
  #25
roboninja
EYG
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Here is what i think is a more reasonable offer from a Montreal Fans: Tinordi + 5th round.
I'd seriously consider it. The only reason I would not jump on it is the thought that maybe Krueger is the coach that can bring that talent to the surface in the NHL.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.